November 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 5/22

Who has something going on this week?

Re: Weekly Appointments 5/22

• I don't actually have an appointment this week, I'm just waiting on a phone call to schedule my ultrasound. I couldn't schedule after my appointment last Thursday because it will be done at another clinic. I hate waiting for phone calls. 
  • @ooodalollly I hope they call you soon! I agree that waiting for phone calls suck. They always seem to call back at an inconvenient time, huh?

AFM: H and I want to do follow up testing after our first tri screening results came back with a 1:70 risk of Down's. My OB believes my bloodwork is more likely indicative of a placental/vascular issue and pre-e risk factors than chromosomal ones, but H and I want some more clarity. We have a genetic counselor appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping we can get cell-free testing done tomorrow as well. H and I talked about it, and we're willing to pay OOP if necessary to try and avoid any invasive testing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Me. This will probably been the most boring appt yet. 16 weeks with the regular OB. No Us/blood draws/or anything fun! lol Just weight and BP. Dh is going which also seals the deal that nothing much will happen! lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • KLink15KLink15 member
    Appointment this morning went well. Baby is healthy at 155bpm. I am down 10lbs since first visit but doctor isn't too worried due to me having been heavy to begin with and having morning sickness non stop. I can do my anatomy scan in 7 weeks! Yay

• I had my regular monthly OB visit this morning. Doctor had a hard time finding the heartbeat with the Doppler. Took him a good 2-3 mins. I was terrified the entire time. Finally though, we heard that beautiful sound! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cwalker042 don't those 2 minutes feel like forever?! Glad all is well though!! 
  • I had my 16w today. Boring appointment is right, but I will take that anytime. Talked over some questions (I need to try to get more food down so I'm not losing weight), but my bp and baby's bpm were good! More blood drawn since I switched OBs a while ago and they noticed some that they do that my other OB apparently doesn't was missing. Anatomy scan in 4-ish weeks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • SRB130SRB130 member
    Had my 15w appointment today, nothing special I did the quad screening (I think) which was more blood work. Heart rate was great on the Doppler at 159. Going back in 4 weeks for the big anatomy screen!
  • I had my appt today with the dr I hate. DH was there and agreed that if we were not seeing the high risk doctor that we love so much, we would have to switch the regular OB! Anyways, as predicted it was the most boring appt ever. Not to mentioned we waited almost 1 hr to see the doc because he was in the hospital with a laboring mom! Our time with the doc was about 5 minutes! I have lost a total of 10 lbs but they do not care since I am overweight anyway. My BP was ok and the baby's HB was 156 so I am a happy momma! Anatomy scan will be in 4 weeks with the HR doctor which I am glad because they have better equipment it seems!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @cmessamore it was the longest 2 minutes of my life.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my first appointment with the high risk doctor yesterday. I had thought they were referring me to high risk because of my placenta covering my cervix but it was actually because I had my son 3 1/2 weeks early. So now I have to see the high risk doctor every other week for ultrasounds starting at 16 weeks on top of seeing the regular OB. If at any point my cervix is under 2 sonograms they will put me on immediate bedrest. They also limited me to 15 lbs for lifting. She wanted me to move to an indoor position with my job but it doesn't work like that with the post office.  I will be really surprised if my job does not find a way to fire me and at this point I really don't care.
  • @amber0529 that's so stressful! Does the post office have any kind of union? It's got to be illegal to fire you because you can't perform your job due to a medical condition. I know it's typically hard to prove you were fired because you're pregnant but I hope you have some kind of protection. That's just ludicrous.

• @QTAMum3 yay for a good scan!

I had mentioned maybe in FTM or Sat Check-In that I hadn't gotten the results of the blood test portion of the NT scan, so I finally sent a message through the portal the other day. Got a call yesterday that all is good, I just wouldn't be getting results until the second part of the screen was done too. Wish they hadn't told me I'd get results in a week then...but happy baby is doing great so far!

• @DuchessOfCambridge Yes, we have a union. They can't legally fire me for pregnancy restrictions but since I've only been there for a few months I don't qualify for any type of leave if I end up on bed rest so they don't have to hold my job for me. I already made sure the Union and my shop steward are aware of everything in case any issues arise. 
  • @amber0529 that's so much crap. I'm so sorry. I wish we took better care of our citizens. 

• lck101lck101 member
    Just had a check-up with my OB. Everything is looking good, though she had a hard time finding the heartbeat at first, which was a little nerve wracking. OB was giving it one more minute and then sending us for an ultrasound and then there it was! All good at 160 bpm. She said any baby moving around that much was definitely healthy. :)

I talked to her about my frequent headaches, the most common symptom I'm having now, and was reassured they're normal and could last another month or so. She gave me the go ahead to take tylenol as often as I need it (I was trying to hold off as much as possible).

Hope everyone is doing well...this week has been nuts so I haven't had time to post, let alone read what's going on!
    Pregnancy Ticker