**TW**
BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
TTCAL 6/15/16
BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
BabyFetus Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Unpopular Opinion 5/25

• ChelK3ChelK3 member
    @peachy13 agreed! Although somehow I don't have a single picture from when I was pregnant with my first (probably because I gained 50 pounds and ran whenever a camera came around). My SO always talks about how great I looked pregnant though and I hope to at least have something to look back on this time. Nothing professional. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @peachy13 This was a UO when I was on TTGP! I can totally see the appeal of them to some people, but that's not me. Mostly because I'm extremely frugal so if I'm going to pay for a photo shoot I'm gonna want it to be of the baby after it's born. Also, I go back and forth on newborn photos. I feel like newborns all kind of look like aliens, but of course when it's your own it's the most beautiful alien in the world (not from experience)...so maybe I'll want newborn photos to remember how tiny it was in the beginning? I don't know.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • ChelK3ChelK3 member
    This should be fun.. My unpopular opinion is I think marriage is stupid and I'll never do it. I'm not religious and I don't think I should have to legally bind myself to someone to make my relationship valid, so I see no point. I also hate parties, hate spending money on useless shit like decorations and flowers, I only have one female friend, and I will never do something that involves both sides of our families again. The first and only time they have been in the same room together was when our first LO was born and it was horrible. We've been together for over 7 years, have 1 child and working on number 2. We are currently buying a house together. I think someday I'll probably go and get my last name legally changed just so we all have the same last name. People question why we aren't married all the time, but I just don't care. It's not going to happen. 
  • I think In 'n Out is overrated. I'm from the northwest, and the first time I had it was a few years ago the first time I went to DH's parents' (in the Bay Area). The burgers are good but I was underwhelmed (I was expecting it to be the best burger ever or something because of all the hype) and I hate their fries.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared

Did you get them Animal Style????  Omg. I can't. I just can't. 
    I think I'm going there for lunch now. 
  • @breezybee I've tried them that way, yes. That's what DH always orders. Every time I've had them they've just been super dry, like they're way overcooked. At least they're crispy. I hate Five Guys fries because they're mushy, and I don't believe all the stuff they have posted all over their restaurants like, "best fries award winner from x, y, z magazine/newspaper!"

Burgerville is my jam.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @mjdsquared Yeah, they're definitely different - like they have no artificial taste. I'll concede that they COULD be perceived as an acquired taste ;)
    I haven't tried 5 guys. OR Burgerville!  Omg, do you have Dick's by you?  You're in Oregon right?  Or is it Washington?  Ugh, when I lived in Seattle, the Dicks Deluxe was my MFING JAM!
  • @ChelK3 I can totally see your perspective. The only reasons I can think of as arguments are purely legal. You can solve most those issues with wills, health care directives, and jumping through a lot of other hoops to ensure you and your children are protected if anything unexpected were to occur. 
  • I love In and Out but the fries really do suck.  
  • @breezybee We used to live in Seattle and I really liked Dick's! We're in the Portland area now, so we don't have it here. I just read this list of the best burgers in America and the number one was at this dive bar in Portland and the picture looked amazing and I'm desperate for it! Lol. We're trying to not spend money/eat healthier so we're not eating out much (and no fast food), but in two weeks we're going to see DH's parents and he's allowing In N Out, so I'm super excited for the burger then! I don't dislike their burgers by any means, I just thought angels would sing when I bit into it and that didn't happen lol.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @tamaraaaa I'm glad someone agrees! I think it's awesome they use fresh ingredients and stuff but idk, I just can't with the fries.
    @acgonzalez22 Fixer Upper is not my first choice. I'll watch it if nothing else is on. But I also don't get the hype. Everyone is obsessed with them and then read the book they came out with and loves them more and I'm like, "Okay?"

Also, I'm not super into the Royal Family and don't get the obsession/fascination. (I'm just full of UOs today, guys. Normally I struggle to think of any!)
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @breezybee we visit Seattle often and get Dicks every time!  Yum.  I've never been to In and Out though, so I can't really compare.

@MJDsquared I'm with you on the royal family stuff.  I have some friends who are really obsessed and I just don't get it.

I can't think of my own UO today.  My students are taking up all of my brain power at the moment.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MJDsquared haha omg! I'm from New England and people act like In and Out is the only place in the country to have a good burger. The fries totally sucked. The burgers were good, but I've had similar quality at Shake Shack.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• NME44NME44 member
    You guys. Phew!

okay, I'm cool with maternity shoots; have never done one, night this time bc I love being pregnant and I wouldn't mind a shoot to remember that, with my two little cuties.

i like being married, but I don't really have an opinion on if others should do it. 

I also dont like In n Out, nor do I recall 5 Guys being anything special. But Whataburger, now that's just yum!
  • @acgonzalez22 I like maternity shoots too! Also did one on the beach with my first and I can't wait to do one with this pregnancy.  I'm so excited to be able to incorporate DS into the pictures too.
  • This is an opinion (I hope it's popular), but it drives me crazy when people say "just a nurse". 

