August 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 5/18

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 5/18

• Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks! 

How big is baby? Bunch of bananas or lettuce

Upcoming appointments this week? Monday, glucose test! 

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm definitely feeling braxton hicks! Also, with my pregnancy pillow, getting up is near impossible! The opening goes to the middle of the bed, so it's like getting out of a contraption to go pee in the middle of the night. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 1 more week left in the second tri! Can't wait for the third trimester to start! I completely avoided alcohol. I heard if you want to have something to drink, it's best to  wait till the 3rd tri. Out of curiosity, Is anyone planning on reintroducing alcohol to their body? I'm thinking maybe half a glass a week (if that much). 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)? I'm the youngest of five. I have three older brothers, and a twin sister (who's 1 minute older). My sister and I are alike.I'm close to one of my brothers too. They're all excited, this is the first baby of the family, they'll all be uncles and aunts! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Acorn squash. 

Upcoming appointments this week? Monday! 

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new per se. Right now I have an odd side stitch on my left side. I didn't go to the gym yesterday, only walked, and I'm only just sitting at my desk now so I'm debating calling a nurse. The baby is moving around right now and maybe it's just residual pulled muscle from Monday's workout, or maybe it's uneven stretching (round ligament type pain?), but it's annoying and different. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? So funny- DH tries to feel the baby move, especially lately because she's been making my stomach move. He keeps missing it. The other night he laid his face right on my bump, right where I told him she was being active. We were like, "kick daddy in the face, Baby!" and she did! Haha. 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)? I have one sister, older by 3 years. She and her husband are childfree by choice but she's beyond excited to have a blood-relation niece on the way (her husband's siblings have several kids). They will be our baby's Godparents and guardians in case anything happens to me/DH.

We're similar in both interests, talent level/intellect, all that stuff on paper- but our personalities couldn't be more different and it caused a lot of strife growing up. We've gotten along better as adults but spending more than 48 hours in each other's company usually results in a fight. We even get into fights over text/e-mail/FB messenger. To be honest, my relationship with my sister is one of many reasons I want just one child. A lot of people do believe that children "should have siblings" but I know first hand having a sibling is not a guarantee of companionship. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jacksonbears re: alcohol. I'm not reintroducing alcohol per se. If DH has an occasional glass I'll take one sip to wet my palate but that's it. Over my birthday weekend I had literally two ounces of wine and had visions of it going straight through the umbilical cord to Baby (I know that's not really how the plumbing works, haha) and felt guilty! So given that feeling I had I won't be having anything more than the rare sip until after she's born. 
    To each their own for sure. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 25 weeks

How big is baby? Rutabagas

Upcoming appointments this week? had an appointment on Monday, next one isn't until the 29th  

Any new symptoms or changes? My stomach is running out of room and while my appetite has increased, I can't eat a whole lot without feeling pain  

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm feeling tired all the time.  DS has recently gotten on an early morning waking schedule and it's slowly killing me. 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)? I am the youngest of three, older sister and brother.  We all have similar beliefs and get along well, now that we are adults.  Our personalities and interests are completely different though. 

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @jacksonbears I had half a Guinness on St. Patty's day and it just wasn't worth it. I felt guilty about drinking it and let's be honest, I really wanted to feel the alcohol so drinking one drink just isn't worth it. I take sips of DH's beers because I find it interesting to see how my tastes change when it comes to beer (being pregnant with DS made me like IPAs, which stuck after he was born) but I'm not going out of my way to have a whole drink.  I have a big gtg with a bunch of women from my first BMB and will basically be everyone's DD for the night. I could see nursing one drink all night at that time. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks!

How big is baby? Bunch of bananas

Upcoming appointments this week? Next Wednesday, I have an appointment and they said they'll do the glucose test then.

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm exhausted.  I need a noon nap every day.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I need to pee alllll the time.  The doctor and nurses always say drink lots of water, but it seems so impossible. If I drink even more water, I'll be camping out in the bathroom unable to leave the house.  I'm trying so hard to drink enough water.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)?  There are five of us.  Four of us grew up together and the fifth was a later addition and much younger at almost 13.  He put me directly in the middle.  Generally, all of us have mostly the same beliefs and moral base.  My mom has been pretty consistent there and I hope I can instill the same type of love, understanding and acceptance that she did with us.  Personality wise, all five of us are so different with underlying similarities.  My younger sister is probably the closest in sense of humor- she always gets it.

