November 2017 Moms

Weekly randoms 30 May

Re: Weekly randoms 30 May

• @jess0211 I grew up there but I've been living in the heat for a few years so I think it's going to be a shock to me! 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    edited June 2017
    K can't remember which thread we were talking about cake smashes in. BUT I just saw a shoot that a woman did for her daughters 1st birthday.  They gave the baby a giant watermelon slice and a tutu that was pink and green and just an entire watermelon theme, because she is "one in a melon" 
    SO cute  oh dear.

• Loading the player...
  • @bcashaw so cute! I love them for babies, too creepy when adults do it for themselves lol

• @amber0529 I took Makena during my last pregnancy and I will be taking it again with this pregnancy. With my insurance and my history, mine is covered 100% with no copay, so my opinion might not be a very fair. The injections are uncomfortable and annoying to do, but I truly believe they helped my pregnancy with DS3 go to term (I had many pregnancy complications, but finally delivered a day past my due date) after a preterm delivery with DS2 and me starting to dilate early with DS1. If it hadn't been covered, I still would've found a way to get it. I know @av2323 has had insurance issues so she might have more info for that. What you decide completely up to you, of course! And good luck with your decision, I know how challenging these choices can be. 
  • DH is trying to put DS to bed. For his entire 2 1/2 years this has been my job if I'm home. He told me to go take a bath, which was a sweet gesture. But DS is overtired and fighting it big time. I can hear him screaming through the monitor and I just can't relax in the bath because 1) he keeps calling for me and 2) I keep expecting to be called in at any moment because DH gives up
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I do have a hard time with the food wastage aspect of cake smashes. 
  • Lol @BayCamp that accurately describes most of my nights. 
  • Ugh.  SO just lost his job.  He starts a new job in a week, but his job was notorious for letting people go early as soon as they give their notice.  He had it all planned out so he wouldn't be let go early...but the new job must have called for job verification because they let him go early anyway.  He's super bummed about it.  It was an awful job but still.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm sorry, @mariposa_767s. At least he has a new job to start soon though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @mariposa_767s that is my current biggest fear. DH gives his notice in a couple weeks and I'm so afraid they'll just tell him bye. I don't understand why companies do that. It just screws over people trying to do the right thing. 

Sorry they let him go early :-( 
  • I feel very anxious today and it's driving me nuts. I think it has to do with waking up super early for my dr appt, them running late and then convincing me to still do bloodwork after, then having to SPRINT to work to catch a bus taking us to our volunteer place, AND being leader of said volunteer event which was stressful in itself. I don't know many people at work and I felt like they all thought I was being weird when all I wanted was a group photo because I was asked for one and roll call on the bus to make sure no one was left behind. I have a headache behind my left eye and just took my lunch hour at work but I still feel CRAZY.

I'm ready to go home but haven't even done any actual work yet. Oy.

• I am so behind on TB posts today. Our computers went through a major upgrade at work and I had no access most of the day. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mariposa_767s  I'm sorry that happened to him! My last boss at the daycare did that to me and it screwed me up so bad. I was doing the right thing and gave her a 2 week notice, came in the next morning and she told me she didn't need me anymore. I was sad that I didn't get to say goodbye to my babies and their parents except for a couple parents that I gave advanced notice that I was getting another job because they were pulling their kids out when I left.
  • @dragonfly87-2 I don't think you're crazy, I think that's very mature. You're both with different people now and having children and high school was a while ago. It's great you can look past when you were adolescents and be friends now. 

• @mariposa_767s that is super lame.  Glad he has another job but still a crappy feeling. 
    On a related note I found out my team at work is being eliminated.  They are creating a new team and posting new jobs that we can apply for but they are at new locations might have different hours and it isn't guaranteed that we get them.  I have a ton of leave that was going to cover my maternity leave so it sucks to think I might lose that.  Fx that I get one of those new positions.     
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited June 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge I see no problem with it, I think DH just finds it odd. After all, he broke up with her (on good terms), but partly because he wanted to date me (real mature in HS). It has been 14 years....so I say let bygones be bygones.

• @dragonfly87-2 making friends as an adult is hard. Making friends that you can stand that have children close in age to yours is hard. 
    I don't think it's weird at all if you guys get along well then run with it!
  • @dragonfly87-2  I also have very few friends and it does sometimes feel sort of lonely. I've now been trying to broaden my friend group so I would not turn down a friend for reasons that aren't my own! 
  • @dragonfly87-2 I would be best friends with my exes wife if we were around each other more. We didn't end on good terms but that was over 6 years ago. We are fine with each other now, we just live in different states so we don't see each other. Finding adult friends is hard, and I would definitely try out a playdate!
  • I have a question. Does anyone actually enjoy having people over when you first get home from the hospital? I mean, I had my mom and a few close friends who were there taking care of me and that was great. But drive-bys, even people who I liked and who brought me food, tended to stress me out. 

