January 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in 5/23

Selfishly starting this thread... 

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around)

Re: FTM Check-in 5/23

• How far along are you?
    7 Weeks 

Not Yet

Cravings?
    I dont think so. i mean, I have cravings but I have always been a cravings person so I dont think i can blame the baby for them yet. I just really love food.

Rants/Raves?
    Asked husband to bring me crackers...... he is bringing them to me...... but after the gym. I think my belly is more important than the gym!

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    I dont really like eating early, is there a shake or nutrition bar you'd recommend? Or does it not matter if I dont eat the first half of the day?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around)
    I've seen a lot of bands, Husband and I are seeing John Mayer in a couple months. But Ive really been into Awolnation lately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    6 weeks, 4 days

Nope. First appointment is one week from today and it can't get here soon enough!

Cravings?
    None.

Rants/Raves?
    Food aversions! Absolutely nothing sounds good ever and it's so obnoxious. I tried to have a decently healthy breakfast of eggs and toast this morning but couldn't make it through more than a bite of eggs and only got down half a piece of toast. Of course now I'm starving so I broke down and got some cheese Ritz bits out of the vending machine because it's too early to eat my lunch (which also doesn't sound appealing). 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Nope.

I've found recently that I don't enjoy concerts as much as I used to but I would love to see Billy Joel! He's at the top of my list right now. Elton John used to be #1 but DH took me to see him for my birthday a year or two ago. I'd also like to see Sara Bareilles again; I saw her at a small venue several years ago and it was one of my favorite shows. I would love to see her in Waitress but sadly that's not happening.

@miranda21037 - John Mayer is so good live! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @gusgus14 Cant wait! DH also plays guitar and does resemble John Mayer a bit. But he doesnt make the super funny faces when playing and singing hahaha 

Ill take your eggs and toast, thats exactly what I want right meow! With butter mmmmmmmmmm

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kgtraddkgtradd member
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 2 days (according to LMP)

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Just with my endocrinologist for a thyroid ultrasound and blood work (vigilant monitoring due to high risk for hypothyroidism). First OB appointment not until June 12.

Cravings? Chocolate! Never really been a dessert person until now.

Rants/Raves? I am in a wedding at the beginning of June and the bride is driving me nuts! I went to her bachelorette at 5 weeks pregnant and suffered through the male strip show and subsequent bar hopping until 3 in the morning.  And now, my nude flats "aren't nude enough" and I have to buy new ones, hair and makeup will only be $150 or so per person, and we have to be at the venue Friday morning (4 hours away) not Friday evening like we originally thought! ARGH!

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not that I can think of.

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) Going to see Flogging Molly and the White Buffalo in Boston this weekend. Super excited! It's my third time seeing Flogging with DH. But I would really love to see The Grateful Dead and Dave Matthews Band.
  • How far along are you? 4 weeks, 6 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Had beta draws done last week, numbers were not awe inspiring but at least were going up so I've decided to just assume everything is perfect because worrying won't help. 

Cravings? Salmon for some reason - specifically the salmon I had on Friday night. 

Rants/Raves? I found an OBGYN group in town where all the doctors are in my insurance network and the doctors all have positive reviews. (I had gotten a recommendation for a dr who it turned out was out of network and I was really disappointed by that at first). I called the new group today and asked which doc they would put a somewhat anxious 35 year old FTM who asks a lot of questions and right away she said one particular doctor would be a good fit. The best part is that she offered me an appointment on June 8! Hopefully we will hear the HB then and I will be able to tell my family in person about the baby when I go home for my sister's shower the following week. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? When did your symptoms (morning sickness, sore boobs, etc.) really start to kick in? I have some symptoms but they are not very severe yet, it's still pretty early though. 

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) I would love to see Florence and the Machine live. Unfortunately anytime they come near my area they are only at a big very expensive festival that would be $$$ to attend. 
  • @miranda21037 What? He should get you the crackers stat. I bought myself some Ritz at the grocery store for the in-between meal nausea that is happening very sporadically. DH was eating them this morning! I was trying not to give him the stinkeye...

