Baby Names

Girl name

We've pretty much decided on Anastasia Lily for our little girl that's due in a few week but I was thinking about adding Mae to honor my mom as well as my grandmother but I can't decide between Anastasia Lily-Mae or Anastasia Mae-Lily. Leaning towards the first option. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Re: Girl name

• Lily Mae but personally I wouldn't hyphenate 
  • NME44NME44 member
    Lily Mae
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp that dropping Lily and just doing Anastasia Mae is the best option. 
  • NME44 said:
    Adding: I always use the middle name spot to honor family. Lily Mae is cute but Anastasia Lily Mae is a mouthful and a bit sing-songy. So my honest opinion is I would drop the Lily if it has no significant meaning and just go with Anastasia Mae. 

But if your heart is set on Lily as well, then I stand by Lily Mae.
    This 100%
  • lm45678lm45678 member
    edited May 2017
    NME44 said:
    Adding: I always use the middle name spot to honor family. Lily Mae is cute but Anastasia Lily Mae is a mouthful and a bit sing-songy. So my honest opinion is I would drop the Lily if it has no significant meaning and just go with Anastasia Mae. 

But if your heart is set on Lily as well, then I stand by Lily Mae.
    Copying since I couldn't have said it any better
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Lily is for my grandma and Mae is for my mom. It's Anastasia that doesn't have personal meaning but I can't use Lily as a first name because my sister already "claimed" it which is ridiculous but not worth the uproar it would cause. I don't disagree with what you said about it being a mouthful though. 
  • cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited May 2017
    Anastasia Mae. No Lily. Let your sister honor your grandmother.
  • NME44NME44 member
    Lily is for my grandma and Mae is for my mom. It's Anastasia that doesn't have personal meaning but I can't use Lily as a first name because my sister already "claimed" it which is ridiculous but not worth the uproar it would cause. I don't disagree with what you said about it being a mouthful though. 
    Theoretically might you have more children in the future? You could always save Lily or Mae for a future child. 
  • She's 38, doesn't have kids and likely won't. Even if she does there's no guarantee she'll have a girl. I'll save Lily as a first name for her but I'm keeping it as a middle name. 
  • We plan on being done after this one but I guess it's possible we could have more. We have a 10 year old boy (my step-son), a 2 year old boy and now a girl due very soon. Plus we're in our mid 30s so yeah, not impossible but not likely. 
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I'll probably stick to just Lily as a middle name but I'm not totally sure yet. 
  • I would drop one of the names, Lily Mae sounds like a name on it`s own. I agree that those three together are a bit much. As for your sister claiming the name, I don`t subscribe to that, if you have a baby first you have dibs. I have a Lily and think it is a lovely first name. If you are set on using all three names, I would stick with Lily Mae.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• NME44NME44 member
    She doesn't have kids and she may never have them? I would probably talk to her about her "dibs." Even so, my husband has the same first name as his cousin, and he doesn't care. Shouldn't be a problem for a theoretical future cousin, I wouldn't think. Sorry this is so tough for you. If it comes right down to it, Anastasia Lily Mae is lovely. I understand wanting to honor the important people.
  • My daughter's full name is long but honestly when do you ever use middle names?? I feel their sole purpose is to honour loved ones. I say go for it and honour as many people as you want, it's not like the middle names will ever affect her in life negatively.