I'm asking this because we planned to wait a little while before going to visit my SIL and her new baby, but my MIL is wanting us to come like right this second. She is insisting that's what SIL wants too.

But they haven't even gotten home from the hospital yet, so I want to give them space to settle in at home. Things are different when you're not surrounded by medical professionals and when it's your own space being invaded by visitors. Plus I'm trying to set the mood for when I don't want visitors in November. 

But I'm asking this because I don't want my SIL to be offended that we didn't come sooner. We are friends, but not super close so I don't know if she would tell me if she would rather have the space. Most people prefer space right? 
  • @ooodalollly with my son I think I thought I wanted people there, if that makes sense. And looking back I think I was crazy, or just still on a birth high. This go around I definitely don't. We literally had 15 family members over to watch football when he was less than 12 hours old. It was stupid. 
  • @BayCamp I would've lost my mind. When you thought you wanted guests, would it have hurt your feelings if a close family member(s) declined? Or would you have been relieved even then?
  • @ooodalollly I would probably go since she asked. She may discover she also prefers no guests, but I would still be super sensitive to the fact that I asked and someone in my family turned it down. It would feel personal :/ plus if she genuinely doesn't mind guests, you might upset her that way too. 

• @ooodalollly I would go and visit, but be really conscious of her mood. If she seems stressed, etc, then I would make a quick exit. Bring food and don't plan to stay long. 

I'm weird and really appreciated people visiting. I was nervous to take my first one out much since she was a winter baby and DH went back to work the next day. Any visitors to bring me food, hold the baby while I showered, wipe down my kitchen counters for me were very much appreciated. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @ooodalollly Agreed with Baycamp. I thought I wanted people there but looking back I didn't. Too many people too soon. My mom was so helpful so she can come. Definitely bring food! 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Random question,  not sure where to post but I was talking to my ob about working out and he said I should keep my HR under 120. I had been reading up to 140 is fine. I barely  break a sweat at 120. Anyone else been told this?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks guys. We will probably give her a few days home at least and then proceed cautiously, especially with our toddler coming along. I always bring food and come ready to help when visiting new moms so hopefully we won't be too annoying. 

@jess0211 I've read things about HR limits but my doctor never mentioned a specific. He said whatever I was doing before I could continue doing as long as I wasn't getting too out of breath. 
  • @jess0211 I was told to just continue doing what I was doing I wasn't told anything about my HR 
  • av2323av2323 member
    @amber0529  I was prescribed Makena and when they called me I was quoted $3600 out of pocket.  I cried and cried and basically decided I would have to chance a preterm baby because paying $5000 for the maternity care plus another $3600 for medicine just wasn't in the cards for us.  I called Makena care, gave them some basic information and was able to get a grant to cover the large out of pocket costs.  I now pay $75 each shipment so my true out of pocket for the Makena is going to be about $300.  It is worth calling Makena Care.  They made it so easy and even handled the billing aspect with the pharmacy for me.  If you have any specific questions I will certainly try to help.  I go for my first injection today.
  • @jess0211 120--wow. Mine didn't give me a hr limit at all, just told me I should be fine still doing what I'm used to.  I try to keep it moderate and not get so out of breath I couldn't carry on a conversation. Do you have anything that makes you higher risk?  If not, I think it would be worth it to ask them more about why they recommended 120. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 my OB said to keep my heart rate under 120 which for me is impossible. My last pregnancy I was doing crossfit. My OB was personally against crossfit but he told me to just keep the weights low and not to over exert myself. My coach at crossfit watched me carefully and told me to keep my heart rate down but my OB did not.

I'm following doctor's orders only because I'm terrified of another MC. Yes, I know working out does not cause a MC but .... knowing this will be my last pregnancy, I'm being pretty strict with following doctor's orders. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ooodalollly I don't think I would be upset, but I'm sure she would understand if you sent her a message saying you were going to give her a few days to settle in but that you'll be there right away if she needs you. 
  • @angkay711 wow that really sucks.  I hope you're able to keep your leave and can secure one of the new positions.  Part of me understands the business side of things, but the human side of me thinks of the people and families these things affect.  I think I would balance it better tbh.  Employees are people too.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @av2323 I do have a question! I'm going to PM you, thank you!