• Options

How far along are you?  29 wks

How big is baby? Acorn Squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one this morning. Everything looks good. I got super hot in the room after talking with the OB and had to lay down and the nurse brought me cold water. The OB came back in later and said for some reason two of the exam rooms were set to 75 degrees. Probably part of why I got so hot. Had my TDAP shot today too (after I cooled down).

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing all that new except I need to eat smaller amounts now. Belly feels heavier. I'm also tired and wanting a nap daily.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Had up to 75 mph winds yesterday afternoon. We were lucky to not have damage on our property. DD's plastic playhouse blew apart and all over the yard. She was really concerned about it.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)? I'm the youngest of four. My oldest sister is six years older and my brother/sister (twins) are three years older. I'm by far the most outgoing of us. Was the one going out all the time, dated lots, etc. My beliefs are also the most liberal of us but I'm still decently conservative. We are all Christians. I'm close to the twins and tolerate my oldest sister when needed. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @jacksonbears  I miss beer.  There isn't much better than a hot beach and a growler of Cape Cod Blonde in the summer.  But I don't think I'll re-introduce alcohol until after.  I think I would feel too guilty, but to each their own.  Dr. Sonja from HIMYM does say "Just a little bit."  I love that gif! @DeansGirl14  
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member

How far along are you? 28 weeks 

How big is baby? Size of a coconut

Upcoming appointments this week? I have my 28 week checkup today with one of the Drs in my OB's practice. Then I have an appointment with my endocrinologist.

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm getting tons of leg cramps. I can now feel Landon kick, especially when I take a shower or lay down. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? STM, was giving LO a bath for the first time scary? Did you feel like "I got this!" Or "what the hell am I doing?" I'm reading one of my parenting books and I'm really nervous, especially when it comes to washing his hair!

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)? I have 2 siblings. An older sister (she's 29 [2.5 years older]) and a younger brother (He's 13 [13 years younger]).  My siblings and I are vastly different. My brother is the rational one ( he has aspergers and has a brilliant mind) and my sister is the hot headed, nurturing/mom-like figure. We all kind of beat to our own drums and don't have too much in common. 

• Options

How far along are you? 

27 weeks. Some apps call this the third trimester (which make sense if you divide 40 by 3) not sure why the bump doesn't. 

How big is baby? 

Lettuce. 

I had one Monday. I need to complete my glucose test soon. I was going to do it this morning before work, but I woke up nauseous. (didn't want to risk throwing that stuff up)

My sinuses are swollen. I sound super nasal. I think this is when I started snoring last time. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

DS had his second birthday yesterday, I tried to keep it low key so I wouldn't be stressed. Our air stopped working and it was 86 and humid. ugh. 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)?

I had one older brother who passed away when we were teenagers. We had similar beliefs (conservative christians) & personalities (both outgoing, friendly, compassionate, driven) when growing up. However, we had different interests. 

• Options
    @tova24 I remember feeling overwhelmed about the first bath(s), trying to keep the umbilical cord dry and worrying about him pooping in the bath. It really isn't that big of a deal, just a gentle wipe down with a cloth about once a week.  The truly frightening thing is trimming nails. 
  • Options
    FeliciosityFeliciosity member
    edited May 2017

@jacksonbears I miss my wine, but I don't miss it enough to take any chances with my LO. I think that the alcohol during 3rd tri is a bit of a myth. My OB said there is ALWAYS a risk and that she would not recommend it. She's the one with the med degree, so I'll go with her advice I guess.

How far along are you? 

29 weeks

How big is baby? 

15.25 inches

Nope.

I got those infamous night time leg cramps I've heard so much about. Both my calves at different times, really early in the morning. Ouch. Startled me out of sleep. DH woke up when I gasped and he helped me rub them out. They have been sore all morning, as if I had been on a long bike ride. Trying to stretch them out when I can.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I think that LO might be starting to respond to me rubbing my belly. It's become a morning routine for me to wake up in bed and rub my belly a little to say "good morning". The last few days, LO has been quiet until I rub my belly, then he kicks. Might be wishful thinking, but it still warms my heart! Anyone else have experiences with your LOs responding to your touch/voice? Is that a thing?

