December 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change Memorial Day Weekend

Yay we've made it another week.. And now even to a three day weekend 

1. How far along are you? 
2. Do you have a sex, ultrasound, bump or name yet? 
3. For those who have made it to the promised land of second trimester what is it like? 
4. Have you announced? 
5. What are your plans for this memorial day weekend? 
6. Any friends or family you will be especially remembering this memorial day? 

Re: Saturday Ticker Change Memorial Day Weekend

• 1. How far along are you?
    10 weeks. Yay double digits. 

None of the above.

3. For those who have made it to the promised land of second trimester what is it like?
    n/a

4. Have you announced?
    Only my mom, my cousin who is like my BFF, and my SIL/bro in law know. Waiting until after Father's Day, when I will be in my 2nd tri, to tell others.

5. What are your plans for this memorial day weekend? '
    Nothing too exciting/fun. Cleaning and packing today. Realtor is coming over to see if we're ready to list/tell us what else we need to do. I also have a lot to do for the end of the school year.

I don't know anyone who has died in service personally. But I'll be thinking of my uncle and Grandpa who both served (and have since passed).
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Loading the player...
    I'm 10 weeks too! Lots of 10 weekers posting so far!
    I've actually had 3 ultrasounds already, but the first one was too early to see much at all and the second one we found out we were having twins! The last one was on Monday and both babies were growing at the right rate and had strong heartbeats. We have one girl's name picked out and are leaning strongly toward a boy's name, but not sure what we're going to do if we have 2 girls or 2 boys!
    Not quite there yet, just hoping these next few weeks fly by!
    4. Have you announced? 
    We've told our immediate family and close friends and we've each told a small number of people who we trust at work, but we haven't made any sort of public/social media announcement yet. We were going to wait longer to tell people, but when we found out it was twins we just couldn't hold it in!
    5. What are your plans for this Memorial Day weekend? 
    Nothing too crazy. We're going to a game night at our friends' house tonight which I'm sure will be fun.
    6. Any friends or family you will be especially remembering this Memorial Day? 
    Thankfully, I haven't lost anyone, but both my grandfathers served in WWII, so I'll be thinking of them.
    9 weeks

Last U/S was during week 6. Nothing else.

Not me!

4. Have you announced?

My mom and all of my siblings/BIL know. We'll be telling DH's parents and sisters next weekend when we see them. We wanted to tell some more of DH's family when we visit again in July but I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long before announcing to the world. I also need to find a time to tell my two best friends who are like sisters.

Today my family is going to the coast to go ziplining (though DH and I will be occupying ourselves elsewhere). My dad was a tugboat captain and he passed away last year. He now has a plaque on the maritime memorial, so we're going to go see it (they do a ceremony every Memorial Day, but we're just going to see it today instead).

Well, my dad because of the plaque, but he doesn't actually fit the meaning behind Memorial Day.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • rubyrose_0919rubyrose_0919 member
    edited May 2017
    Made it another week!! Thanks for getting us started @jackiesmom324

Congrats on double digits @moonlady-2 @Kirss @leilagphillips

11 weeks - lime! (That seems big all of the sudden!)

We are team green, as the sex doesn't matter to us or control our purchases, etc. We have a girl name, but no boy name yet! A few great U/S pics from last week, and no bump yet!

I feel like I have been living in the first trimesters last stand, as this has been the worst week yet for me - a few episodes of vomiting, nausea everyday, sore boobs, exhausted, crabby, hungry but don't want anything, etc. Can't wait for 2nd tri relief!!

4. Have you announced? 
    No. Will tell work next week and will announce after our next ultrasound on June 9th.

I'm Canadian, so it's not a holiday or long weekend here! Our version of Memorial Day is called Remembrance Day and it's in November.

A few family members have served, and since passed that we pay respects to in November. Most Canadians wear poppies on their coats during the month of November, as a symbol of their appreciation to all service members. 

Happy Memorial Day, American friends! Hope you all get lots of good family time in, and a little extra time to rest and relax!
    9 weeks - babies are the size of cherries
    I call them the little guys or the nuggets, but I won't make a name for my belly or anything 
    N/A
    4. Have you announced? 
    Not officially, but my husband has the biggest mouth, and basically EVERYONE knows. I don't mind. We'll probably do a post on insta/Facebook around week 13 to let all the peeps know :)
    This weekend is pretty busy. We had a birthday party last night, I've got a wedding today (I've excused my husband, because this wedding is going to suuuuuck and I don't want to listen to him complain all day), and a festival tomorrow in Napa. I usually drink hella wine at this festival, but alas, this year I will just be eating everything and enjoying the music and sunshine.  Monday I plan to nap allllllll day. 
    Thankfully, no. I have many friends and family members who have served, but none of them died in battle. 

Happy Memorial Day!  Everyone eat a ton of delicious foods in celebration!
  • @breezybee I think it's really cute that you call them the nuggets. When we thought there was only one we'd been calling it Ziggy (short for zygote), so since we learned there were two we've switched to calling them the zigzags / zig and zag  :smile:
  • @leilagphillips haha that's perfect! Zigzags lol
  • Happy Memorial Day weekend!

