August 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY 6/1 - Tattoos/Piercings

2»

Re: GTKY 6/1 - Tattoos/Piercings

• Options
     :D That's crazy! Some girl named Lisa stabbed me with pencil in 3rd grade. Apparently that happens to a lot of people!  :D
    In second grade it was cool to sharpen your pencils as sharp as you could, and some girl wanted to show me how sharp hers was, and so I touched it, and she slipped and it went right into my finger.  I got out of a spelling test though!  :D
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    I just have my ears pierced.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any tattoos. I got my belly button pierced at 17 but took it out after about 8 years. I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    I have 2 piercings in each ear lobe and cartilage in one ear but the only ones I still use are the bottom (normal) lobe piercings. The other 3 might be closed up at this point. No tattoos but I've been thinking about getting a compass or an outline of a globe on my wrist for 4 or 5 years. I never thought about them until moving to the SF area and I'm worried when we eventually move back to the east coast, it will be frowned upon wherever I end up working whereas it's so common here, even in the corporate world. DH isn't a huge fan of the idea of tattoos but he also can't watch me put earrings in so I've never figured out if it's just the idea of the needle or if he actually wouldn't like if I had one. It's a non-issue until I decide if I actually want one.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    mia080mia080 member
    edited June 2017
    +1 for getting stabbed by a freshly sharpened pencil in 3rd grade!! haha marked for life

i have 3 tattoos (one on each wrist & one on my foot) and have my ears pierced (just once). i never wear earrings though... i think they look weird on me but love how they look on other people.
     i used to have a frenulum/tongue web piercing and loved it -- was a great alternative to an actual tongue piercing cause it wasn't as obvious and i could play around with it all day... but the combo of messing with it and that area being so thin, it rejected and tore out after about a year :(

what are everyone's thoughts on piercing baby's ears vs waiting & letting them decide when they are older? 
    i feel like it's definitely not as common to get a baby's ears pierced now
  • Options
    @em1017 that's currently being discussed in FFFC, FYI. :)
  • Options
    mia080mia080 member
    @mrsmatt1212 hahhh! thanks for the heads up :) will hop on over there!
  • Options
    Zero tattoos but I have had my nose pierced for 11 years
  • Options
    lmyrmolmyrmo member
    edited June 2017
    I have a small tattoos on my toe and on my ankle I got when I was 15. And just pierced ears. I have four on each side plus cartilage one one side, but only wear one on each side. Again, got piercings as a teenager. Lol. And two pencil marks on my right hand from unintentional stabs in middle school. Also didn't know this happened to other people.