November 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In 5/23

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by?

Re: FTM Check-In 5/23

• Guess I'll kick this response off.

1) 16w, 2d
    2) No appointments till next week.
    3) No specific cravings, but I continue to find sour/tart/pickled preferable. In the last few weeks I have also found myself hungry with greater frequency. Trying to keep myself on healthy, nourishing meals that combine fruits/veggies, fiber, protein, and healthy fat.  
    4) No real rants or raves.  I've had a fairly low-key pregnancy so far and cannot complain. We finally announced to family last week and (thankfully, as I have not yet announced at work) they're abiding by our "no social media" rule. I am concerned that I am not gaining any weight at all.  I lost 7lbs my first trimester.  My weight has plateaued since week 12 at the low end. I am also starting to get more anxious about work arrangements. I am the family breadwinner and insurance carrier, and am the firm's first partner-track female attorney in 30yrs to start a family. Talk about nerve-wracking. 
    5) Has anyone maintained a Paleo diet while pregnant? I am allergic to dairy and gluten, and am in flare mode so far this pregnancy. I'm trying to minimize my flares through diet and nutrition. 
    6) "Curiouser and curiouser" - Alice in Wonderland
  • 1) How far along are you? 
    14+3
    Next week!
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Sore breasts and I get winded easily but that's really about it. Tuna melt cravings forever. Could also go for some Taco Bell right now. It's close to lunchtime, I have a lot of cravings.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Pleased I got what I wanted for maternity leave, anxious for next appointment to hear baby is all good.
    I'm pretty quick-tempered which I don't love about myself, so my favorite is "A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret". It's what I'm trying to work on the most this pregnancy. My mom is quick-tempered as well and I always remember hating when she would get mad over one thing and then get mad over everything. I'm the exact same way and want to protect my kid from that.

• Loading the player...
    16 weeks

Nope and nope. No appointments til June

3) Cravings/symptoms?
    The whole cravings thing has been more or less wearing off for me. Main symptoms now are still bloating, breast tenderness and round ligament pain. 

4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I wish I could feel the baby moving but I can't. I feel like I'm missing out and it makes me paranoid even though I have no reason to be concerned. 

Has anyone found that "eat more small meals throughout the day" was terrible advice? I tried, and by day's end I was a huge bloated manatee, in such pain, and always hungry. I've found that a very light breakfast, and having either a hearty lunch or dinner (but not both!) works best for me in terms of keeping the gastro distress down. Anyone else find their own system for eating that helps? 

It's not exactly cheerful, but 'this too shall pass' helps me out a lot when I'm stressed out or anxious about something, which is pretty frequently. 
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker

• ) How far along are you? 15+6
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? next week!
    3) Cravings/symptoms? just this awful constipation 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? This cold is killing me. So over it.

Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Tourmalily ohh I forgot about the round ligament pain. Also, love that quote. It has gotten me through some very very tough, anxiety filled times too.
    @jess0211 FX your cold goes away soon :(

• 1) How far along are you? 15 + 4 :)
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I'm still only seeing my midwife monthly so my next appointment is in June. My bloodwork came back with some questionable thyroid levels but I have only one working thyroid so no surpise there (the other as a cyst on it, so the right side works twice as hard, meaning my levels are always a little off). Pregnancy has thrown the levels off a bit more so I need to find an ENT doctor. Wooohooo. :|
    3) Cravings/symptoms? *knocks on wood* the last two days have been so incredible compared to the last two months. Usually I have slight nausea in the morning and tension headaches ALL.DAY.LONG. On Sunday I couldn't leave my house. Just plopped around, in and out of sleep, binging "The Keepers" on netflix (10/10 SO GOOD). But I'm feeling good today so maybeeeee this is turning point?! Perhaps?! I even feel like EATING FOOD that isn't beige. 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Concerned about my thyroid but not enough to keep me up at night. A bit concerned that I have literally gained no weight, but I do have a bump and listen to baby's heartbeat LITERALLYEVERYDAY thanks to a friend who gave me her fetal doppler. 
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Anyone else lost weight/not gained anything yet? I'm not like a super thin person, btw. I'm usually around 158 to 162 and 5'6'', but nothing is changing on the scale. My body is though... so weird. To clarify the thyroid situation - I lean towards hypothyroidism (but barely, I've never had medication or even been considered for surgery).
    Currently in terms of pregnancy and motherhood: "good for her, not for me."
  • 1) How far along are you? 16+5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? last week - more bloodwork (still waiting for results) and got to listen to the heartbeat for a bit
    3) Cravings/symptoms? craving: cantaloupe - I can't stop eating it. Symptoms: still nauseous off and on, winded/dizzy very easily now and sore breasts all the time now, not fun.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? I'm with @Tourmalily ,I wish I could feel the baby move
    6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by? Live without regrets. Sure I do stupid things on occasion but I prefer to learn and move on than regret and dwell on things in the past

