January 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/29-6/2

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/29-6/2

• Options
    LemmyRNLemmyRN member
    Was loving avocado for 3 days in a row and today it just sounds gross. Food aversions are trying to kick in  :/

• Options
    All the food that I had been loving (cuties, apples, salad) sounds awful to me. Now I'm on to grapes, bananas and kiwi. I need a nap zzzzzz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so excited! We bought a bunch of fruit today and after I ate it was the first time in 3 days I haven't felt nauseous! It's been a glorious few hours.

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• Options
    I deserve a medal... we drove back from Cali today and I didn't make us stop for a bathroom because I really wanted to get home. Haha. I'm drinking a gallon of water now to make up for it. 
  • Options
    @katmarie13 I'm so glad it turned out positively! (Side note: I can relate. I'm 36 and still get parental lectures....)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    EagsEags member
    @mrs_llt carbs all around here too! This is my 3rd pregnancy and so far, all I want are carbs. No fruit, no veggies, no dairy, and certainly no meat (and I'm not normally a vegetarian). It's hard to set a good example for our 4 yr old when all I want is rice or chips...
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    @katmarie13 so glad it turned out okay!!! Parents really can be the best :)
  • Options
    @katmarie13 that's great! So glad everything went better than anticipated. 

Carbs are all the rage over here too. Pasta and bread are really the only things that calm my stomach down.
  • Options

@AdaliaAngel  Congrats on the few glorious hours! It’s the little victories lol!

@katmarie13  Yay! That is so great they are supportive—makes all the difference! 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @EmilyLove25 how exciting! I'm all about that unexpected move lol! Fingers crossed it's all smooth sailing for you!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @mrs_llt Me too! I managed a pizza bun for dinner last night. I am going with the flow for now...appetite should be better by 16 weeks from what I have read, if it continues past there I'll worry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Since June 2, 2012 Bookworm, Librarian, Wife

- Concieved Through IVF and PGD to screen out genetic disorder (Neurofibromatosis 1)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    Awesome news, @EmilyLove25!
    @mdfarmchick, I don't want to resurrect the zombie weekend thread, but want to hear ALL about your trip to SD!! Where did you go? What did you see? Where did you eat? What did you love? Hate? Give me the details! 
  • Options
    @katmarie13 So glad your parents were not only supportive but excited! I'm sure it feels so good after you thought it might go differently.

@EmilyLove25 That's awesome on the new house! It can be HARD to find one that really works good. Hope it all goes well! 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 - that's awesome! Fingers crossed for a smooth process!
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @cyanope ooooh! I love a good party. Details please!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 congratulations! That's awesome!
  • Options
    @cyanope I think we fell in love with San Diego! We decided to push the zoo off to the next trip ((thinking in the fall actually!!)) when DS is better at not running off and we don't have to try to contain him in a stroller for the whole day. Plus we decided to do this so last minute that I would feel better having some time to plan it. We drove down Thursday night and got into Point Loma super late. So Friday we just wanted to relax. We slept in and then drove over to the beach on North Island and spent the afternoon there. It was fantastic... the sun came out and we had a blast on the beach. 68' is not a bad beach day there! Then we headed over to Liberty Station for dinner--I had good intentions about checking out the meatballs but the little bean wanted pizza so we tried Sammy's Pizza--it was really good. Then we wandered around the courtyard there until almost sunset and drove over to watch the sunset over the harbor. Saturday we decided to go to the USS Midway. It was decked out for Memorial Day and had some great views. DH was pretty happy that I wanted to go because he knows that's not really my favorite, but it was fun. DS enjoyed it too. We were going to walk around the harbor area afterwards but DS was so ready for a nap so we drove over to the Navy mall and did some shopping. Then we headed back over to the beach on North Island to watch the sunset... Absolutely gorgeous. We debated our plans for Sunday but finally settled on La Jolla and the seals and sea lions. I found a parking garage and we walked from the Cove up to Children's Beach. I loved it there. We didn't time it right to do the tide pools... but now we have to come back. We had lunch at Duke's--it's a favorite of mine. We've eaten at the one in Huntington Beach too. Then we headed back to the pool and the beach on North Island--it's easier with DS because it's less crowded. Then yesterday morning we went down to Seaport Village and the Embarcadero and wandered all over, had ice cream and bought some touristy souvenirs. We were going to head over to Cabrillo National Monument but the weather didn't seem too great for it. I'm trying to figure out when we can spend another long weekend down there this fall to do the tide pools and the zoo and the beach again! Thanks for all the suggestions! Four days is definitely not enough time. But I loved your city. It just bumped out Boston and Charleston for favorite cities. 
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    Yay, @mdfarmchick! I know I'm totally bias, so I love hearing from either people that they love it too. It really is such a lovely city. You'll definitely have to come back to see all of the places you missed. There's more recommendations where those ones came from, so let me know if/when you're heading back and I'll arm you with some more! La Jolla cove is my absolute favorite, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. You lucked out getting a spot so easily! The weather was uncharacteristically icky this weekend, but I'm happy you didn't let it ruin the experience. I love cloudy days, but I know most people expect warm sunshine when they come to SD. And you're welcome for the suggestions! I'm glad they were helpful!
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    @KatieEl, I'll post a picture or two once I upload them, but the theme was "Let the Adventure Begin." It had an outdoor/camping vibe...and let's just say there was a teepee involved. 
  • Options
    @cyanope DH was like, hmm Naval exchange?? Lol! We spent three years in England--I've learned that you can't let the clouds stop you. Maybe when we go back in the fall it will be less creepy to meet up for dinner.  :) Honestly it was over 100' when we left home so 68-70' was perfect! 
  • Options
    @katmarie13 yay for things going so well. I'm sure it was such a good surprise.

