November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 5/26-5/29

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 5/26-5/29

• Options
    @cwalker02 I haven't been there since 2000, but it was great! We usually go to beaches that are farther north since they are closer to home though. Have fun!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jess0211 said:
    We bought the chair for the baby's room! We have been hemorrhaging money this weekend but DH was insistent and at the advice of many mommy friends that we get a rocker/recliner instead of a glider.  Our local furniture storw had the perfect one on sale for memorial weekend and quite honestly it was the same price as most of the nice gliders out there. 
    I feel you on hemmoraging money. It's just crazy right now. 
  • Options
    @amber0529 In the future you could save the tick and a lot of places where ticks are common have a place you can take it to get tested, if that is available to you. I got Lyme disease in high school but I had the big bullseye rash and never got any symptoms. I hope he feels better soon!
  • Options
    @bcashaw @BusinessWife is pretty damn awesome

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    @BusinessWife even if she had posted an into we would not have been impressed with her asking us to look for her baby's penis. 
  • Options
    Not it for bedtime since I just had my head in the toilet. Who else is still vomiting daily or every other day? 
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Wildwood was a lot of fun! Very touristy but a lot of fun for families. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BusinessWife one of our own would never ask for a prediction based off ultrasounds

@lancomechica2 sorry you're still sick :(

• Options
    @lancomechica that sucks.  I still have nausea all the time but no vomiting.  Hope you get relief soon! 

• Options
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/DuchessOfCambridge">DuchessOfCambridge</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">@BusinessWife one of our own would never ask for a prediction based off ultrasounds
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    Oh for sure!  I guess I was just being cautiously polite. Lol. Next time will be more fun ;)
  • Options
    slavenslaven member
    @Baycamp That sounds amazing! We'll be in north GA so a bit of a drive but it may be an option. DH won't get to take time off other than weekends unfortunately. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven if you're going to be in North GA you should check out Lake Lanier and Stone Mountain! Both have great outdoor activities :)
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    @lancomechica I hope it passes soon, but congrats on sitting out for bedtime. 
  • Options
    @lancomechica2 Feel better, lady. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    Hey ladies. So ... could somebody please explain to me what memorial day is? Because I thought I knew but then I'm seeing/hearing things and now I think I was wrong.  I know I could Google it.... but I'm just wondering if one of you who celebrates it would explain. 
    Is it something you celebrate? I thought it wasn't, but it seems to be. 
  • Options
    am+mommy said:
    @amber0529 In the future you could save the tick and a lot of places where ticks are common have a place you can take it to get tested, if that is available to you. I got Lyme disease in high school but I had the big bullseye rash and never got any symptoms. I hope he feels better soon!
    FYI by the time the tick testing and Lyme results come back, it may already be late. Not "too late", but symptoms can advance fast. Typically docs by me treat with antibiotics immediately (because LD is so prevalent in our area anyway). I never got the rash, but I was exhausted (sleeping 14-16 hours a day) and had neurological issues like poor eye hand coordination and problems with depth perception. My twin ended up being hospitalized several times and has glasses now due to nerve damage in her eyes from the severe headaches. Not trying to scare anyone, but definitely have it checked out. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @bcashaw Memorial Day is a day of observance of those who have died while serving in our country's armed forces. 

It seems that over the years, it has definitely gotten off track. No, it is not supposed to be a holiday that is "celebrated". It's supposed to be a time when people stop to remember those men and women who have died for our country. Unfortunately, many people feel this weekend starts summer and Labor Day ends summer, so the true meaning tends to get overlooked. 
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    @cmessamore thank you. That's what I thought it was , just wanted to make sure. 

On a happier note my 12 year old just held up a video and asked me if I had "a box to play one of these things in"  I was like um.. a VCR?  I'm so old 
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    Thanks @MississippiCatfish I was just confused because I saw an ad for memorial day sales and it didn't seem like the kind of holiday that yup celebrate with a  sale but cmessamore cleared that part up for me 
  • Options
    @bcashaw Memorial Day is for remembering deceased service members. I think sales and everything is crazy but we usually have a little BBQ with other service members, friends and family. DH is military and has lost friends so I think he sees it as a way to get together in their honor. 
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    Totally makes sense. 
    I will equate it to remembrance day in Canada 
  • Options
    DH is mad at me bc I opted for a real cup of coffee today (the first in my pregnancy) bc caffeine helps with constipation and it's bad right now andplusalso I have a major headache from this cold. I told him one cup is ok!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 I drink one cup every morning, same with both other pregnancies. I'm an all day coffee drinker when I'm not pregnant. I think you only need to worry about caffeine in large quantities. 
  • Options
    Send help! I thought it would be a good idea to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese today!! On a rainy, holiday weekend!! What is wrong with me?! :confounded:
  • Options
    Send help! I thought it would be a good idea to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese today!! On a rainy, holiday weekend!! What is wrong with me?! :confounded:
    Ugh! I've never been to a Chuck E. Cheese and hope to never go to one. 
  • Options
    @lancomechica2 Sadly, my kids love it! I only take them a couple times a year, and believe me, that's plenty!! 
  • Options
    @cmessamore @lancomechica2 as an adult I feel so guilty about my parents taking me to Chuck E Cheese because it was basically baby gambling and they wasted money so I could get really stupid prizes. Obviously they did it as a treat because we had fun but I still feel bad!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge yep, my kids left with their pockets filled with silly prizes and their tummies filled with pizza and juice. But they were beyond happy! 
  • Options
    slavenslaven member

@jess0211 I drink a cup everyday, usually half caff but it can be hard to find. I have the occasional starbucks drink, usually a tall but once I got a grande. Baby is doing just fine. Honestly I wouldn't even feel bad if my one a day cup was full caffeine. You can have up to 200mg a day and there's about 100mg in 8oz of coffee so even a full strength grande is okay. And I don't think having one day of say 250mg will do any damage if it's a rare occurrence. A grande latte only has 150mg according to this website, in case anyone is interested. https://www.caffeineinformer.com/the-complete-guide-to-starbucks-caffeine

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    I allow myself 1-2 cans of Dr.Pepper a day when pregnant. When not pregnant it's all I drink. I just looked it up and there's only 41 mg of caffeine in a can so now I feel much better about the days I drink 2 cans.