My SO and I aren't legally married but I refer to him as my husband. I wear an engagement ring and wedding band. If we ever actually do get married it will be low key and more like a court house deal. 
  • I have never eaten at any of these burger places you guys are talking about! I'm seriously going to miss the craft burger place in town though.  :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @speach13 ew that's so rude, to be honest I've never heard anyone say that before! I work in a major hospital and when I say that, the number 1 follow up question is "are you a nurse?" and i'm usually like "yeah i wish!" that job is tough man, but so rewarding. 

• @peachy13 I gave my bridesmaids gift bags with mini bottles of alcohol and cards I ordered off Etsy that looked all old-timey floral/classic on the front and inside said, "Will you be my bridesmaid? There will be alcohol." I loved those cards lol. It was super fun! And for my maids of honor I got them wooden boxes with their name on them and put crap in them, but the boxes were like $15 on Etsy. I loved doing it. But a whole party and all that? No thank you. And I didn't post anything on social media.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @speach13 I don't think there is such a thing as "just" a nurse. Nurses are amazing. I'm not one, but I have major respect for those that are. 

@peachy13 I think bridesmaids proposals can be cute, but there are definitely those that over do it. When I got married, I sent my sister and my BF a small box with a tiny bottle of champagne, a champagne glass, and a little card that asked them to by my Bridesmaid/MOH. Both of them live out of state, or I would have just asked them in person over food, but thought that a phone call could be improved by liquor. 

I forget who started the rest.. but. 
    I'm into maternity shoots that are low key. Not the big belly in a flowing dress standing on a hill stuff, but just some cute pictures to remember the time. I think the cutest ones I've seen recently were done in a friend's backyard. 

I enjoy the legal benefits of being married, i.e. insurance, medical rights, etc, but I don't judge other's. I also don't think a marriage has to include a large wedding, or a big hoopla, but again, to each their own.

In N Out is blah. I've only been a few times, and I have never been truly impressed, animal style or not. 

Also not into Fixer Upper. I can binge watch some HGTV with the best of them, but Fixer Upper is just not something I feel I have to have. 

Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @MJDsquared nothing wrong with that! The social media part is what really bothers me.. I actually wish I did something cute - even just give them a card or something. 

• @acgonzalez22 yesss to everything u said.

Never have I ever had an in and out burger. Or seen this establishment.

And on the marriage issue- for me, being legally married is so different from when we weren't. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • whiskawhiska member
    @peachy13 totally agree it's just for the pic shares.  I've never seen this in my circle.  Personally, I would be like -- that money could go toward those extra roses we had to cut from the flower budget, or spa days on the honeymoon, or the more detailed sugar work on the cake...
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @peachy13 I'm a maternity and newborn photographer - so I love maternity shoots. However, I have never been the subject of one (maybe a FFC instead?) But for the mom's that do them, I treat them like a day of pampering - they get their hair and make-up done, get all dressed up - overall it's a nice experience with some memories from being pregnant. Definitely not for everyone, so I can see why some people don't like them.

@breezybee like ALL Disney gear - or just the tacky stuff? Obviously I might like Disney, but I actually HATE character shirts. I swore I would never let my kids wear them, but they do. Ugh. I do love the Mickey/Minnie ears though, can't lie. And I might have a pair of Mickey Keds I wear when we visit the MK. 

You guys - did anyone watch that HORRIBLE Dirty Dancing remake last night? I hope it's not an UO but that was a true tragedy. And not the fun kind where you can make fun of it while watching, like actually terrible. Terrible!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @disneyfan0511 haha. I'm specifically talking about the really loud, sparkly Disney stuff with airbrushed characters and glitter on the front. On pjs or something.  For children. 
    Mickey and Minnie ears are totally cute always. 
    @brittyclem OMG yes. Half naked newborn family photos are just a big fat NO. 
  • @brittyclem Words can't describe how awful it was. I turned it off about an hour in - an hour I will never get back - and turned on the original to cleanse myself from that nonsense. The casting was SO off - could not have been worse. Truthfully.  Also half naked newborn family pictures - big fat no. Will definitely end up on awkward family photos as some point in the future.

@breezybee 1,000% in agreement on that stuff. So not OK.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm fine with mat shoots, though I agree--not naked. One of my best friends is a photographer, so she took maybe 5 pics of me/DH & I when I was preggers with DD and I'm happy to have them, but it wasn't a big deal. I don't get belly casts. What do you even do with that?

@ChelK3 sounds more like you think weddings are stupid. Weddings and marriage are not the same thing. 

I love Fixer Upper! It is my fave HGTV show, though I am also loving Home Again (we live in MS now, so I like that it's set in our state!). 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @cait5413 @eazybreezy225 I was lurking November recently and they were asking what people do with belly casts. Someone found the most cringe-worthy ones on Google and posted pictures. One had a butterfly painted on the belly and a ribbon tied under the boobs and they had it on the wall holding a bouquet of flowers. One was painted to look like a ninja turtle? I was like, who are the people who do these things?!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Eh I find a lot of maternity shoots corny but there are some that I love, mostly with the siblings involved. We do family pictures every September so I prob will have a couple "maternity" pics taken with DS ...mostly because I'll be 19-29 weeks pregnant so it will be hard to avoid lol 

i have never had in and out or shake shack; I do love 5 guys though! 

DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• I don't like In n Out, Five Guys is good but my all-time favorite is Steak N Shake! 

My uo is that I don't like Indian food which seems to be all the rage. I really tried to like it but I can't. Give me some Thai!