Infertility

July FET

Re: July FET

• @Hopeful_mom We need to get on this book!  I've never heard of disappearing follicles?  What happens with that and why?  You are working like crazy!  I hope you are being kind to yourself and taking more breaks.

@slmurphy12 Are you sure we're not married to the same person?  Lol.  Sucks that you are on more meds, but at least you will have it taken care of before your transfer.  You can join @Hopeful_mom and I in the sensitive vajayjay club... You can help write the book too lol.

AFM, not a good day... I've not officially heard from anyone at my clinic yet with my next instructions, but my beta was posted online so I could see it a couple of hours ago.  It was only 32.98.  Was I supposed to do TW?  I highly doubt anyone is pea green with envy or emotional over that number lol.  I am sure I will have to go back on Friday for another draw of torture.  My numbers have gotten worse each time.  I just feel like we're taking a step backwards each time.  I haven't cried much... I feel like I was more upset about the vag infections haha.  I just kind of knew it would turn out like this... Yes, I know I can hold out hope and hope that it rises, but I thought that same thing in the fall when my first beta was 92.89 and that didn't happen with a better number.  I guess I will just wait and see what they tell me.  I'm allowing myself to be lazy and mopey today, but hope to get back to normal with living life tomorrow.

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    @joneser1281 ugh that sucks. How many days past transfer are you? I've been there with the lowered betas each time ( in natural PG) and it's heartbreaking. That's what I'm trying to combat this time around with the immune treatments. 

Im still holding out hope for you though and it has to start somewhere! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @angelbea Glad your transfer went well and hope you are feeling good today.  Are you showering while on bedrest?  I have 72 hours of bedrest as well after my transfer next week, my instructions say I'm only allowed to get up to use the bathroom, but I don't know if I can go 3 days without showering.  

@cscher2 90 seems like a great first beta to me! Congrats and hopefully Friday goes well.  How exciting!

@joneser1281 I'm sorry your first beta wasn't high.  Keep thinking positive thoughts though!  Hopefully that number keeps going up!

I hope everyone who has transferred already this month is doing great, I've been busy so there is too much to read and catch up on!  Lol.

• @Ash_SE I am 9dpt.  Yeah I am keeping the immune thing in the back of my mind, but I am also wondering about my egg quality... Because my egg retrieval was last summer.  This was before we knew I had the bowel endometriosis.  I'm just wondering if the endo affected the eggs... Even though I didn't have it on any reproductive organs, maybe inflammation from it still caused issues.  For example if I did an egg retrieval now, maybe the eggs would be of better quality.  Thank you for the good vibes.  I guess you never know what can happen, but after 5 years I know I am the exception to this rule, not the norm.

@MMD1986 Thank you... I will try.  Positivity for myself isn't something I'm good with... I can thinking positively for you guys all day long though haha.

I still don't know what's going on.  I'm kind of irritated that still no one has called or messaged me.  This has been happening the last three days with my clinic where I feel I'm invisible or something.  I saw online that they have me scheduled to come in for another beta on Sunday, along with checking progesterone and estradiol.  Well that's not going to work because we are leaving for vacation on Saturday.  So I messaged them to tell them that, but no word.  I will probably have to call in a few minutes to get to them before 3 when they might not return any more messages for the day.

TTC since June 2012

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

7 frozen

6 frozen

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

4 frozen

• I would definitely just give them a call now to make sure you are able to talk to someone today.
  • joneser: I'm sorry about the way you found out the number, but honestly, I think 9 days post is kinda early; my clinic doesn't do the first beta until 11-12 days post transfer, so I do believe that there is lots of hope!  Hang tight and hopefully you can speak to someone at your clinic who can provide a little context.  Will be thinking of you.....

