January 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/29-6/2

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/29-6/2

• Oh hey, does anyone have a good YouTube recommendation for easy pregnancy yoga? I'm going to go read through the exercise thread again but I have started walking more and I want to add some simple yoga to my routine. 
  • edited June 2017
    I am gaining weight too fast and it's pissing me off. We're talking 3 pounds a week right now. I had decided to stop tracking my food intake during pregnancy but keep up my general tracking habits in order. And while I know my calorie intake is up from where it was when I was maintaining my weight, it's certainly not up 12,000 calories per week.  :s

So anyway, I'm about to go back to counting my calories to keep at my maintainence level, which I am not thrilled about. It uses up so much mental energy and I am exhausted with a new job and this whole pregnancy thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • @scatteringashes ive been a little frustrated with the quick and excess weight gain as well. I know it's my own fault, I'm not watching my intake and I'm not exercising, but by the time I get home from work I'm just so tired!
  • I definitely gained 3 lbs this week but from the various apps I use, it said that's normal for week 8 given what's going on with baby and growing boobs. I gained a lot of weight with DD and I wasn't eating terribly at that time so it may just be something that's going to happen for me. We'll see.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @averee12 I am an expert with the at home doppler! I was able to find it this go around at 8 weeks 2 days... but with a lot of experience and patience (took ~45 minutes). Now at 9 weeks (yesterday), I am able to find it relatively easily. That said, your ability to find it prior to ~12 weeks+ has a lot to do with your weight and even more so the angle of your uterus and the positioning of the placenta. Have you been pregnant before and used one? If not, and you do not know the precise sound for which you are listening, I would suggest watching online videos and listening to the sound. I found some good ones on YouTube re: finding it early. The sound is so faint this early that you cannot trust the doppler to show the correct heart rate, as other sounds dominate. That said, I did ever so shortly get it to show the number yesterday, 162 BPM! If I had not used the doppler with Emily, I would not know I expected to hear! Also, I would caution this: do not EXPECT to hear it until 12 weeks. That is, if you know yourself and are going to really lose it if you do not hear it, it might be best to wait. Also, do not do it when you are in a rush. Make sure you have time because it can take a while. And use lots and lots and lots of gel. PS Aloe Vera gel works just as well as the actual gel that comes with the doppler! Hope that helps! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Thanks, @KatieEl, @burnsmommy27, @sjb2215, @mdfarmchick, and @zamora_spin! You ladies are making me blush!
    Yes, your layout does sound a lot like mine, @zamora_spin! Two bedrooms on top, one on the bottom and 3.5 bathrooms. It's such a weird design, but we loved the area and bought it when we didn't have any kids. Plus, we weren't planning on having a second baby so soon (we were kind of hoping to move into a bigger place before then), but oh well! We'll make it work. 
  • Ps, @cyanope I love your daughter's name; Wren is such a great name. 
  • Thanks again, @mdfarmchick! It fits her perfectly too. She's such a tiny little thing, so we've called her our "Little Bird" from day one. DH and I always say that we will never find a girl's name that we like as much as Wren, so we better have all boys from here on out! It's definitely a "different" name, and not for everybody, but we love it. And I will say that people are always surprised when they hear her name for the first time, but after an initial pause, the reactions are always really positive (except for one student who still gives me a hard time about her name...her reaction was, "WHY would you name your daughter that?!?"). 
  • @cyanope We also love our neighborhood - the only place in our city where there are excellent public schools (until high school, but that's another story), and that is close to downtown (we live less than 10 minutes from work). I love our house and we did know going in that our eventual goal of having two kids would be interesting with the configuration. We figure there's a decent chance that we'll end up with either two boys or two girls in which case they can just share the one room (it's quite big) for a long time. Otherwise we'll have to figure something out. 

@scatteringashes I feel like some of that weight gain could just be bloat. I've tried to stick with my calorie counting but have set my App to just maintain because I can't really be trusted to make the right decisions without some accountability. Sad. 
  • A bit late, but I'm hopping on the @cyanope party planning fan club train! SOOO cute! You really have an eye for detail, and obviously a lot of patience. I'm impressed!
  • @EmilyLove25 wow thank you for all the info! I am pretty thin, but have no idea if my uterus is angled differently or not?! I have never been pregnant before and have never used one at home. I am totally new to this. My mom got so excited that she ordered us one right after I told her. I am only 7 weeks 3 days today so will wait for now, but I will start watching some videos so I do know what to listen for! I don't think I would be concerned if I couldn't find it but probably a tad frustrated haha. I am so eager to hear it. I know baby is great and growing well but just cannot wait to hear that little heartbeat! Also thanks for the tip on the aloe, I have heard that before but wasn't sure if it was actually true! 
  • I'm glad I'm not alone in this boat, lol.

@zamora_spin I feel your pain. I've talked to aml lot of people and I just don't have the sme food impulses as a lot of people who are able to maintain their weight instinctively. My hunger and satiety and eat cues are all messed right up. I'm still learning how to maintain my weight. I am hoping some of it is bloat and water retention, but I'd hoped that last week too, lol. 

@missblaze I haven't seen much data on what normal weight gain ought to look like. I know its not going to be linear, but I wouldn't have expected so much early on. I appreciate hearing that it might be normal to put on more weight at certain points. (I'm closing out week 7 here.)

@TInman87 The exercise struggle is real. I love walking, but between work and the pregnancy, I am beat.
  • @cyanope that's straight out of a sitcom   :D
  • Got all of my test results back from my first prenatal appointment and everything is great except I have a freaking bladder infection. I had no clue! So now I'm on antibiotics twice a day for the next 5 days and then they'll retest at my next appointment. Blaaaaaaah.
  • I got a message from DHs aunt last night telling me to "make sure" I wish her mother (DHs Grandmother) a happy birthday today.
    #1- I have a mother, tyvm. I don't need you to tell me who and when to wish a happy birthday.
    #2- 12:30am is an inappropriate time to send a Facebook message to your nephews pregnant wife. I haven't even seen her since our wedding 5 yrs ago and we don't ever speak! I've met her twice! WTF!
    BabyFruit Ticker