@gusgus14 I feel you on not being as into the concert scene as I get older. It seems like an awesome plan until I am actually there, usually in the heat...

@kgtradd I think more friendships are damaged over weddings than any other time in life. Hang in there!

• How far along are you? 

7 weeks

last week we got to see and hear the heartbeat! Next one isn't for another two more weeks.

Cravings?
    It has been fruit, but now it's nothing. Nothing sounds good at all. And the cupcakes I made for a friend's birthday had a weird scent that had me naesous. Who the hell gets naesous over cupcakes!?

Rants/Raves?

Booked my announcement photo shoot!... and maternity.... and newborn..... no shame. It was a package deal. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?

Any of you loose weight during first tri? Did it continue through second? 

Metallica! I just think it would be fun. 
  • @zamora_spin Im currently planning punishment for DH. He finally got here with crackers. I thanked him 3 times. He asked how I felt and I honestly told him that next time Ill just have to go myself since waiting this long made me super sick and I cant do that again (not blaming him). He said "Well Im not your slave!"....... oh no he didnt! He goes to school a few hours a day and Im carrying his child! I work full time and do school part time. I want to smother him with a pillow right now. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zamora_spin with DD, I had nausea from about 6-14 or 15 weeks. Cramps lasted just a couple weeks, maybe from 5-6, and insane heartburn from 2nd tri to a couple weeks after I delivered. RLP started sometime in 2nd tri.

@madcouplewithabox I lost about 10 pounds or so during 1st and into 2nd tri. I had high BP so I had growth scans every 4 weeks, otherwise my doc said she would have ordered them anyway since I had so much trouble gaining anything. I *think* it's pretty normal to lose during 1st tri, but if you have any concerns, make sure you talk to your OB.
  • @Zamora_spin my pregnancy w/DD was very mild. I never got sick (one day I got car sick but that's really it). I had really sore boobs probably around week 9, some RLP...but other than that, I felt pretty good. Just tired.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @miranda21037 WHAT? He told you he is not your SLAVE? If a woman is carrying your baby it is your privilege to go to the store for her, rub her feet, and generally be her personal assistant for nine months. In this case it wasn't even a crazy craving but a request for something to keep you from getting sick! I don't blame you for wanting to smother him. 
  • If anyone has any good punishment suggestions for DH please feel free :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @miranda21037 replace the Oreo filling with toothpaste... if you have Oreos. 
    Stack all his dirty laundry from around the house on his side of the bed....
    Hide all the good food
    When you get your appetite back order takeout but don't get anything for him... then eat it in front of him. 

• How far along are you? 
    7w1d (LMP)
    First appointment is tomorrow! 

Cravings?
    no cravings but finding food that sounds good is really hard. 

Rants/Raves?
    Nothing really! I pretty much just want to sleep and watch Greys all the time. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Nothing right now!

Turnpike Troubadours (September!), Whiskey Myers, Joy Williams, and my pick for the "not around" band is The Civil Wars. There are a few more. Also, do musicals count? Because Spring Awakening and Million Dollar Quartet are up there with Newsies, which I'm seeing in August!
  • How far along are you?  6w 3d

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?  Had our first U/S last Friday.  It was fine, but not what I was expecting going in.  We have another appointment Thursday afternoon for another U/S and at that point my RE thinks we should get a heartbeat.

Cravings?  Liquid cheese is apparently a thing for me right now.

Rants/Raves?  I'm definitely noticing changes in my body, but my symptoms are so mild that they're more annoying than actually debilitating.  Part of me figures I'm one of the luckier ones and shouldn't bitch, but part of me doesn't care and if my hormones are cray cray and I feel like bitching then whatever ;) lol.

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around).  Imagine Dragons has been on my list but they haven't been in our area in ages.  We just saw Skillet for the second time last week - I'd go to one of their shows again in a heartbeat.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @WildMagelet I'm all about the cheese. I work catering events every once and awhile. My boss sent a gallon size can of nacho cheese home with me. I'm so grateful lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks 4 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? None so far

Cravings? Just random cravings to eat a restraunt 

Rants/Raves? I've been so nausoues lately and exausted. I'm so ready for the first trimester to be over lol. On the bright side, MH has been amazing and supportive. He cleaned the whole house yesterday and decided he was taking over dinner duties for the next few weeks, as I've been so exhausted lately.  :)

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not this week

I would love to see Mumford and Sons. Their music is just awesome and I'd love to see how they perform it live. 

