Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Bachelorette 5/22

Okay, who else loves to love, loves to hate, or hates to love The Bachelor(ette)?? 

For those unaware, here are the bios: https://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/cast

Who do you think will get the first impression rose tonight? 

Re: Bachelorette 5/22

• Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    The bachelor/bachelorette is my guilty pleasure. I. Can't. Wait. 
    I'll have to see them in action to make a decision on who will get first impression. 

I just hope there's another shark this season. 

• Options
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette is a show I hate that I love lol I much prefer the Bachelor over the Bachelorette though because I can't stand how whiney the guys get. DH has hosted a Bachelor/ette bracket for the last couple of seasons. I do have to admit I watched Ben and Lauren's show and love the twins show. If it weren't for DH, I wouldn't watch it though. 

I don't think any of the guys this season are very attractive. Maybe one or two. And some of the bios are weird but I feel like it's like that every season. Just based on a bios (and looks) I think DeMario will be a top contender if not the winner. I based last seasons pick based on looks/bio and I was right so we'll see how that goes this season.

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @justkeepswimming8 DH is the reason I watch too! He's obsessed. We started watching because we listened to Grantland podcasts. Now we listen to the Ringer podcasts, and DH listens to some other ones on ESPN. I love the setup of the ABC/ESPN official Bach bracket. I wanted to create one for the Bump, but it turns out you can only have one username, and I already created mine, and it sort of has my name in it? So I decided against posting it here... but I'm flip flopping now...
  • Options
    @50wife did you watch the FB Live video chris harrison did? I think they're basically casting for crazies at this point. 

Also, @justkeepswimming8 @50wife did you hear they're doing a bachelor(ette) winter olympics in addition to bach in paradise this year???
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @doxiemoxie212 oh god no, I didn't see his fb video. I have a feeling I'm going to look that up at some point today though! 

Winter olympics??? Is that going to be like a challenge type show? 
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS IT IS MY DREAM TO KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN ON THE SHOW!!! Are you excited for them to start hocking stuff on instagram? 
  • Options
    @50Wife yes, i think so! Do you watch the challenge on mtv? (I do)
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @doxiemoxie212 yes and thats exactly what I was picturing. I don't watch paradise, I just can't get into it. But a challenge?? That I could probably watch 
  • Options
    @50Wife oommggg i love the challenge - are you watching the newest season, champs vs pros?
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212- Ask away!!!! I got all the details ;) 
    Blake just started his official insta and twitter and I was giggling about it. I have pictures of him from college where he's wearing popcorn boxes on his head. (sigh)
    Kenny is already pretty famous because he's a wrestler and Chippendale (yes...) so I know he already has some fans... but despite that he is down to earth. 
    When chatting the other day he was upset he didn't talk to Blake about knowing me. They were both close to John so that sort of broke my heart. I can't wait for tonight!!!
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    edited May 2017
    hahaha... here's a little baby Blake I just found on my 2004 FB album from Chiefs.

TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT kenny, the one who they originally had in his bio that he watched his ex bang another dude? but then ABC took it down after a day?? 
  • Options
    I love/hate The Bachelor franchise lol. I started watching a few Bachelors ago. I only watched half of Nick's season because I couldn't stand him. I don't usually like the Bachelorette as much as the Bachelor but I totally watch anyway! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 34
    Together: September 29, 2009
    DS: January 15, 2013
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace ....................wait, was that WITH your sister...? sorry, maybe tmi. 
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace sorry, I misread what it was before (https://theringer.com/best-and-worst-from-the-bachelorette-bios-abc-41d080a922cd); apparently kenny banged a girl while that girl's husband watched. But ABC took that stat down after the article on The Ringer went up. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 -- OMG so when I saw that in his bio I immediate texted my sister like "wtf???" and she never responded. I can't get a clear answer from either of them but honestly I am not too shocked? I doubt it was with my sister. She would never do that crap. :) 
    I was super shocked they posted that (ABC). And that alone makes me feel he won't last on the show. hahaha
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    Like... why would he say that?! 
    They are so right, ya know?
    He said that and then went on to gush about Makenzi.... like.... gross, dude. 
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace I have a lot of questions about how they fill out the questionnaires. Like, 1) are they actually writing down their answers themselves, or is this part of a 2-hour interview with producers, and the producers are then transcribing their answers (ie, do they remain cognizant of how they sound or do they lose themselves in the moment of joking around with producers). 2) Are they told this is for casting the show in general or specifically for Rachel (or whoever the main person is). 3) To what extent to producers re-write or truncate their answers. 
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace also, I think he DOES stick around because they took it down. I think they took it down like oh shit, he actually goes pretty far, we can't have this up there. 
  • Options
    Ooooh, Bachelorette thread!!! I've always loved watching the show to snark but only if I'm watching with someone else, so I was thrilled when DH agreed to start watching back during our "I will do pretty much anything you suggest" phase of dating.

