January 2018 Moms

Anyone worn pregnancy shapewear?

Has anyone tried any of the pregnancy shape wear out there?  I'm getting married next month.  Being a STM I know I'll have a small noticeable belly by then. I have a short form fitting dress (ordered two weeks before my BFP).  I see there's mama spanx and Bella-something or other.  I just want something to smooth the bloat without smushing my growing peanut.

Re: Anyone worn pregnancy shapewear?

• I wore some sort of spandex shorts/ tummy cover in my first pregnancy. They helped everything feel tight and also helped with the thigh chafing later in pregnancy. Only problem is I think it would be hot in warm weather. But not sure how you'd get any other belly band to stay put without the shorts?
  • AnyMaxAnyMax member
    I wore the Motherhood brand for my maternity photos with DD. The tummy panel was cut a little differently so that it wasn't as squishing, but it still smoothed things out nicely. 

• Loading the player...
  • I wore the motherhood brand to a wedding at 34 weeks pregnant.    It smoothed out all the lumps and bumps nicely and I could still breath.  
  • I've always just worn my Spanx up until the third tri. By then it's too uncomfortable.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wore regular shape wear during my first pregnancy with any form fitting dresses to smoothen out any bumps and lumps but I never tried the actual maternity ones. My belly would get itchy and sweaty in the heat though. Maybe the maternity ones won't because the fabric around the belly is thinner? If i were you I'd still invest in some shapewear though, it's your wedding! Make sure you feel good about the way you look!