@WildMagelet I'm with you on seeing Imagine Dragons live! They would be fantastic live!

@kgtradd Wow that bride seems very high maintenance. I know it is her big day, but seriously, it is like she hasn't already considered the fact that you've paid for a dress, shoes, hotel room, gifts for her etc...
  • How far along are you?  4 weeks 4/5 days, i think? according to one of those calculators....

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Had beta #2 yesterday, hcg rose from 183 to 506! 

Cravings? not much. having a bit of a food aversion at the moment due to all day mild nausea, yuck. a little worried that i'm not getting enough calories/protein/etc so i hope this doesn't last that long!

Rants/Raves? I don't want to wait a week before my 3rd beta and then until mid june for my ultrasound! all the other ladies on the IF boards with me seem to be able to get them in the late week 5 - early week 6! ::pouts::

Questions for FTM, STM+? nothing at the moment?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) The Killers. I don't even know if they're still around! :lol: An ex of mine had bought me tickets for my 25th birthday, years ago. We then broke up before the concert, and he kept the tickets. that bastard. :angry:
  • @caseyw8784 Those beta numbers are amazing! I'm sorry you have to wait until mid June but it sounds like you are right on track!
  • How far along are you? 7w3d

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Last week, had a dating u/s and saw the HB!

Cravings? I feel for those with terrible nausea because I just have a feeling it is gonna hit me... but for now I am just eating everything in sight. 

Rants/Raves? All this RAIN! I went to the beach this weekend and that is allll it did.  

Questions for FTM, STM+? My cramping (mild and without spotting) has picked up again- anyone else?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) If musicals count I would love to see Hamilton!
  • Mudge85Mudge85 member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 
    7w5d

First ultrasound with RE last week... another next week! Went well saw two little heartbeats. ❤️

Cravings?
    not really... but nothing sounds good... except pizza? 

Rants/Raves?
    two of my friends basically announced my pregnancy over the weekend and now I am distancing myself... story: there are 4 of us that have remained good friends since college. Girl 1 is pregnant and we were at her shower, girl 2 is married with two kids, girl 3 is single and always makes comments about how she wants a family /kids. We took a group picture and girl 3 posted it on fb... 10 minutes later girl 2 posts a picture of herself and girl 3 with glasses of champagne and holding their stomachs saying "there's no babies in these bellies!!" I immediately got a text from a mutual friend / my confidant who knows all about my infertility treatments saying "umm, this is not cool" with a screenshot of the post. I texted our group and asked if it could be taken down girl 2 said "I guess if it makes you feel better" and girl 3 said "it's not about you... just deflect..." I shouldn't be put in that position !!! So girl 2 took it down but girl 3 posted it without the comment & girl 1 & 2 commented on it about how they "love this picture!"

Edit because some of it cut off apparently:

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not really? just curious if anyone else doesn't have a laundry list of symptoms too.. sometimes I don't "feel" pregnant.. I'm exhausted and occasionally feel dizzy/sick but that's it... I know I shouldn't complain but... I cant help but be nervous.

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) arrrrg I don't know... Dave Matthews Band? I have seen them before but I love their show!
  • @zamora_spin - My RE is over the moon about how "fantastic" my hormones look and all, so the rational part of me is content with knowing that. The other part of me, however, really wants to see "proof" that I'm pregnant, since I don't really "look" or "feel" pregnant yet. Well, other than extreme fatigue and mild nausea! haha!