MMD1986:  Actually, I'm not showering for the 3 days -- kinda gross I know, but I kind of think of it like camping.  I do get up to go to the bathroom, wash my face, brush my teeth, make a quick snack (as my DH is away at work for 2 of the 3 days, so I'm solo and a girl as to eat!).  I think they don't want you to shower, go up stairs, etc., just to avoid the possibility of falling, so if you are careful, I'm sure it's fine.  I have other friends who have had successful FETs that were not on bedrest at all, so go figure.  I swear I'm getting bed sores from all this lying around!  It's not so bad, though, actually, as I've busied myself with reading, tv, movies, phone calls.  It is kinda interesting to just "check out" entirely from work, etc.  I plan to work from home tomorrow, but will do so from my bed/the couch. 
    Me: 41; DH: 45
    Both married for the first time in our 40s; went straight to IVF after multiple fibroid surgeries
    (2/17) ER: #1:  agonist/antagonist protocol: 19 eggs; 8 mature; 13 fertilized; 1 7-day blast (6BA = abnormal/non-viable)
    (4/17) ER: #2: same protocol but stimmed an extra 2 days:  16 eggs; 10 mature (5 more matured in lab); 13 fertilized; 2 6-day blasts (5AA & 6BA) & 2 7-day blasts (6BA & 5BB):  only 1 Day 6 6BA tested normal!  
    FET on 7/10/17
    Beta on 7/21/17:  Negative:(
    (8/17) ER #3:  9 eggs; 6 mature; 3 fertilized; 1 7-day blast (6BA = abnormal/non-viable)
    Developed severe complications (abdominal bleeding) following egg retrieval which required hospitalization, transfusion & emergency surgery.  Done with IVF.
  •   Good luck to everyone that is having transfer! 

Its always so interesting how different clinics give different insteuctions. In my clinic not only they don't want you to bed rest, you can get up and walk out the minute the transfer is done. I think I stayed for 2 minutes and then ran to the bathroom. 

They want you to get back to normal as circulation is good. (You're not suppose to run or do crazy excercise, but everything else is ok)
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• Thank you @angelbea.  I appreciate your kindness and positivity.  I know, some clinics don't even test until 14 days past transfer.  I know I can cling to hope... It's just really hard to do that because it seems this cycle is heading in the exact same direction as my other two.  For my fresh transfer last summer, my betas were: 117.3... 238.1... I started bleeding two days after the second beta, and the bleeding just picked up.  They had me in for a third beta four days after the second while I was bleeding and it was at 927.4.  They were trying to tell me things could be ok because bleeding is common and my numbers were still good, but I knew better.  The bleeding continued and three days later it was 123.6 and then a week after that it was 10.03.  For my first FET in the fall, they were: 92.89... 121.9... and then a week after that back to 6.75.  So with a starting number of 32.98, my lowest start yet, makes me feel doomed.

I'm glad you're getting some good relaxation in!  I'm sure your embie is settling in nicely! <3

AFM, I did end up getting a call from my favorite nurse a few minutes after I sent the online message about not being able to come in on Sunday for another beta.  She said she will have me come in Friday instead.  She said the first number is not as high as she had hoped, but she said it's a starting point because they have seen numbers this low go up as they should.  Sigh!  I've heard that before.  I was asking her questions, which she of course can't really answer because she's not the doctor... But some possibilities if this cycle doesn't work out: testing for autoimmune issues (my clinic doesn't offer these tests, but she said my RE could refer me to someone for them), ERA testing (my clinic just started doing these tests this summer... I guess they have a few patients doing the tests on a trial basis, one of whom has had recurrent losses), and the possibility of testing the embryos.  However, they aren't encouraging about testing them though.  I mean, I already lost one in the thaw.  I don't know that they'd survive thawing, testing, and refreezing.  I told her that part of me thinks they might not be of good quality because of having endo when the eggs were retrieved.

So I guess at least I feel a little better knowing there are some other avenues to pursue.  I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the beta either jumps up as it should for Friday, or does a sustainable decline.  If it does that little creeping up business, I am going to feel like I can't have a cocktail the entire vacation!  That would be fine if I knew I was PG, but I hate being in beta purgatory! 

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    @joneser1281 I know how it feels when you kinda know better but others tell you to keep hopeful. 

I know endo does really affect quality. Do you have insurance? Could you do another retrieval and PGS those now that you had the endo removed? That way you avoid the thawing and refreezing. 
  • @joneser1281 I'm sorry you didn't get the good news you wanted! Just try to stay positive bc all of your cycles are different so you never know!plus we may get famous from our book! Praying so hard for your little embie ❤️
  • @Prudence9 my clinic is the same!! They just won't let me go back to work bc I'm heavy lifting lol 
  • Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    @joneser1281 I meant to say I know some doctors say endo affects quality. Dr. Braverman (Google if you haven't heard) also has supplements that will help he says. 
  • Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    I can't determine if my pain I'm experiencing right now solely on my right side hip and front pelvic area are cramps or pain from the PIO like nerve pain. It's pretty intense out of nowhere. Maybe it's ovary cyst or fluid? It's not just the PIO muscle but also in the front ovary area. Ugh. 
  • joneser1281joneser1281 member
    edited July 2017
    @Ash_SE I've been told it's likely the endo could have been causing inflammation in my body keeping me from getting pregnant, but because it was only found on my bowels (and not on my ovaries, tubes, or uterus) that they can't be certain egg quality was affected.  But as with everything, they can't say for sure.  What do you know about the egg quality being affected?

