September 2017 Moms

TTGP grads | 18 may

How are things going with you?

Questions?

pregnancy GTKY: what are you most looking forward to about having a summer third tri?

NBR GTKY: what is your favourite popsicle flavour?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: TTGP grads | 18 may

• How are things going with you? Good! It's finally warm today and I wore a sundress without being cold. Yay!!

Questions? Anyone else on iron supplements? My midwife said it was standard here for second half of the pregnancy and I have not been great at taking them so far.... not sure if this constipation is related or not, but :neutral:

pregnancy GTKY: what are you most looking forward to about having a summer third tri? Not having to tie shoelaces!!! Being able to sit in a lake and eat popsicles all the time lol.

NBR GTKY: what is your favourite popsicle flavour? From standard flavours: lime, I think!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• How are things going with you? This have been good and pretty consistent. Haven't had an appointment in a couple weeks and still have another 2 weeks until the next. Feels strange because I had so many in the beginning. But it keeps the stress down. 

Questions? What kind of carriers are all you thinking of if you plan on baby wearing?

pregnancy GTKY: what are you most looking forward to about having a summer third tri? I'm not exactly looking forward to third tri in the summer because I don't wear shorts or dresses, and really dislike skirts although I am wearing one today. But I have been very thankful lately that I will be able to wear by Sanuk slingbacks's all summer long without having to worry about my ever growing swollen feet and ankles.  

NBR GTKY: what is your favourite popsicle flavour? Blue raspberry. What is blue raspberry anyways?!

• Loading the player...
  • @BigBadWolf12 I am not taking iron supplements but I do remember my MW telling me they will be checking my iron levels when I have my next glucose test at 28 weeks. I did start taking a Pre-Natal fiber supplemental for regularity and it has been a God-send!
  • @dogdisnylovr wayyyy tmi, but I "gave up" searched "constipation remedies", chugged water, and will try again later. ugh. never had this so bad before :# 

In terms of  carriers, we are going with stretchy wrap (moby or boba or something) for the first while and tula later. I miiiiight get the infant insert so we can use the tula earlier, but I haven't decided yet.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @dogdisnylovr  I was torn between the Tula and the Ergo 360.  We decided on the Ergo because a lot of my friends said their babies like being face out, which only the Ergo can do.  We also registered for the K’tan.  We'll see if I like it.

How are things going with you?  I've been feeling really great, overall.  The tailbone pain, when I have it, is awful and makes the first few steps of walking awkward if I've been sitting for a long time.  Luckily, it isn't an every day thing....yet.  

Questions?

pregnancy GTKY: what are you most looking forward to about having a summer third tri?
    I dunno, I've kind of been dreading the super hot weather in the third tri.  I don't tolerate heat well.  I guess the only thing is that inevitably my maternity leave will be in the fall, which I'm really looking forward to.  

Pineapple!  Popsicles have been my go-to this entire pregnancy, I always have 2-3 boxes on hand.  Right now we've got pineapple, watermelon and mango.  Yummmm.

Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @BigBadWolf12 the iron supplement can definitely cause constipation.  I was on one with DS.  I recommend stool softeners and blueberries! Always helped me. 

@dogdisnylovr I have a Moby from DS and LOVE it.  We used it non stop!  Much easier to tie then you'd think and way safer then you'd think also.

How are things going with you?

Going well the weather broke so I've been walking more and feeling it. But otherwise all is going well

Questions?

Truthfully- not looking forward to a summer third tri.  I guess the best thing is I can be outside moving more and swimming in my pool. 

cherry! 

• @jillibean0871 I chugged a bunch of water and it helped faster than I thought it might! yay! Side effect: I've peed every 10 minutes for the past hour :D  Glad to hear you like the Moby and that it's easier to tie than people make it sound. I've watched videos, and I'm like, really? how hard can that really be? but I haven't tried one in person yet.

