Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of 5/22

13»

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of 5/22

• Thats okay!  Hang in there @garnetgoldandgrace. It's nbd, there's just a learning curve like anything else ;)  but you're doing just fine. ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2017
    Thank you so much for the encouragement @doxiemoxie212 I will just keep tracking away :) 

@BusinessWife I can see why you get so many marriage proposals on here. You're awesome and super helpful :) 
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I thought I Ovulated around CD 13. I was using Kindara for charting and am sorry I did (it sucks) Because once I entered them into FF this morning, it's pretty clear I ovulated later on CD 17. Sigh. I will never stray from FF again. I'm not completely counting myself out because we did BD on CD15. I hope I get better with charting so I can offer some advice to others here. But I feel so out of the loop with remembering the rules. I also gave taking charge of your fertility to a friend and am regretting not keeping it. 
  • @meatball37. Yeah it's always tough with the open circles bc you never how how much stock to put in one temp or another.  If they were all solid, CD13s temp is above <i>5</i> of the previous 6 temps, with maaaaaybe CD9 being an outlier? But then they sort of just hover... they don't stay elevated or truly <i>SHIFT</i> till CD17.  Which is also where you start having solid circles.  I would say what's done is done, <i>que sera, sera</i> ;) but yeah.  I tried it, but never stuck with kindara either.

Can I ask why all the open circles at first?
  • @BusinessWife I need to read up more on the features of FF. I don't know the difference between solid vs. open circles. I just plunked the data in quickly from my BBT all at once after my chart on Kindara looked off to me. (I charted the old school way on pen and paper last year, but who has time for that? Insert emoji with hands thrown in air). I feel like kindara's chart is wider spread versus FF which is more condensed (easier to see a temperature shift IMO on FF). Thanks for responding :) Better luck next cycle for sure! 
  • @meatball37 open circles are almost always related to taking your temperature at a different time than what your "usual" is, but I think they can also be impacted by marking things as "sleep deprived" etc.
  • ^ I'm early in my charting (only the fourth day), but when I had a "drinking" and "sleep deprived" day it still gave me a solid circle with an unusually high temp. I suppose it could change though, but who knows.
  • @JennyColada did you put those in for the day you drank, or the day before you drank?
  • Ah I see. I have a LO who likes to get up in the middle of the night still and also work hospital shifts. So I imagine my circles will always be open. I do try and take my temp within the 3am-5am time frame, because usually I have three to four hours of sleep by then. 
  • @JennyColada did you put those in for the day you drank, or the day before you drank?
    The day I drank was "drinking", the day that I was sleep deprived I put "sleep deprived". But it could just be that there wasn't enough information for FF to decide that it's unusual.
  • pebbledampebbledam member
    edited May 2017
    Not that it really matters because we're not trying anymore this cycle, but if anyone wants to take a gander at my chart for funsies, here it is:

This is with the regular "advanced" interpretation.

This is with the "research" detection mode.

Disclaimer: I work nights which creates all the open circles. I have never been able to get a peak reading on the CBAD. In my last 3 cycles, I O'd on CD30, CD16, and CD31 confirmed with OPKs and/or temp shift. 

I'm mainly trying to figure out when I O'd and trying to put together the signs so that I can have a better idea going forward since relying on my temps isn't the best in my case. 

ETA Ovia thinks I O'd on CD25. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @pebbledam What is this "advanced" and "research detection" mode that you speak of? 
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    @JJMNO1616 Click "settings" in the upper right corner of FF, then "detection tuning". There are some links there explaining the differences. I only found it recently myself and realized when I used "FAM" instead of "advanced" (default setting) my O was put on a different day so it can make a difference. I can't use the "research" one b/c I don't have the paid version of FF, but it seems like a cool tool for people who have that. 
  • @vflux33 Wuuuuut. Ok, checking that out now! 
  • jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited May 2017
    @pebbledam I can see why you are confused by your temps. Do you have a relatively consistant LP? Just wondering if that may help you narrow down when O actually was... maybe once AF arrives (but hopefully it doesn't) your O day will become more obvious. I assume if you O'd CD24 then AF should be here any day now?

edited because I repeat myself
  • @JJMNO1616 - LP length for the past 3 cycles: 6 days (first cycle off BC), 13 days, and 10 days. I thought AF was going to be here last weekend, but now I don't have any AF symptoms. I guess I'll wait and see. 

@vflux33 - Thank you for explaining the different detection modes while I napped!
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam are you taking your temps orally or vaginally?
  • @pebbledam Well if you don't start within the next few days and your temp stays high I would pee on a stick! 
  • @doxiemoxie212 - Went back to oral temping this month. Vaginal temping didn't help reduce the temperature variation for me. Proof in the spoiler box. 

Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @JJMNO1616 - Ugghhh, I need to buy more. Lol. I used all my internet cheapies, so maybe I'll buy some more. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam Im sorry your chart feels like such a cluster this cycle.  I mean like jeez, so you're either 5dpo or... 15dpo???  Cray.  Fx you're totes in a way tho!  That would be amazing!!! Lol. Either that, or at least your cycles start to get better regulated moving forward... (((hugs)))