I have excellent insurance coverage... Just none for fertility treatments. :#  Diagnostic testing is covered and any procedures necessary to correct issues, but nothing for ART.  Some meds are covered with copays, some not.  Well that is my thought... I would like to do another retrieval and fresh transfer and yes, would definitely want to have them tested this time... But I am not sure what to do about the 4 we have left in the meantime.  I'm not even certain that my clinic does the testing onsite.  I didn't look much into it because we weren't going to do it.  They may ship them somewhere else for that?  I wouldn't do another fresh cycle right now though.  I honestly prefer to do those in the summer just because of how miserable it made me (although that could have also been the bowel endo that was killing me softly on the inside and we didn't know).  As silly as it sounds, summer is kinda almost over for me.  We'll go on vaca this weekend and then once we get back I'll have maybe one more week before I have to start going back into my classroom.  I'm teaching a camp the second week of August, so I'll have to get in that first week and start putting my room back together.  Then the following week, my BFF and I are going for a few days to visit our gf at her beach house in Delaware.  Then I start back to school a week or two after that.

I'm not sure how I would handle work during a fresh cycle with all of the meds and monitoring appts and teaching 5-6 yr olds all day/everyday.  I don't get to sit down at all.  Although I am thankful for it and enjoy it, my job can be very stressful for various reasons and often gives me a lot of anxiety.  I know many woman don't have the luxury of having time off and have to do their cycles when working, but since I do have that option, I prefer to use that time for treatment to be as stress-free as possible.  We'll see though.  I'm not saying I never would do a fresh while working... I just don't know what decisions to make at this time.  I have to just see how things play out I guess and go from there.  I am not eager to drop all of that money again on the fresh cycle either...  :s   We got by last time just pulling a little money from a few different savings accounts, but I'm not sure we could do it again without a loan.

@slmurphy12 You crack me up!  Thank you for the good vibes... <3

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    @joneser1281
    yes my lab does biopsy but send away for the PGS testing. It goes to a genetics lab. 

Are you getting another beta on Fridat? 

AFM, my pain went away last night after about an hour with a bit of heating pad and laying down. I don't know what this means. I want to test so bad at 7dp5dt today but I'm going to hold strong and just enjoy being PUPO. I'm going to wait for the beta. I can't do all the shots and pills if I feel like it's for nothing. My beta is Saturday morning . Only 2 more sleeps. I'm feeling twinges and pings occasionally and tiredness and some food aversions but I know it could all be the hormones. I just feel like this has to work and trying to stay positive. With a PGS embryo the success rates are like 60-70%. I need some luck! 
  • @Ash_SE do you have a cyst on that side?? I have a simple cyst on my left ovary that I got right before I started my egg retrival stims, my dr said as long as they are not estrogen releasing that they are harmless as long as it's always there and doesn't grow and mine has just been chillin. Sometimes I get twinges of pain on that side bc she says sometimes there are little follicular cysts that burst and RE absorb. It happens to almost all of us during our period and some people don't even notice. So maybe you just had a little cyst on that side? 
  • @joneser1281 I'll be sending lots of good vibes your way! Especially Friday!
  • @Ash_SE Saturday isn't too far away!! Just two more sleeps. Twinges and tiredness can be a good sign. I have only been tired the 3 times I got BFPs. Unfortunately two of them ended in chemicals and we are waiting to see what this third one does tomorrow. Fingers crossed for lots of good news this week!!

