TTC After a Loss

Health and Fitness (5/25)

What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals?

What have you been eating, and drinking? Share your recipes!

Do you have anything else you want to share with us?

Do you have any comments or suggestions to add to the thread?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Health and Fitness (5/25)

• I totally had intentions for going to yoga tonight but it was a stressful afternoon and I'm mentally tired so I couldn't do it.  I did manage to go on Tues and Wens.

I have a taco bake recipe I really like.  I tried it with beef this week but I like it better with chicken

https://www.thecookierookie.com/baked-spicy-chicken-tacos/

Also sprouts had a great deal on berries yesterday. 3 containers of blue berries for $5 and the same for strawberries.

I also made an awesome stuffed pizza chicken last night.

• My current goals are to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Trying to lose at least another 5 lbs. It may be time for me to rethink the goals though because its getting difficult. I need to balance losing weight with wanting to live. Like I mentioned last week - I'm not willing to give up all the stuff I love to lose weight. 

To reach my goals I eat Paleo/whole about 80% of the time. I like chocolate and alcohol so those find their way into my mouth a few times a week. I also work out a LOT. I teach 3-5 barre classes a week and try to take an additonal 2ish. Also very active with my girls on the weekends. We hike, bike, swim. 

We've been good sticking with our SunBasket meals and they continue to be amazing. We've had a lot of fruit in the house lately so we've had cherries and berries and plums all week. Snack on veggies (snap peas, cucumbers and bell peppers are my favs). Eggs and avocado for breakfast.

I definitely think I'm getting stronger/leaner even if the scale isn't budging. My core and arms are showing some major definition so I think all the barre is paying off. Its really fun getting paid to work out! I channel my inner yogi and use lots of motivating mantras :) 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Loading the player...
  • @ladipale do you think it's possible you are not eating enough calories a day to burn fat?
  • @vlagrl29 - possibly? I was using LoseIt to try and lose weight but I can't survive on the calories it tells me to eat. so not enough! I eat LOTS of fat - avocado, almond butter, etc.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Losing 20 lbs. Between ovulation bloat weight gain and depression issues I have not done so well the past week and a half. Ugh. Need to step it back up or I’ll never get there!

I’ve basically been eating things I shouldn’t be eating… but really just too much of everything is the problem right now.

Why is it sooo easy to put on several lbs. just from eating an extra cookie and a larger meal, then it is to lose that same several lbs. Grrrr!

vlagrl29 Mmmmm… berries!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals?

I'd like to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, but haven't really worked on it yet. I am starting acupuncture next week, and I hope to start going to the gym 2-3 times a week.

I've been super depressed and not really handling things well... so I've been eating like crap and it's not helping!
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals?

Losing 30lbs. Been maintaining a 700 calorie deficit 4-5 days a week and equaling calories out on my break days. Trying to keep sodium at <1500mg 6 days a week.

My favorite lunch is 1/8th a mini Brie wheel, 6-7 Flax Nut-Thins, and a cup of green grapes.

Do you have anything else you want to share with us?

I got to eat hibachi today and took 1/2 home in my to-go box.

Do you have any comments or suggestions to add to the thread?

Nah.