@jess0211 hope you get feeling better soon
  • 1) How far along are you? 14+6
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? None till June 6th. *Potential TW* Our 12 week scan was perfect, however our genetic testing came back suspicious for Trisomy 18 last Monday. I've basically been a mess the past week (hence me being MIA on here). My Ob said it was not a confiramtory diagnosis and they've had multiple women with the same result have perfectly healthy babies, however they wanted me to do an amnio. After talking with DH and my Aunt & Uncle who had a Trisomy 18 baby who passed away, I've decided to see what my anatomy scan shows and go from there. My Aunt said they knew immediately with her something was wrong and our babe looked perfect at the last scan. I also used my ultrasound at work to sneak a peek and the baby had its hands extended then started sucking its thumb - seriously so cute and made me feel better (Tri 18 babies typically have closed fists at all times). It's  been difficult and I range from wanting to detach from all things related to this pregnancy back to believing everything's fine. Terminating is not something we would consider and an amnio seems invasive at this point which is why we're waiting. Anyways, sorry for this long DD post! Its been hard but I just trust God knows what he's doing and pray everything will work out the way it should. *end TW*
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Craving all food. No real symptoms lately though, nice to feel human again.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? just on pins and needles till my next apt.
    6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by? The Serenity Prayer - especially lately!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @safinn21 that's such a stressful thing to go through. I truly hope your baby is just fine and this is a false scare <3

• 1) How far along are you? 15+1
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? No appointments until 6/22 when we get our anatomy scan and first ultrasound.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?  Craving fruit right now which is welcomed after all the carbs.  Feeling pretty good at this point.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?  I am really freaking out about gaining weight. I know it is necessary for baby but I have always had a hard time with body image in relation to weight and gaining for pregnancy has been especially hard.

5) Anything else you want to add/ask?  Not really.
    6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by? "Everything happens for a reason."  This is especially true for this entire pregnancy.  After dealing with infertility for 3 years, I found out that I was being laid off and finally had a BFP.  After finding/starting my new job that I wasn't that excited about, I find out that they will be offering 4 weeks 100% paid bonding in addition to the STD that is paid between 60 - 100%.  It is weird how things just work out.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lck101lck101 member
    @safinn21 Fingers crossed for you!

1) How far along are you? 13w5d
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Thursday! Really looking forward to it.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Cravings have really been bouncing around a lot, though I've been craving cake (like a grocery store cake with white icing) for a few weeks now...might have to do something about that one. I'm generally feeling good except I've started to have frequent headaches and RLP.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Booked a getaway with my husband to an inn in the mountains with no TV or wifi and CAN'T WAIT. Just want peace and quiet and pretty things to look at.
    6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by? Not so much a quote, but I find myself repeating "Let it go!" quite frequently in my head these days. Just don't have the time or energy to dwell on stupid stuff or drama right now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @britduhr - I'm in the same boat. I am 5'4", and was 155 pre pregnancy (trying to tone up). I lost 7lbs the first trimester and have not yet gained anything. Not that I want to gain a lot, but I want to make sure I am on a healthy track. I eat until satisfied (hopefully not stuffed), and have a small snack when I am either hungry or have a hungry headache (whether or not I feel hungry). 
  • 1) How far along are you?  16w 4d 
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Yes! Was worried cause the doc couldn't find the heart beat at first but lil bit was just hiding and actually kicked at the dopler when found lol
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    No cravings really except for burgers any burgers as long as I don't have to make them. Only symptom is still feel nauseated during the day on and off but mostly when I first wake up.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I hate allergies! I can't breathe half the time and all it does it make the nausea worse! Also concerned about if lil bit is alright, I got the blood screening test thing done at my appointment and have to wait till June to know the results but hey it'll also be the first time we get to see baby and also probably get to know if lil bit is a girl or boy.
    Has anyone else decided on the name for their lil one? My husband and I have decided on Riley Jean so we've started calling lil bit by it's name
    6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by? Soooo many! But one of my top favorites is by Dr. Susse "I have heard there are troubles of more then one kind, some come from ahead, some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see now my troubles are going to have trouble with me."
  • @mrsrundmc I am feeling the same way about weight gain.  I am on the scale almost daily, finding myself worrying about how much I should be gaining. I've always been tiny so this is a struggle, even though I know it's necessary. DH doesn't understand either and gets mad at me when I want to discuss it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsrundmc @jess0211 same. I stopped stepping on the scale because I need to not worry about it and am just making sure I eat slower and stop when I am full. This is the trimester where weight gain is normal and should happen, but it's hard to succumb to it. Plus I get annoyed at doctor weigh-ins anyway because they keep weighing me with a full bladder and I think that's unfair lol

