November 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Brain

I get super bad baby brain.  Last time I failed a grad class, and it wasn't even hard!  I feel it starting again.  Anyone else here deal with this?  What has helped you?

Re: Baby Brain

• Options
    Yes been dealing with it for a few weeks. I'm a legal assistant and literally had to call an opposing attorney and a judge 3 times each today back to back because I kept forgetting to get different pieces of information to schedule a mediation lol. No advice lol I need some advice for myself before my boss kills me lmao. 
  • Options
    Yeah it's bad here. I literally just forget stuff so I have to write lists everyday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    Pretty sure I mix up my kids lunches daily. They keep coming home and be like umm... I don't like cheese strings and you cut my sandwich diagonally not vertically. And I'm like , sorry bud! You got your brothers lunch 
  • Options
    Apparently my pregnancy brain doesn't let me process how cars works. 

With DD we were on a road trip across country to Montana and DH said something about needing new tires and since there is no sales tax in the state he should get them there. I looked in thr back of our SUV and it was packed to the ceiling. I asked "where are we going to put them? Our car is full." He laughed for a good five minutes before saying "I thought we would drive on them." 

This past weekend we were on our way to pick up DD from my parents house and on the way there we stopped to get coffee drinks for the drive. I waited in the car with our dog and there was a sketchy looking man watching me from feet away. When DH came back he asked what was wrong and I told him that guy was making me feel uncomfortable. He asked why I didn't lock the car then. I told him I thought about it but I wasn't sure if it would work when the car wasn't running. Again he laughed for a few minutes and asked "how do you lock your car?" 
  • Options
    Yes! It's so hard at work!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I locked my friend's door, but didn't fully close it. I also got my head on her car door and ran a shopping cart into a shelf. I've also bumped a few students in the head with my stomach. My coordination and body awareness are way off these last few days.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @bcashaw You're supermom cutting their sandwiches how they like them! 
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    I just reheated my pasta sauce for 5 minutes instead of 1. It was all sad and dried up so now I have to make a frozen pizza. I have no idea how I didn't notice that it was taking so long. I do remember thinking "why is it popping so much?" But never bothered to check. 
  • Options
    KarrotelleKarrotelle member
    edited May 2017
    When I was pregnant with my 1st, I went out shopping with my sister. I drove. When we got to the mall, we got out and I tried locking the car with the keyless entry keypad as I always do. It wouldn't lock. Every time I hit the lock button it would automatically unlock.

It took me a good 3-4 minutes to realize I left my keys in the ignition. Not only did I leave them in the ignition, I left the car on! I literally put it in park, got out, tried to lock it and walk away.
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've put the milk in the freezer 3 times, lost my phone countless times only to have my 4 yr old say "Mommy, it's right in front of you!" and have him be right, and for the life of me I can't remember when my son's family celebration day at school is (it's tomorrow). I'm feeling ya'll on the pregnancy brain.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My job involves driving to multiple locations.  I knew where I was going before I left today and then got in the car and started driving to an entirely different location.  Luckily I figured it out before I got too far.  But I took an extra drive that I wasnt planning for.  And then turns out my appointment didn't even show up.  Its going well today.  
  • Options
    SRB130SRB130 member
    Yesterday we were out at a brewery for my moms birthday and I figured I should get a salad so I'm not starving come dinner time. My mom asked if it was my lunch because it was 230, I told her yeah that I just had a few chips for lunch.... my husband chimed in and said what are you talking about you brought home a ton of Chinese food for lunch from the store and we ate it.... I couldn't believe I forgot eating lunch!!!
  • Options
    I forgot how to close the garage door today. Yup, hit the wrong button for a solid 3 minutes before I realized what the problem was.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugghh I don't want it to kick into full force. So far it's just been forgetting small things, like if I've eaten or what I had to do or things during conversations but I'm worried I'll start forgetting important things like job interviews or have I fed the dogs (which reminds me I need to go feed them)
  • Options
    A few different doors at work open by scanning your badge, and some other are push buttons. I stood in front of the entrance (that had a push button) trying to scan my badge. A coworker came up behind me and pushed the button, laughing at me. Whoops. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    abs1686abs1686 member
    I threw away my son's shirt when changing him, rather than putting it in the laundry basket right next to the trash...and, I've put the milk back in the cupboard and not the fridge. Feeling you all on the baby brain...
  • Options
    liz4382liz4382 member
    I just tried to put ice in my salad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @deemariec I was so paranoid about this with my first. I was working at a vet clinic at the time and I had all my coworkers double checking my dosage conversions and such. Luckily no major mistakes were made. That I can remember....