January 2018 Moms

Pregnant Announcement

2»

Re: Pregnant Announcement

• Assuming everything goes well at my first appointment on June 14th we plan to tell my family on Father's Day. The plan so far is to say "ok, let's get a picture of the dads!" (My dad and BIL) And then as they're getting in place have DH get up to join the "photo" but I'll be recording video to catch the reactions. This pregnancy was a total surprise and hasn't really sunk in yet so I'm hoping by then I'll be 8 weeks and actually believe this is real haha.

Not sure what we'll do for DH side yet since most of them will be out of town over Father's Day.  Might just do the same thing if we end up having a belated Father's Day celebration with them. SIL is due in October and we work together so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold off on telling her! She's been really sick so I'm not sure if she'll pick up on any of my symptoms/doctors appointments or be too caught up with her own symptoms to notice. We've thought about telling her and her husband first since we're really close and I could talk to her about things so we might try to schedule a dinner date and just be like "so how do you guys feel about your kiddo having a cousin 3 months apart?" It'll be crazy and fun whatever we end up deciding to do!
  • Ok just updated my username, the other one was a mouthful haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Man, kudos for you guys that are able to hold it in for so long. When I first found out I wanted to wait till fathers day to tell everyone..... my whole family and closest friend knew by mothers day lol. DH and I cant keep it in. We were visiting two very close friends this last weekend who we told. Another friend was coming over we arent as close with. DH and I discussed that we wouldnt tell the friend unless he guessed it (the friend knows im a big drinker and would probably guess it since Im only drinking water). The friend was 5 steps in the door and DH blurted out "kats pregnant!" oyyyyy haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @knottie3adec24c3f25691c - You might have to log out and log back in for it to take effect!

My brother & SIL are also trying, and we're all about having cousins close to eachother.  My closest (in age) cousin is 3.5 months older than me and we're still close.  SIL wanted us to give birth a week apart, but since we found out we're PG on Mother's Day and I haven't heard anything out of them yet I'm guessing that won't be a thing, haha.  They just started treatments in April/May though so there's a good chance we'll both be pregnant soon!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @cyanope Oh no, that's a bummer! It's one of those things where we live down in Kansas, so my aunt knowing isn't too big a deal -- she and my mom got chatting on aunt's birthday, and I'm guessing it came out in the "What's new?"' part of the convo. My mom lives in Nebraska, so I told her (and the rest of the family, who was on speaker phone) that we just didn't want it on Facebook right now. She could tell every person she knows, and it's unlikely to affect me down here. She doesn't tend to get into gossip, though, so I'm not too worried.
  • I'm telling my family this weekend and am nervous!  We are having a joint b-day party for my niece and nephew. I I'm going to wrap up the onsie I purchased and hand to my mom, telling her it's a late mother's day gift.  

My poor BF is probably more nervous than me!  My story:  I'm 39, he's 34. I'm divorced with two kids from my marriage (13 and 10). So this will be a shock to the family! Especially b/c we don't live in the same town (1 1/2 hr apart), and I will eventually move to his town (which is actually closer to my parents!) once my kids are older (oldest graduates in 5 years).  So yea- it's kinda messy.  My mom will probably freak out (she's a control freak about money, etc).  But we decided that even though our relationship isn't perfect (distance), we love each other and want to have a family together! We'll make it work!  Sorry to ramble.. but that's my story :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2017
    @pregnant_af  Our first child died of complications from CHARGE syndrome when he was three weeks old. Our geneticist says there is a 1-3% chance of recurrence caused by germline mosaicism, and she recommends we get genetic testing for this pregnancy and all future pregnancies.

Are you due in January too, @pregnant_af? It would be so cool to go through pregnancy with someone who understands CHARGE! I've actually never met another CHARGE mom. I know plenty of other HLHS moms now, but no CHARGE moms.  I see that your comment above is the first comment you ever made on the bump, so maybe you're not due when we are.  But I hope so! 
  • gulimzgulimz member
    edited June 2017
    I don't announce until about 20 weeks

Wow I typed a bunch of stuff but only the above posted.  Good ol' TB . Hasn't changed much

And it continues not to post. 
  • @PleaseSendPicklesNow Yes I'm due 1/21/2018. I have just been lurking and haven't posted in intros thread yet. 

My oldest is 8 and has Charge. I have 2 other kids born without diagnosis. FX we both have beautiful healthy babies. 
  • @pregnant_af Welcome! It's really nice to meet someone who understands CHARGE. I have a million questions.

Has he had heart surgery or a trach or g-tube? Our little guy had HLHS, and he had open heart surgery when he was five days old. If he survived, he would've needed a trach and g-tube to go home. How is your son's hearing? And vision? Does he walk? I wonder all the time about how our son would be doing with those things if he was here. Does your son have choanal atresia? Our son did, but only on his right side. Is your son's diagnosis clinical, or based on a genetic test? Do you worry about germline mosaicism? Did your geneticist recommend genetic testing for future pregnancies?

Ahh, so many questions! :) I'm so glad to meet you.