12w
    We got our NIPT results back the other day and it's a boy! Also had the NT scan and everything looked good on the scan (still waiting on the combined results). No name yet. 
    I don't know if I'm there yet but after the NT scan the doctor told me that I can consider myself to be in second tri, risk-wise. The most beautiful music to this PGAL's ears. 
    4. Have you announced? 
    Just to our parents and my best friends. I don't know if we will post an announcement but we will start telling the rest of our friends and family at 14 weeks.
    We went on a hike upstate this morning (which resulted in me getting a tick bite + phone calls to my doctors + ultimately finding out that we removed it quickly enough that there is no risk of Lyme disease- whew!) 
    I don't have any friends or family that have served, but I will be thinking of those that have sacrificed their lives for our country.

11 weeks

We have lots of ultrasounds lol, 6 weeks, 7 weeks, 9 weeks. No names yet though.

Not quite there but in much more tired this pregnancy than my 1st

4. Have you announced? 
    To our family and close friends, going to publicly announce on Wednesday after our next ultrasound 

Absolutely no plans

Luckily none passed during their service but I will be thinking of my family member and friends who have served or are still serving
  • 1. How far along are you? 13 weeks
    Had an ultrasound at 10ish weeks and definitely think there's a little bump happening, but nothing else yet. 
    I'm not considering myself there until next week. I can tell I'm a little less tired, but I'm still having a fair bit of nausea.
    4. Have you announced? 
    We have told some of our local family, but are waiting to tell my cross-country relatives in person in two weeks. After then we'll officially announce to everyone else.
    I'm working :neutral:
    mostly my grandfather and my grandmother-in-law. Both served, although neither died in service.
  • jackiesmom324jackiesmom324 member
    edited May 2017
    1. How far along are you? 9 weeks exactly 
    none of these we have a name but only hubby and I use it as we don't want to jinx. First we were calling baby Fishtown as a joke (random name of a city that came up) but I told my husband on Tuesday when we found out baby still had a heartbeat (even after the SCH) that the lil fighter bb at least deserved a non joke name (even if it would hurt more if things didn't work out) 
    not there yet 

4. Have you announced? 
    found out that my boss announced for me at work which is super awkward to get congrats and be like omg my family/bffs do not even know. But I guess they had to give a reason why I needed my shifts covered this weekend. I'm still in my feelings about it though. 

I'm on bed rest so my goal is literally to move as little as possible while trying to get as much work from home done as I can.. I really wish I never started coughing because I feel as through coughing is probably worse than walking for a bleed 

we have family in the military that I'll be thinking of today.. I'll also be thinking of those who are serving abroad right now especially those serving under fire circumstances. I'm also thinking of those women in the military who gave faced extra obstacles 

Edited: ugh I write so stream of conscious.. I at least edited some typos 
  • @jackiesmom324 I would be absolutely furious if my boss announced to the people I worked with without my permission. I told my boss already because I wanted her to be aware I was going to be having a lot more doctor appointments and in case I started acting weird/emotional, but I specifically asked her not to tell anyone (I told her there was one other person who knew, so she could discuss it with her). She assured me she wouldn't bring it up with anyone, including our Manager or Sr. Manager, and I trust that she'll keep that promise. I also know that at my company it would actually be an HR violation if she did share that information, so if your work place has an HR office, it might be worth checking with them.  
  • @barrbaby-2 thank you, it was! Just a couple of weeks until you hear those words!
  • @jackiesmom324 I agree with @leilagphillips. That would be an HR violation. All he/she needed to say was that you would be out due to a medical issue. I would be pissed. 

11+1 with twins 

No sex, several ultrasounds, but I think I see a little bit of growth down there when I'm naked LOL. Not quite sold on names yet. 

N/A

4. Have you announced? 
    Close family and some friends know. 

NOTHING! Sleep and hopefully keeping food down. 

No one passed away in service, but my dad and a cousin have served. 
    10 weeks
    No sex. No new ultrasound. Names are a work in progress. This is my second baby and I have a little bump, although DH and I would only be the ones that think so.
     not there yet!
    4. Have you announced? 
    most of my close friends and family knows. And many coworkers know too. I'm waiting a couple more weeks to announce to the public.
    moving... bleh. 
    I don't personally know anyone who passed in the line of duty but will be remembering all of the men & women who have made that sacrifice.
    13 weeks! +3 since I'm so late posting this  :)
    We've had a few ultrasounds (due to some early complications), and should get our NIPT test results late this week with the gender!  I'm dying to find out and keep obsessively checking my email for the results
    I'm not considering it second tri until 14 weeks, but am definitely doing better than a few weeks ago. However, I'm still much more tired and emotional than I hoped to be at this point. Here's hoping Saturday is a turning point!
    4. Have you announced?
    We've told our families and some friends. We're not doing a big announcement or anything, but aren't really keeping the info from anyone at this point
    We drove to Denver to visit my in-laws
    My Uncle Joe who served and passed in November
  • Thanks @barrbaby-2!  :)
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!