Not sure if it was a good GTKY or not....so many people IRL have been like "ugh, summer pregnancy" and I'm like, really? will it be that bad? so I'm trying to fill my thoughts with good things about summer :D hoped to get some more ideas from you guys :P So far I have:
    - no stuffing swollen feet in boots
    - no bending down to lace up shoes/boots
    - no dealing with bulky jackets and coats
    - yay sundresses!
    - I'm a teacher, so I personally get summer off and am not taking courses or working this summer, so I can actually do nothing but eat popsicles and sit in the water if I want (if I had to work, maybe I'd be singing a different tune...)
    - no judgment on my "summer bod" or lack of (always lack of in my case :D )
    - can hide my newly postpartum body under sweaters and layers all fall/winter
    - newborn cuddles with blankets without being super hot (September here is not summer weather at all....if you live in the south though it might still be summer weather then, idk)
    - enough time to not be newly un-pregnant by next summer and hopefully be on my way back to normal

I think I had more but not thinking of them now. The main thing I'm worried about is shaving :D but I hope bending to shave once every few days (I'm blonde yay!) is better than bending to lace up shoes multiple times a day...here's wishing.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @BigBadWolf12  My prenatal already has iron, 150% of daily rec according to google.  Is there a reason the midwife wanted you to take more, like low iron?  I'm sorry, but summer pregnancy can be difficult!  I was in Baltimore when pregnant with DS, and a big part of it was the humidity.  It wasn't fun once I started swelling a lot, around 28w.  I'm planning on living at the 'beach' of a local state park lake all summer, and just floating away my weekends.  

@dogdisnylovr I'm looking at an Ergo360.  I have a K'tan that I ended up really not liking at all.  I have big boobs, and had a hard time getting DS in a good position, for whatever reason.  Something to consider is that once your child is older, they want to face forward, which is something that not every single carrier does.  

How are things going with you?  Not bad!  I'm coming back from having a high anxiety week last week, and feel pretty good now.  I'm surprised by the anxiety, as it was very minimal during my last pregnancy, even though I knew I was going to lose my job, have to move, etc, afterwards.  

We got DS a baby doll this past weekend, and are trying to teach him how to be nice to the baby- no throwing, hitting, rough grabs, etc.  He is actually really excited about it, which gives me hope!  He'll be 21m by the time this one is born, so how much he really understands.. I have no idea.  

Questions?  Any other STMs+ dealing with more pelvic/ pubic symphysis pain this time?  It hurts a lot earlier this time than it did with DS.  Some weeks are fine, some are miserable.

pregnancy GTKY: what are you most looking forward to about having a summer third tri?  LOL, not much!  I was 5-7m with DS during the summer, and that was enough for me.  7-9m is going to be brutal.

NBR GTKY: what is your favourite popsicle flavour?  Grape!  Cherry is a close second, though.

DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @coloradohiker no, she didn't say I had low iron... she was just like, "your blood work is all good, but we're going to start you on iron pills..don't worry though, it's standard practice here" and I didn't even think to remind her that I was on prenatals (which are NOT standard practice here...when I told her, she was like, ok, well, we recommend people get their vitamins by eating healthy... lol) I just checked and my prenatal has 50% if I remember to take both pills (its split into two doses..ugh), but FFThC all of second tri since I switched prenatals to the two dose one I often forget the second dose (always get one though)...the iron pills say if you have low iron to take two pills: one am and one pm but if you're pregnant with normal iron to just take one pill at night. My midwife said to take one pill at night (and I remember/do it mayyyyybe every other night since I started taking them a week ago?) idk.

I think most of it is related to me not drinking enough water the last couple days and not eating enough fruits and veggies :# I'll up my healthy foods intake and monitor.... thanks for reminding me that there's iron in prenatals though! I didn't even think to check!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• bnmort8bnmort8 member

How are things going with you? Everything is wonderful!! Just had our anomaly scan this pass Saturday and today at our appointment doctor says everything is perfect :)

Questions? How far along is everyone waiting till having maternity pics done?

pregnancy GTKY: what are you most looking forward to about having a summer third tri? I am most looking forward to maternity pictures and baby shower :) staying away from the heat as much as possible. Its only been in the high 80s last few days here and I cannot stand it lol

NBR GTKY: what is your favorite popsicle flavor? Strawberry is my go to with any flavors right now. Baby girl loves strawberry! strawberry has always been my fav popsicle or watermelon.

• @bnmort idk about maternity pics. I won't be doing professional ones, but DH and I might play around with the camera and tripod. Probably scattered throughout our summer holidays: in Canada from 28-32 weeks ish and then in Norway with DH's family (his dad is pretty into photography AND documenting family milestones) at 33 weeks, so I'm sure we'll get some awesome ones there too :) I hadn't actually thought about it til you mentioned it, but now I'm super excited :D 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• bnmort8bnmort8 member
    @MrsVP614 I registered at Target. I love it! They are not over priced and you get a free baby gift if you visit your local Target with coupons and much more. I also like the fact that they give you 10% off items not bought after baby shower :)