@joneser1281 good luck tomorrow with beta #2. I hope yours was just a slow starter. 
  • Hopeful_momHopeful_mom member
    edited July 2017
    cscher2 Shall I guess by ur screen name u got to scher.  Funny how the boards change, one board I was the lonely new yorker and other times its filled up!  I'm in brooklyn I use Genesis have you heard of them.  My RE in the beginning mentioned getting a 2nd opinion as I wasnt thrilled with my outcomes etc but as I looked into it RFA I've heard mixed reviews but doesn't take my insurance at all!  My RE is super knowledgeable and the staff is great especially after being with them for so long now  :s  My friend mentioned a placed called New hope.

joneser1281 this is where u and i are twins, I can be super positivity shouting from the roof tops for everyone else except me, drink the juice and try to be optimistic, could be late implantation...on the june board first beta was 40 and shes 7 wks now i think :)  You have every right to feel the way you do hoping that things keep moving in the right direction.  There is a whole thread on ERA you can see what those ladies have gone through.  I know its tough not knowing about ur embabies.  As for doing a fresh cycle while working I know its not easy for sure but i find it easier doing that then having to prepare for the FET for sure!  IF this doesn't go as planned maybe you can try a time during the school year that isn't as stressful.  Maybe before one of the breaks during the year you can try.  I guess you're not in NY as the teachers here actually do have IVF coverage.  Come teach in NY, we can get our book started :)

angelbea hows the staycation going :)  careful working from home and in bed.  I've been nonstop working from home on the computer and i guess being in one position for so long i did something to me back, I've never felt a pain like this before in my life OMG!!  I'm guessing i pulled it out but holy crap!!!  So just wanted to share so you still take it easy.  I can't believe how painful it is ugh!!

AFM: work has killed to the point that I think I through my back out just from getting up wrong...I dont even know.  Worst pain i've felt, its debilitating.  I haven't taken pain meds or anything in this whole TTC time and this time I need drugs and need them now!!! 
    I did make it to monitoring and if you'd like to laugh with me I have 2 follies growing with no drugs...geez thanks body lets not waste any extra eggs this cycle please.  RE isn't sure if they are maturing with E2 so I will be going back this weekend for more blood work and take it from there.  How great of the magic could happen naturally right :)  I even make myself laugh!
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• @Hopeful_mom I actually go to Gold Coast on Long Island. My first clinic was RSofNY and they were fine but with my difficult situation, it seemed they didn't have the time to figure it out so I would suggest avoiding them if you do try someone else. I did meet with someone from the Sher institute and they had a really nice office and staff but I didn't persue them any further as I wanted a small, extremely hands on clinic. 
  • @Ash_SE Yes, I am having another beta tomorrow and they are also checking my Estradiol and Progesterone.  I'm kinda wondering why they didn't do that already yesterday when starting with such a low number.  Maybe it was too late or something afterwards.  I'm glad your pain went away!  I hear ya... I'm having a really tough time right now taking my meds and shot, feeling like why am I even doing this?  I even had to call in a refill for my PIO.  I have maybe 1-2 days left in my current vial and I have one more (you're supposed to get 10 days out of one, but I never do) vial after that but I thought with going on vacation this weekend, what if I would need more?  I swear this always happens to me when I'm in pregnancy purgatory... I don't know if things are going to work out and always seem to need more meds around this time.  I hate having to order if I don't have to, but then I worry if I don't, I won't have enough left if I truly need it.  PIO is only a $5 copay for me, so I can't complain I know... It's just the principle!  Haha.  It sounds like you could definitely be having some symptoms... I can't wait to hear your news on Saturday!

Thank you, @slmurphy12! <3

Thank you, @cscher2!  I hope you get more good news tomorrow! <3  How are you having so many early betas?  I thought your first wasn't supposed to be until the 17th?  I apologize if you already told us why and I missed it.

@Hopeful_mom I did see one of our ladies have a low 39 beta on the June board, but I'm pretty sure it ended up to be CP. :'(  Unless there was another that I missed.  I will have to check out the ERA thread, thank you.  I can't believe you prefer to do a fresh cycle over a frozen!  The frozen is so easy for me... Minimal meds... Only 3 monitoring appts (which are prescheduled and not on a whim) and then the transfer.  I felt like for the fresh they had me coming down for appts constantly... All of those injections... Gonal F, Mixing Menopur before injecting it...  Cetrotide, Leuprolide Acetate, HCG... Shots in the abdomen and thighs... and butt... Some meds had to be refrigerated... Then you had to be ready to do the one injection at the exact moment they told you so you wouldn't prematurely ovulate before retrieval, so you had to carry a shot with you at all times... Ugh, stress!  Haha.  Like you said, I could try during the school year for a less stressful time, but I am usually always stressed out when working lol.  It would be nice to get it in before Christmas break... I know there's a time around the holidays that my clinic does not do IVF.  They do them in series and one series always ends before the holidays, I think so they can have a break too for the holidays.  I should come to NY!  That's wonderful that there is coverage!  Nope, I'm in PA... Like I said, great everyday coverage... Just not for this stuff.