I figured eventually he would get bored and stop watching, BUT he actually started listening to the Rose Buddies podcast (so good) and pretty soon he knew more about all the contestants and drama than I did! Now we both listen to the podcast and compete against each other in a league on the Rose Reckoner website...we can't wait for the new season to start!

Don't tell DH, but my top draft picks are Eric and Anthony.
  • Options
    @50Wife Please let there be a shark!

I hate to love this. I'm letting myself watch this season only if I exercise during half of each show.
  • Options
    I love the bachelor!  I don't have time to read bios but based on looks alone, I'm going with Kyle or DeMario!

@doxiemoxie212 Winter Olympics???

@garnetandgoldgrace oh wow!! That's crazy!! We will need more on them for sure!!
  • Options
    GODDAMMIT DANCING WITH THE STARS. This shit isn't on until 9?! I will not be able to stay awake lol. 
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
  • Options
    Are y'all on east coast time? I want to rant about the crazies in real time, but I don't want to spoil anything if we have west coasters. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212-- damn. Well now I need to ask them all your questions. ;) I can tell you that Blake is a personal trainer and dietician so they said "oh well, we already have a personal trainer on the show so you will have to have a different job.." But they didn't tell him what it was and then he found out it said "Aspiring drummer." 

He's been playing percussion for 15 years. How is that aspiring? They are making him out to be an idiot right off the bat. 
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace OMG see that's exactly the info I've been searching for. I hope he doesn't get a terrible edit. Chris Harrison in the FB live thing did say that they gave people weird jobs to make them more memorable (apparently the tickle monster is an attorney?) so fingers crossed it's not indicative of his edit. 
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace OMG. I always wonder who comes up with the professions. Some of them are so awful/embarrassing! 

I am East Coast time but 9 pm is my bedtime :D so I will have to catch up tomorrow. 
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - Just got off of a video chat with Kenny (and my niece) and he said he had to fill out a "600 page questionaire.." (I am sure he's exaggerating...) but they pick and choose from that. haha
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace oh man - did he explain the (as my husband puts it) cuckholding? 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 -- he said "Autumn, you know that was a REALLY long time ago in my life and it was queston 400 of 600." He said he actually held back the truth about what was really happening... which unfortunately I can't share. 
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace oh man - is he super excited the season is airing finally? I feel like it must be so nuts to have to wait so long for this thing you did to feel real. 
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace oh man, blake e keeps saying the word penis.... unfortunate.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 -- Yes. Except he was shopping in Walgreens when I called him hahahaha.

If John (Blake's friend ffrom college) was still alive he would punch him in the nuts for his intro. He's sooooo done. 
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    I will say these dudes look more attractive in motion. Really terrible pics in their bios. 
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace OH MAN I THINK I KNOW HOW HE GOT HIS JOB TITLE
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 who? Blake? lolllll He actually is an amazing drummer. Just a douche apparently on this show. Way to go, idiot.

TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Options
    I just got to say.... Adam Jr. is my favorite so far.

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Options
    @justkeepswimming8 adam jr is creepy AF

@garnetandgoldgrace the full marching band was v memorable tho