Replying to what @miranda21037 said about her husband, my DH has already told me that he won't be going out at midnight to buy me ice cream...that i'll have to "plan out my cravings." :lol: Really, though, when it comes to it, I know he'll be catering to me hand and foot...he just likes to talk the talk...haha!
  • @caseyw8784 mine said the same thing, he said he'd cater "within reasonableness" but my DH is not the catering type. No foot rubs or midnight pizza rubs in my future! But no complaints, I've always known that just want his thing
  • @caseyw8784 I bet that is hard to wait after an IF journey especially. The fact that you are fatigued and somewhat nauseous - also a good signs! If it is really eating you up maybe just ask your RE to move it up a bit? You also don't want to do it so early that they can't see much - I've seen ladies on here have false alarms just because a tech can't find the HB, etc, but really it was too early. FX for you! 
  • caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited May 2017
    @TInman87 - i know i won't be getting any foot rubs either in the future, either! i guess "catering within reasonableness" is the PERFECT way to describe my husband. He's kind of about the military/tough love style, so it'll be interesting to see what he will do. The other day i couldn't stand the smell of grilled chicken to shred to make chicken salad, so as i left the room i asked him to finish. And he kind of rolled his eyes and grumbled a bit, but by the time i came back into the room, he had finished shredding it, made the chicken salad, and had made a plate for me with a glass of ginger ale, so i know that he actually will be good at helping out and stuff... :lol: 

@Mudge85 - i would be so livid! oy, some people just don't realize the stupid things they do! :angry:
  • @Mudge85 not cool what your friends did. I'd be pissed. Sorry youre put in that situation :( Hopefully they will come around and understand.

As for the DH, its not like I was having some craving and demanded brownies. I was feeling so sick and needed crackers. Plus he doesnt work. So in my mind he should go a whopping 5 minutes out of his way while going to the gym to bring me crackers first. Gym should not be more important than me :( He was such a good boyfriend and now that Im pregnant I feel like he is just being so selfish about a lot of things :'(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @miranda21037 - i'm sorry that it seems like your DH is being selfish. Hopefully he'll come around soon and realize that it would be nice for him to give a bit extra effort for the next 9 months! :smile:
  • @Mudge85 not cool at all! Sorry they did that to you! I have a variety of symptoms that are really very mild and they sometimes come and go a bit, which makes me nervous too! 

@miranda21037 sorry your DH was being a butt! 
  • @kgtradd I heard Dave Matthews Band is awesome live.

@mudge85 I am sorry your friends are being jerks. That's a bitch move.

How far along are you? I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Couple weeks before my first.

Cravings? Carbs. I am trying to eat healthy but all I want is bread and pasta. Gaaaaaahhh. But I am also hitting the nothing sounds good stride. Which is weird for me.

Rants/Raves? I keep kinda forgetting I am pregnant. So we will go to do something and my husband is like uh can you do that. For example we went out to a restaurant the other day and I was all excited to order this drink they have and my husband was all uh no. Then I realized oh yeah I can't have that anymore.  I guess I am still in the it doesn't feel real boat.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Bras. I read something on Pinterest that when you outgrow your bras, which I am close to doing, buy an adjustable size maternity bra. That seems like overkill to me. Is it worth it or should I just go get a cheap one a size up?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) this is a tough question.  I think either Dave Matthews Band or Metallica 

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• @MTgirlCOworld - one of my favorite taco places posted a picture of their drink special the other day and it was a strawberry jalapeno margarita and I wanted it SO bad. 
  • @MTgirlCOworld advice I got with DD, skip the maternity bras and buy nursing bras! They make some pretty comfortable ones.
  • @MTgirlCOworld Would bra extenders help for the time being? 
  • windywomanwindywoman member
    edited May 2017
    @kgtradd , MTgirlCOworld , I have seen DMB twice. Very good live and a really a fun time! 

darkrose88 I have seen Mumford and Sons live. They were great! 

gusgus14 I saw Billy Joel too! He is amazing ! 

How far along are you? 5 weeks 2 days

Any appointments this week/last? Not until June 19th

Cravings? Mashed Potatoes and gravy. But, I tend to crave them all the time anyway! 

Rants/Raves? I broke the screen on my phone today!  

Questions for FTM, STM+? When did you start showing? I swear I am already at 5 weeks. I don't think I will be able to hid it for long. 