I'm sorry to hear about your back!  I'm sure your neck and back are a mess with being at the computer so much... and you're under stress, which probably means you are stiff and if you made a sudden movement while stiff, that can definitely mess you up.  You need a massage!

AFM, I am on my rollercoaster of emotions.  I even skipped out on a wine night last night!  I figured what's the point... I can't drink because I'm "kinda" PG, which was bumming me out that I couldn't even say I was definitively PG... But I couldn't drink anyway if I wasn't because of the vag meds.  I was really tired anyway.  We don't normally get together until at least 9 PM and after the last week of the V keeping me up at night and the anxiety and stress of it all keeping me up, I was way behind on sleep.  I was falling asleep on the couch and knew getting together with the girls would have me up til at least midnight.  So I opted to head to bed instead.

I thank you all for the positive thoughts you have for me, when I seem to be unable to have them for myself.  I'm just feeling kind of lost.  I'm pretty sure as to how things will work out and I know I can't jump the gun before finding out what happens tomorrow, or talking to my RE, but I just don't even know where to go next in this journey.  I'm feeling kind of hopeless at the moment.  If things don't work out, a break from treatment is probably in order.  I guess we will see after tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'm trying to pack for vacation and not really getting very far.  It's so gloomy out here, I don't feel like moving from the couch haha.  I'm having a blah day, so I definitely don't get much accomplished on these days.  I'm watching one of my guilty reality pleasures, Famously Single.  Haha.  It's On Demand, so I suggest checking it out... These people can act a real mess sometimes lol.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 my clinic says they do it on 14dp5dt but I asked them if they could do it when I went in for my 8dp5dt blood work (usually for progesterone and estrogen).  And then they do it every 3 days to ensure doubling. 
  • Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    So I think I have a legit symptom. All week I haven't wanted to eat any meat. I only want fish and sorbet. I didn't think anything of it but then I just read meat aversion in early pregnancy is common! It has to do with stomach acid imbalance and not hormones so maybe it couldn't be real!

Ugh I'm gonna go crazy before Saturday. 
  • rachel2107rachel2107 member
    edited July 2017
    @Ash_SE that definitely sounds like a symptom to me!!! I have been eating everything the past few days and just can't seem to get a full stomach. Everyone is slightly different in the early stages. I even woke up the past 2 nights at 2/3AM and had to eat before I could get back to sleep. 
  • Hi Ladies!

Time flies... Been crazy busy at work lately.  Do any of you get cramps from estrogen patches?  Or it might be due to a combination of estrogen patches/lupron/baby aspirin.  It's not bloat, but like almost cramps.  I just found out my husband left out lupron last night and we just found out like 5 minutes ago. Oops. Left it out for 24 hours, but it seems to be okay, based on googling. Whew...

Congrats to all the ladies that transferred embryo(s)!

@Prudence9- My RE said the same thing about not caring about embryo grading if they are normal, but I think that's based on the 2014 paper I mentioned.  In that paper, there was no difference, but the number of samples for the 'poor' embryos were low... like 13 or something.  The 2017 paper repeated the study with more samples in the poor quality embryo group, like 150 or something (sorry, can't remember the exact number and too lazy to pull it up).

@Hopeful_mom- Work sucks!  IVF sucks! I hear you!  But I'm glad I have a job to pay for all this.  My work was going slow until like a week ago when things got quite chaotic.  Yikes.  Though it's sad that you have to sit out this month, I think it's good to let your body rest after so many back to back ER.  I'll keep checking on the August FET group to cheer you on! (And I might be joining you there too, since my infertility diagnosis is still unexplained, kinda)

@cscher2- Congrats on a good beta!

