November 2017 Moms
Options

FF*FC 05/26/17

2»

Re: FF*FC 05/26/17

• Options
    I'm going to a fancy restaurant with DH and DD because I have absolutely been craving their charcuterie board, yes soft cheese included. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    @cottingham3 @liz4382  terrible series. On so many levels for so many reasons. I cannot deal with how it has been glorified when the author got the facts SO WRONG. 
    Funfact: 50 shades was actually written as a fan fiction off of the twilight series. Not a huge fan of the writing in the twilight series either, but I did read them all 
  • Options
    I haven't seen Star Wars or Harry Potter. 

@ArtificialRed I'm so curious "how you eat."  Please expand! WIll not flame. 
    I always have to start out with my disclaimer that I'm far from perfect about it. (And it's gotten worse with pregnancy because I developed some strong aversions to my staples that I haven't totally worked past.) But I do try to stick closely to a McDougall starch based diet. Zero animal products, zero oil, low fat. High in vegetables and starches, some fruit. I have seen the research, I have interacted with people that have healed diseases, and I've felt great eating this way. You can't convince me it's unhealthy, but I won't say I know it's definitely the one true best way to eat. (I have definite opinions about a few diets that are some truly awful ways to eat though!)

• Options
    @ArtificialRed thanks for indulging me!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ArtificialRed before finding out I was pregnant I was seriously considering becoming vegan or at least more plant based. We watched a few documentaries that really got me thinking. Mcdougall was in a few so I read the starch solution this winter. I think it's definitely healthier, but just don't think I could make such a big change at the start of my pregnancy when I really just wanted junk. I'm definitely considering it once I deliver and newborn craziness subsides a little. I might have to pick your brain for some ideas. 
  • Options
    @froggy994 definitely! I love to talk about it with open-minded people. I love talking about the awesome (and often easy, because I'm not a huge lover of cooking) food I eat and the people I've met who have changed their lives because of it. 

• Options
    On the topic of Star Wars, I have several friends who are intense fans. After I announced on FB, one such friend texted:

"I was going to say I will never forgive you if you don't name them Luke and Leia but then I saw the identical hashtag"

Thanks for course correcting, but still annoying. Name your kids whatever you want. I'm not obsessed with SW like that, and we've already decided to name them in honor of BF's parents (both gone). I don't relate to a piece of culture being the most important and defining thing for someone. I'm also more into Trek than SW.
  • Options
    pawcallpawcall member
    QTAMum3 said:
    @ArtificialRed I felt the same way about congrats/condolences posts. I make them sparingly but always think that one other will be all "wtf?"  

FFFC: with the recent tech guess of a boy, I've been mentioning our boy name to people when they ask. "James Tiberius "..... and only one person so far has gotten the reference and I side eye all others that don't. I also side eye people who haven't seen Star Wars before....just unfathomable to me. 
    That's insane. I'm always so annoyed when people don't "get" obvious references. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    I don't know Star Wars at all, I just could never get into them, and this fact GREATLY disappoints and shames my brother.

however husband and I are both enormous HP fans and have an entire fan shelf in our living room plus will be doing an HP themed nursery. Don't even care. This is my one nerdy thing as an adult and I will never not love it. The books are amazing and if you pretend the movies aren't linked to the books they're amazing too.