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) Hmmm this is a tough one. Tool is coming to town in a couple of weeks and I really wanted to go with DH but we didn't get tickets. Led Zeppelin or The Doors for bands not around. 
  • How far along are you? 4w 6d

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Today! I had my first ultrasound (early because of mc in October). Sac looks great. 

Cravings? no

Rants/Raves? Like last time, I am worried about the lack of symptoms but it sounds like no symptoms is common... 

Questions for FTM, STM+? not yet!

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) Pink Floyd with both Roger Waters and David Gilmour
    MC: October 2016
    BFP: 5/16/17
    EDD: 1/25/18

• KatieElKatieEl member
    @Brezzy1928 the bloat is real! with both my previous pregnancies I was bloated and "showing" until about week 10-12 and then the bloating pretty much went away and I didn't start really bumping out until week 18.  Even then I still was able to wear some of my normal pants up to week 20/22 (especially lower rise jeans).
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • mcrosiemcrosie member
    How far along are you? 
    8 weeks today!

We had the first u/s last week - nice heartbeat! I was really nervous though. 

Cravings?
    No. I find the thought of most food really offputting right now, which is weird because I usually love food. Thai food is the only thing that sounds good. And hot pockets. Really I just want salty, crappy food if I have to eat anything. 

Rants/Raves?
    I'm just so.effing.tired. all the time. I'm feeling fewer murderous mood swings though (my husband is probably happy about that)

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Did you do CVS testing?

U2! But I'm seeing them next month on their Joshua Tree tour - can't wait!
  • geshemgeshem member
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 1 day

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Not yet, but can't wait to (hopefully) see HB at apt in 2 weeks!

Cravings? Not really yet, though have had "I need food now," so have been taking snacks along to work. Thank goodness no real aversions/nausea yet, just sometimes twinges of nausea, FX that it's not just waiting to spring on me...

Rants/Raves? We told our parents on Mothers' Day, was hesitant to tell so early but we decided we wanted their support, and happened to be seeing one set of parents on that day so it was perfect and so sweet (gave my mother a 'grandmother' gift, and DH gave me a mother's day gift, which confused parents at first but then they got it and were so happy for us). So we swore them to secrecy, but then found out same day that MIL told several ppl... :( I know at the end of the day she didn't really do anything to actually harm us, but I felt v betrayed since she agreed not to tell, told, and then lied about it to us...

Questions for FTM, STM+? How long should I expect breasts to be so sore?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around) Not really sure, but I love seeing musicals, not that I have done it much :)

@kgtradd That sounds so frustrating!
    @madcouplewithabox So happy for you you got to see HB :) can't wait to see mine
    @rachelg777 Cramping for me too - also mild, no bleeding - but it's very uncomfortable sometimes. Has been on and off for maybe a week so far?
    @MTgirlCOworld I'm with you on the not feeling so real yet, hopefully after the first US it will be more real for us
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @zamora_spin it is more the cups then the band.  :/

@geshem ya that is what I am hoping for too.

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• mcrosiemcrosie member
    geshem I'm curious on the breast soreness too. Holy crap do these hurt!
  • @kgtradd I love Flogging Molly! I saw them once about 10 years ago and it was one of the best shows I've been to! Have fun!

How far along are you? 4 weeks, 5 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? No appointments - I don't get my first appointment until June 12 when I'm 7 weeks so I love hearing about other people's appointments!

Cravings? No cravings, but when I got Mexican for lunch this week it was hard not to get something with queso on it - goodbye chili rellenos!

Rants/Raves? Rant: The only symptom I'm having is mild fatigue, and occasional cramps. It makes me feel like like I'm not even pregnant! I know I'm still early on, but I wish I at least felt pregnant! Rave: DH has been so supportive - he's cooking me dinner, rubbing my feet, and going to bed early with me.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Did your pregnancy symptoms increase after a certain week?

GTKY: What band do you most want to see live? (Can be a band that is no longer around)  I wish I could see Rilo Kiley! I've seen Jenny Lewis, but I was such a miser in college that I didn't go with my friends during the silver lining tour. I never thought they'd break up!
    Pregnancy Ticker