@EmilyLove25 that's amazing. More room and a big yard, sounds perfect. Good luck on the process and moving. 
  • Options
    I just got my blood test results. I was only five weeks when they were taken and my hcg level was 1,051 is that normal? 
  • Options
    @cyanope Hi, are you free to do the planning/decorating for every single party I throw in the next 10 years? PLEASE! But seriously, your decorations are AMAZING. Too cute. Love. Can't wait to see your nursery! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    Thanks, @EmilyLove25! My sister, Mom, and I always talk about putting together a party-planning business, but our careers keep us pretty busy, so maybe in the future! We love to do it in our spare time though. I'm pretty sure my mom has orchestrated over 100 weddings over the years. Plus, my sister is an amazing artist and so insanely creative. 
    This baby will be in our room for probably the first year, and then share a room with DD after that (our third bedroom is on the bottom floor, and we're on the third floor, so that bedroom is kind of a waste!). DD's nursery is already decked out, so if this one is a boy, we'll incorporate some "boy" stuff in there too. I wish I had an entire nursery to decorate again, though. It was so much fun with DD!
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    @EmilyLove25 We're in the same boat. (Well, except we planned ours, lol). We were trying to close yesterday, but stupid underwriting flagged something so now we're pushed back a week  :| It was not this hard to buy our first house!
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @cyanope gorgeous! what a darling shower theme!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @cyanope I think you and your family would make a killing as party planners. That shower looked very professional. 
  • Options
    @cyanope love the shower decorations!
    @EmilyLove25 congrats on the new house!
    @Eags Hope everything comes together quickly for your closing

Went to Victoria's secret after work today and already went up a cup size. Wondering if my pre-pregnancy size was off. Has anyone else noticed a big change in bra size yet?
  • Options
    Wow @cyanope next time I need to plan a party, I'm hitting you up with a theme and decorating ideas. And I agree... you could probably make a killing at it!
  • Options
    @cyanope Those pics are amazing! My sister's shower (which my mom and I are throwing) is in a couple weeks. We have baby shower bingo, do you have any other games you find people don't hate? I'm told the games are a must :) Also, we must have a similar home layout - our house main floor is the living room, dining and kitchen, upstairs two bedrooms including master, then an additional basement bedroom. I really wish whoever designed it had split our giant master into two bedrooms and made the other bedroom into a somewhat smaller master. We have 3.5 bathrooms in our 3 bedroom house... so weird. 
  • Options
    @sjb2215 I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow...I haven't tried on/gone up a size yet but button ups aren't fitting so great in that region and DH swears they're bigger. (Not exactly what I want, especially this soon.)

But then again, there's that statistic about how an awful lot of women are wearing the wrong bra size anyway?
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Rant incoming:
    DS is killing me on sleep this week. We're at the beach and my parents found a house, so there's 6 adults (parents, 2 sisters, BIL, and me) plus DS. DH couldn't get time off. Anyway DS can levitate out of the Pack & Play at will so I'm not bothering with it. The arrangement that made the most sense was me in the room with a trundle bed for DS.
    So I'm sharing a room with him, and he keeps waking up at first light, like 5:15, 5:30. Which is not fking happening for me. And on the other end he's refusing to go to sleep at a reasonable time and keeps popping down the stairs all proud of himself. It's burning me out completely.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    I heard a loud banging against my house and immediately thought someone was trying to break in so I tiptoed around to investigate while terrified. My husband isn't home so I tend to panic easily and think worst case scenario. Anywho, then all of a sudden it starts pouring down raining and gets super windy and I heard my doorbell ring. I tiptoed to the door once again and it's my neighbor saying her kid's tent blew into my backyard. I take it that's what hit the side of my house. Freaked me out! 
  • Options
    Hope this is okay to ask here... Does anyone know when I will be able to hear baby's heartbeat with an at home doppler?! I've never used one before and can't ask my girlfriend's that have used them because nobody knows I'm pregnant yet!
  • Options
    @averee12 I'm like 99% sure it's not til like... 9 weeks? At the earliest.

I texted my eldest sister about my moms less than favorable reaction when I brought up a sprinkle ("Well, we didn't do that for your sister...") and now she wants to throw me a Harry Potter themed sprinkle! I'm giddy.
    BabyFruit Ticker