@joneser1281- I'm sorry that the first beta wasn't what you had hoped, but I'm praying that the embie is a late bloomer and kicks butt tomorrow!
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Hopeful_momHopeful_mom member
    edited July 2017
    cscher2 thanks for the info.  I would love to stick with where I'm at and everything could just go smoothlyl!!

joneser1281 nice copay! I just spent a $100 on my PIO, insurance does not cover it booooo.  And I mention NY for you as the teachers in NY get IVF coverage.  I pay so much for insurance oop and its ridiculous that I can't get any ivf coverage it MTHFR!!!!  Its silly cause if I had some time on my side I woud've looked for a job that had benefits that included it...always taking it in the ass...that sounded dirty  :D  I went onto the PIAF looking for the girl I'm talking about...I really can't be going over there right now!  People I got preggers around the same time with are giving birth and its starting to sink in more and more each day that I wouldve had my 2 babies...like right now  :'( Famously single what a mess...even though brandi is always entertaining...actually just saw an episode for the new season, I always find the casting so interesting!  Still hoping you're getting good numbers back tomorrow!  Sorry you missed wine night - you'll make up for it another time ;)  Since the pain meds aren't helping maybe I should try a bottle of wine instead, dear lord!!!
    More importantly how is your vag feeling.  All these talk about vag and I'm now having issues...really hope a yeast infection isn't on the way cause something is bothering me  :(:(

@Ash_SE  sounds good to me can't wait till your beta :)

slmurphy12 did you go to the dr how are u feeling?

AFM:  I"m bummed thinking that tomorrow couldve been transfer day as it was suppose to be this weekend but the pain I am in theres no way.  I'm even trying pain med to help and thats not even cutting it  :s  I feel like someone has a transfer tomorrow...I had timing with 2 people in the same zone I think.  Good luck to whoever is up next!!
    TTC since 2014
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)

• @Hopeful_mom I feel a lot better! I got abx! Even tho my cultures came back negative lol so who knows! I have a appt the 16, if it looks go I go to transfer on 17!
  • Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    @joneser1281 good luck and fingers crossed for your beta this morning! I have a good feeling. 

@cscher2 when is your 2nd beta? 

My PIO is cheap too. I think $5? They don't consider it fertility related thankfully. My Lovenox generic was also free yesterday. Thank the lord since my Neupogen isn't and costs me $1100 every 8.5 days and I have to take it every day from CD 6 ( so 3 weeks so far) until at least end of first tri. 

we sold our house 2 weeks ago and the little bit of money we got out of the sale ( we bought in 2007 and lived there for 10 years and basically just got our down payment back ugh) is going to pay for this Expense.  Plus the cost saving of the mortgage and utilities each month is now helpful. We had been paying rent on the new place and mortgage for about 10 months waiting for a sale. 
  • @cashewchicken the embryo that I want to transfer is average, not poor. I will have to read the article again and then maybe forward to my dr. I do have two more that are graded excellent... 

@Ash_SE for me PIO is also super cheap and probably doesn't count as infertility. It's only $10. It's the vivelle that is expensive for FET cycle. 

What is Neupogen for?
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.

• Morning everyone!

@joneser1281 thinking of you today and hoping for a good second beta. 
  • So I am officially off 3 day bed-rest!  Feels good to be back and part of the living world (and man, that shower at the end felt AMAZING!) but honestly, it really wasn't that bad and went by super fast!  I thought I would be so bored, but I really wasn't! I love to read (news, books, etc.) so that took up a ton of time, and watched some really funny movies (The Boss with Melissa McCarthy just makes me laugh out loud) and had a friend over one night, so it helped pass the time.  So back at work today, but still taking it easy (my RE says to still take it easy during the rest of the 2WW -- specifically no exercising and no housework or grocery shopping....I showed that instruction to DH specifically:)  

I have a lot planned this weekend (baby shower, friends coming over for dinner with their baby.....maybe all these babies I'm seeing will sprinkle some dust on me!).  I don't think I have any real symptoms yet (I'm am only 4dp5t), although I've had some very mild cramps (more in my ovaries) since the transfer and a few very quick sharp pains for the past 2 nights (2 on Wed night and 1 last night).  I'm on so much progesterone (2mL and suppositories) that I'm sure that is the cause.   

@joneser1281:  Definitely thinking of you today.....