I have two other siblings. I am the oldest. Brother is 1.5 years younger, and sister is 10 years younger (oops, mom wasn't supposed to be able to have kids anymore). My brother and I are very much alike in personality. Our sister is similar to us, except I would say she is much more of a social butterfly than we are. We are all Christians and hold to the same moral views. All three of us are also generally into geek culture. Good times with those two.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @taylormarie923 totally agree on trimming the nails! So many people told me to file them but how the heck do you file such tiny nails? Then someone else said to bite them off in my mouth. I stuck with clippers. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    morgy_beemorgy_bee member
    edited May 2017

How far along are you? 

29 weeks. I seriously cannot believe I'm almost at the 10 week countdown!!! 

How big is baby? 

Acorn squash or Barbie convertible

Tomorrow is my regular check up

Heartburn city 

Leg cramps that I seem to work out mostly in my sleep. I slightly wake up to flexing my feet. 

General discomfort due to the heavier abdomen 

Braxton hicks that make it hard to breathe

Rants/Raves/Questions?

My mom is recovering from a full knee replacement. I am her primary caregiver and it is exhausting. 

I'm the third out of 4 girls. It was a blessing and nightmare growing up with sisters close in age. We are all very similar yet very different. They are all rather quiet while I am bold/loud and a go getter. 

Edited because I wrote a frickin novel and the bump ate most of it...

• Options
    morgy_beemorgy_bee member
    edited May 2017
    @jacksonbears I have no interest in wine right now but I was craving beer so I got non-alcoholic and it hit the spot. I don't follow hardly any of the don't eat rules but I can't get past the guilt of drinking a glass of alcohol. 

@Feliciosity my boy is always the most active in the evening. Probably because I finally settle down and stop moving, but I like to believe it's because I'm laying in bed with my shirt up rubbing my belly and interacting. 

@tova24 I only actually bathe my newborn 1-2 times per week. I hit the hotspots in between. You will definitely get the hang of it quicker than you imagine. 

@taylormarie923 I always have my sister clip nails until 2-3 months old. It freaks me out! 
  • Options
    @morgy_bee hahaha Barbie convertible! With how active these babies get by 29 weeks you'd think she's driving one in my uterus. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @taylormarie923 I didn't even think about him pooping in the bath! When I found out I was having a boy, everyone told me to be afraid of getting peed on (I bought pee pee teepees to prevent this lol).
  • Options

How far along are you? 28wks

How big is baby? A coconut

Upcoming appointments this week?  Tomorrow, which might get switched to today because I'm not feeling great.

Any new symptoms or changes?  My OB might have me come in today instead of tomorrow because I'm having a lot of pelvic pain (my crotch is sensitive to the touch, feels like I'm bruised down there).  It could just be my muscles having enough of my hips dislocating, but they want to test me for preterm labor (FFN test).  Praying Baby is still good to camp out inside me for a bit longer :)

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Anyone had a FFN test done before?

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)?  I'm #3 of 5.  We're all between 30-23yrs old.  We're all very different people (personality wise) but are all Christians and actually attend the same church.  I think our personalities will continue to show their differences the way we raise our children.

• Options
    @tova24 they poop on everything!! The bath poops never seem to stop until they're potty trained too. Once they're older, it's  easy to scoop out with your hand real fast.  :s
  • Options
    @MrsPlatz I hope everything went well at your appointment. 
  • Options
    @tova24 they poop on everything!! The bath poops never seem to stop until they're potty trained too. Once they're older, it's  easy to scoop out with your hand real fast.  :s
    Warm water sure does help them relax and poop. Just expect it...

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @taylormarie923 Thanks, I'm going to go in the morning. I'm feeling quite a bit better tonight, so hoping it was just a random bad day. 
  • Options

@jacksonbears The heat will have me craving Blue Moon and grapefruit beer this Summer, but I'm gonna pass. I think it'd ultimately make me feel like crap. 