• @britduhr I'm a SAHM but I was reading this thread and I had the same situation last time. I was a similar weight to begin, and just kept eating when I was hungry, and I didn't gain anything unió 20 w. I gained 25 overall and had a healthy baby and healthy pregnancy!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge it is unfair! Or they weigh me when I am super constipated. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    edited May 2017
    All the women having a difficult time with the gaining weight aspect, I totally get you. But I also am worried that I'm not gaining enough? This is ridiculous. We don't own a scale because it's not good for my mental health. 

1) How far along are you?
    16 weeks 
    None until next Monday 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Craving but not having redbull.  I'm not sure if I'm craving it or if I'm just eating a lot of McDonald's and drinking a ton of pop. . . I find myself craving chocolate pudding and other sweets then occasionally chips. 
    Symptoms wise I'm just so exhausted 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    DH is annoying. He is not doing anything in particular. . . He's just annoying. 
    Nope
    "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" -jk Rowling. 
    Our family (like my DH and stepchildren) has just been through a shit storm and my family (as in my parents and brother) has just fallen apart as well so trying to focus on the positives in life has been hard, but sinking into depression is a lot harder. 

Eta: @safinn21  FX for you!
  • car1acar1a member
    1) How far along are you? 15+4
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Just a health check through work where they checked blood and BP - all was great. Got our results back last week from our NIPT - low-risk girl!
    3) Cravings/symptoms? I've generally been well, but have had cramps yesterday and this morning which seem "normal" but are still concerning to me. Definitely AF-like cramps, don't think I've experienced RLP yet. They've been mild and no bleeding, so I'm trying to maintain my sanity but it's not simple.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Anyone cramping around week 15-16? Like dull cramps, lasting longer than just a moment?
    6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by? One that I keep up at work: "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume, or "A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying." - BF Skinner
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • car1acar1a member
    @DuchessOfCambridge Good to hear that you got the maternity leave you asked for - is it the WFH two days/week after your leave is officially "over"?
    @britduhr I'm still generally down 4lbs and it fluctuates up and down but I'm not concerned - I know that I'll start gaining as the baby grows. I agree with everyone else that it can get hard to look at the scale even though we "know" weight gain is good and normal. I pre-defensively told the Dr last time that I haven't gone to the bathroom in 4 days even though she wasn't about to comment on my weight or anything.
    @safinn21 It sounds like you are trying to maintain a positive attitude about things - FX that you can get some more information soon!
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • @curiousfool1 wow I can see why that would cause you to be nervous with work. That said,  I think (hope) that of you announce it with confidence and a leave plan in mind they will be accepting and supportive.  Have you talked to your doc about your weight concerns? 

@DuchessOfCambridge glad you got what you wanted for leave! Also,  tuna melts are my favorite right now 

@Tourmalily it's still early to feel baby move. I am 16 weeks tomorrow and can't decide if I have or not.  A midwife I work with said to lay on your belly and you're more likely to feel it

@safinn21 I am glad you posted as I've been thinking about you! You've been in my thoughts and I am pulling so hard for you and your LO!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @car1a I get random cramping still. Congrats on good nipt results!