@cscher2- Yay for your beta!  What a feeling, I'm sure! :)

Me: 41; DH: 45
    Both married for the first time in our 40s; went straight to IVF after multiple fibroid surgeries
    (2/17) ER: #1:  agonist/antagonist protocol: 19 eggs; 8 mature; 13 fertilized; 1 7-day blast (6BA = abnormal/non-viable)
    (4/17) ER: #2: same protocol but stimmed an extra 2 days:  16 eggs; 10 mature (5 more matured in lab); 13 fertilized; 2 6-day blasts (5AA & 6BA) & 2 7-day blasts (6BA & 5BB):  only 1 Day 6 6BA tested normal!  
    FET on 7/10/17
    Beta on 7/21/17:  Negative:(
    (8/17) ER #3:  9 eggs; 6 mature; 3 fertilized; 1 7-day blast (6BA = abnormal/non-viable)
    Developed severe complications (abdominal bleeding) following egg retrieval which required hospitalization, transfusion & emergency surgery.  Done with IVF.
  • @cscher2 congrats on your beta!!
    crazy that you pay so much for PIO! I think that my  insurance doesn't even count it as a drug for infertility. 

As as for the dull needles, I don't use Lovenox but I have the same issue with Lupron. I'm using the 28G 1/2 an inch needle and I really have to push to get it in. I hate it. 

• cscher2 congrats get second beta, lets keep it going :)  Sorry you have the wonky insurance with me that has issue with PIO, its an expensive one $50 for one, so we'll see how much i need once i get there ;)

@joneser1281 thinking of you hoping good news is coming your way!!

angelbea yay welcome back to the living  :D even though I do enjoy some best rest!  I like that you showed your DH the instructions, I"m like that too...not that he listens much.  I get nervous picking up or do anything...those gals that dont even know they're pregnant till after 3 months or something, they truly dont know how lucky they are!!  I get nervous if i sneeze too hard as crazy as that sounds.

cashewchicken sorry ur in the work sux boat!!  Totally agree I need the money to pay for everything too, wish I didn't I've just spent so much that I do need to work for sure so that makes things tougher too.  I need to work BUT cant take these shorter projects that are so stressful so I need to figure something out. When are you scheduled to transfer?  You doing one or two?
    TTC since 2014

• Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    @Prudence9 the Neupogen is for one of my immune related issues. It's supposed to help with recurrent miscarriage . They found I have a rare halotype KIR AA as part of my immune workup. Basically your body is supposed to recognize the embryo as not a virus and not attack it. My makeup is missing some receptors that help that. Also my H was tested and he has some genes that I don't and that is an issue in combo with it. If you google KIR AA , HLA-C and Neupogen and Infertility there are studies on it that explain it way better. 

The generic Lovenox are made by different companies. Winthrop is prescribed at Costco and is known not to be terrible. A yellow box brand is really bad dullness wise. I prefer the brand and once I get a BFP I'll switch back. I have 90 days supply of the brand 40 mg syringes that I got through insurance mail order for cheap ($105 total) but if I get brand through regular pharmacy it's like $450 for 30 of them. But then after the first rounds of 40mg the doc switched me to 60 mg and I needed it right away so I got the generic through Costco for $0 for 30. I'll reorder through mail order and get the brand next week. They measure my Anti XA every couple of weeks so that's why dose changes. I think if they changed the dose the mail order would accept the new script. The 40 MG Lovenox syringes aren't graduated or else I'd use 1.5 of those and those the rest of the leftover to just use what I already have. The 60mg and up are graduated ( I actually use 55 out of the 60 now) so if the dose changes I can still use them. 

Now for the Neupogen I use the Lipton needles and the first batch wasn't bad but this one was terrible. If I don't ice for a long time it hurts so much to push it in. 

The PiO needles have gotten a fair bit better now that H has learned to go fast. But I have holes that aren't really healing up. Is that normal? 
  • Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    @cscher2 did you put in 1 or 2? That is an overachieving 2nd beta!! Maybe 1 split?
  • @Ash_SE We put in 2 so we will see! You can never quite tell if it's twins or not from the beta numbers so I have to wait for a scan and I'm not sure when my clinic does that. 
  • @Ash_SE thanks for the info! How did they find that out? Did the regular immune panel came back with a problem so they sent you to test for that?

ive done a bunch of immune tests: APLS labs (b2gp, ACL ab, LAC) and they all came back normal. I wonder if they can come back normal and I still have this issue for example...

(you see, they haven't found the reason for my m/c)

• Ash_SEAsh_SE member
    edited July 2017
    @prudence9 no you have to request that test specific . It's called the KIR panel. Did you also get your NK cells and TNF-a tested? I posted below a bunch of links to the panels I had done. I couldn't find the link to the KIR genotype test but they do that one as well. The last is a good website about immunology in IF. 
  • @Ash_SE no, I've done none of that!!  So all your regular immune came back normal?