How far along are you? 25 weeks 

How big is baby? Popped bag of microwaved popcorn 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. GD test in 3 weeks. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Still battling allergies, and I no longer have control of my farts... which is pretty terrifying. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Raves: just got a heavenly prenatal massage, and 2 huge bags of maternity clothes passed around from co-workers. 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where do you land in the lineup? Are you similar to your siblings (personalities, beliefs, etc)? I have a little brother. We have a few things in common, but we're pretty different. DH has a younger sister and he's closer with her. We're hoping we're lucky enough to have one of each, like our families. 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    Kudlica27Kudlica27 member
    edited May 2017
    @tova24 - @bumpybump and @taylormarie923 are right, they will always poop in the tub. My toddler could have JUST pooped, and he still poops (a lot) in the tub!
  • Options
    @taylormarie923 Turns out baby's positioning is just painful.  He's sitting down low and kicking my cervix.  My OB said it's uncomfortable for anybody, but especially with all my hip dislocations, it's brutal.  But baby is good and I'm not at risk for preterm labor.  Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts!
  • Options
    MrsPlatz said:
    @taylormarie923 Turns out baby's positioning is just painful.  He's sitting down low and kicking my cervix.  My OB said it's uncomfortable for anybody, but especially with all my hip dislocations, it's brutal.  But baby is good and I'm not at risk for preterm labor.  Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts!
    Great news! 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @MrsPlatz I'm so glad to you aren't experiencing preterm labor. I'm so sorry for the pain. He your OB tell you if the pain will lessen when LO decides to reposition?

@taylormarie923 @bumpybump @Kudlica27
    How long did it take for you to get comfortable with all the poop? :smiley: got any good baby poop horror stories? 
  • Options
    @tova24I should get some relief once he moves, but my hips are pretty bad. OB is suggesting some kind of mobility assistance (like a walker or cane) to help me get through the next 3 months. 
  • Options
    @tova24 Poopy diapers never really bothered me. We used cloth so didn't have blowouts in those. But when we used disposables early on (before I healed fully from my csection) we had blowouts and those just suck! Liquid poop up the back and out the legs are no fun. Especially, when the clothes and whatever they're laying on are coated too. I hated bathtub poops. I got comfortable with it when she got potty trained and no longer pooped in the tub  :D

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump
    Wait... why are cloth diapers better for blow-outs than disposable? Inquiring minds! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I haven't done extensive testing on it but, cloth diapers have an elastic waistband (and at the legs too) which holds it in. Could you still have a blowout, yes. We luckily never did. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @bumpybump this poop journey sounds scary! 
  • Options
    tova24 said:
    @bumpybump this poop journey sounds scary! 
    There are much scarier things to deal with than poop when you're a parent. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    The poop blowouts!  It never happens at a convenient time either. You'll be at the grocery store or driving or have just swaddled them up perfectly and then bam, poop up to the neck. 

I remember one time I had laid him down on a white quilt I made right after bath and as I reached for his diaper and pjs, it just started coming. Luckily I got it all cleaned out and nothing stained.  Another memorable one was when my brother was visiting, DS was about 2 months old and we were giving him a bath. I had one of those infant tubs with a mesh sling and the poop just started coming. My brother freaked out, he still talks about it.  :D  Word of advice is buy a tub that can be easily cleaned. 

Oh also, no one prepared me for the initial muconium poops those first couple days. It's like trying to clean off tar. 
  • Options
    We had one minor blowout when DS was about a week old, that was it. He's never pooped in the bath or anything like that. 
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I second no blowouts in cloth diapers. And we don't have leaks. I have never had to change my LO (or his sheets) in the middle of the night! 

@tova24 I was a nanny before I became a teacher so the poop never bothered me. Best suggestion, try not to think about it. There's a few time I have thought about cleaning up puke and started to make me gag. Thankfully, newborn poop isn't as gross as massive toddler poop, so you get to ease into it. ;)  

• Options
    @tova24 I learned in my breastfeeding class that a breast-fed-only baby doesn't have stinky poops. The poops get smelly when they have formula and other foods later on. Something I didn't know. DH was relieved to hear that. He is scared-to-death of his first diaper change.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Feliciosity I wouldnt say the poop doesn't smell.  It definitely gets worse when you introduce food, but it's never pleasant. 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    Hold the phone. Poop doesn't smell!?!!
  • Options
    @tova24 @taylormarie923 That's what the L.C. said in the class. I was thinking it sounded a little odd.
    BabyFetus Ticker