Pregnancy Ticker
    16weeks
    Glucose tolerance test was monday. Do not handle blood tests well. Fasted from 9 pm appt at 8:40 had to have blood drawn 3 time an hour apart and I think the worst bit was that drink . And knowing this is an early detection GD  test as my sugar came back slightly high the first blood I had done because I wasn't fasting but they did full blood anyway since I'd never had a blood test before
  • This thing cuts my posts off all the time . 
    And I can't always remember or be bothered retyping what I had so screw it Noone really cares any way and somehow putting it down even if no one reads it gets it out of me so I can focus elsewhere 

Technology pisses me off 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    @car1a yes to the cramps and aches just chillin and staying as long as they please. Thought maybe my definition of flutters was different than everyone else's, but pretty sure my uterus is just strerching . Apparently there's like a full cup of antibiotic fluid in there now. 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    Also @foxairt literally nothing grinds my gears like the bump app..it's the worst 
  • @jess0211- Thanks.  No, I haven't yet talked to the doc. My last appt was at week 12.  At that point, I had lost some but was still not at the "should I be gaining" concern point. My next appt is June 6 and I'll definitely ask then if I am still not gaining. 

To the poster asking about cramping, yes. Me too. I chalked it up to uterine growth as the cramping was not sustained for long periods of time. I also started to feel shooting, sharp pains in my breasts. My best friend (who just had her first) said that was milk duct growth. Guess my run of staying in my pre-pregnancy clothes and bras is coming to an end soon. 
  • Carito8Carito8 member
    Hi all! I have to apologize, because maybe you don't remember me, but I kind of left the board about 7-8 weeks ago. I was too overwhelmed by it, to be honest. I guess also by my pregnancy, in general and it was better for me to be away from all of the information coming my way all at once. I am feeling much better now, and really enjoying my pregnancy, so I feel like I can finally be a positive contributor to this board. Hope this makes sense? Again, I feel bad for disappearing and suddenly reappearing, but I needed that time away. :) I'm happy to see many familiar usernames! And that all of your pregnancies are progressing nicely. 

@safinn21 So sorry to hear you are going through this! Keep us updated. Fingers crossed for you and your baby. 

1) How far along are you? 15w 3d
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Nope, in a week and a half! But we got the results back last week from all of our tests a couple of weeks ago and we found out we are having a baby boy! My husband had tears in his eyes. I know he would have been just as happy with a girl, but he suddenly lost his own dad when he was 9 years old, and I think there was something beautiful in that he will again be a part of a father/son relationship. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Fresh fruit, popsicles! I ordered popsicle mold and started making fresh fruit and yoghurt popsicles for myself. Guilt free dessert! 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Concern - I'm low-risk for preeclampsia. :( So two doctors have now recommended that I take low dosage aspirin. This really had me down at first, because I wanted to take as little medication during my pregnancy as possible. But I've come to realize that it is better for my child at this point if I follow doctor's orders. Rant - I announced at work last week, and it is unbelievable how many people already have an opinion on what I eat! I even had a male co-worker (who is normally a creeper anyway) tell me that it will be interesting to see how my body changes in the next few months, and that I should be careful because some of our colleagues who had babies recently let themselves go. Ugh. My MIL has also not been easy. She asked me to get up in front of extended family and turn around and show them how big I was getting from behind. What is it with people? End rant. 
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? No, other than I am happy to be back! 
    6) GTKY: Do you have any favorite quotes you live by? Not all those who wander are lost. I love where I am personally, but career wise I am not where I thought I would be because I was definitely confused in my 20's. But then, I had experiences in my 20's I would never have had if I had followed a traditional career path. Those experiences led me to meet my husband and live where I do, so I am a happy camper in the end. 
  • Carito8 said:
    *snip*
     Rant - I announced at work last week, and it is unbelievable how many people already have an opinion on what I eat! I even had a male co-worker (who is normally a creeper anyway) tell me that it will be interesting to see how my body changes in the next few months, and that I should be careful because some of our colleagues who had babies recently let themselves go. Ugh.
    Screw this guy. Seriously. I would have stuffed five cookies in my face in front of him (since punching isn't allowed).

Also I remember you! Welcome back, glad you're feeling better :)