Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 5/17

2»

Re: WTO Wednesday 5/17

• @sunniegrly I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with my response on Sat! I truly was only trying to be helpful, and I really am sorry if it caused you more pain instead. I hope I did not make you feel like I thought your emotional response was "wrong" - I was just trying to provide an alternate perspective because it sounded like you were not enjoying the emotional response you were having. My emotional response isn't "right" - it's just different. I know my version of support is not always everyone's cup of tea. I just hope you (and everyone else) can trust that I mean well, and that y'all will just tell me to STFU if I'm making things worse. 

And that sucks about CH - FF tried to give me CH for a few days ago yesterday, but I didn't believe him (I think of FF as a dude, is that weird?), and sure enough, he took them away today. Hugs.
  • Loading the player...
  • ladybugsamomladybugsamom member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks so much, everyone!

@purplg8r - tomorrow actually...  :smile:   I came across a forum on another site where other moms were discussing whether to keep their May 2012 LOs out for another year.  I never considered it before now.  He's enrolled in a charter school for this fall, but it's a traditional school with rows of wooden desks vs round tables.  They're required to write cursive and sit with their hands folded neatly at their desk.  This type of traditional education works for my older two; but my little guy just wants to run around and be a free-spirit.  Forcing him to do something that he doesn't want to do always ends badly.  I'm so nervous/stressed about how he's going to do in a formal classroom setting.... :neutral:

@elisek It's not a public school, its a charter school with a focus on traditional education.  Another friend mentioned the same thing so I'm now also considering moving him back into the public school system so we can take advantage of some of those resources.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ladybugsamom I taught kindergarten for 9 years and have now taught 1st for 3 years. This charter school--please don't take offense to this-- but I'm not a fan of the sound of it.  Cursive??  Are you sure?? Getting kindergarteners to write on the lines isn't even developmentally appropriate into the end of the year. Cursive is out of the question!  I'm also a big fan of flower tables or in my case, individual desks grouped in 4s & 5s with them rotating around the room for work centers. They need to be able to move & interact. I do think that just wanting to run around and be a free spirit might be an issue though because rules & routines do need to be followed. And while it's not what you want to hear, there are often times (not all) that young boys with late spring/summer birthdays are very immature and would do well with starting kindergarten a year later. They're more mature, their brains are more ready to learn, and they WANT to learn. This is certainly not always the case but it's definitely something to think about. 
  • @purplg8r Thank you for your input! I'm thankful for an educators perspective. About the school.... I'm not offended at all. Yes, I'm sure about the cursive which is why I'm NOT sure about this school!  The curriculum is accelerated so kindergarteners work at a 1st grade level. I just don't want to set him up for failure before we even get started. I'm considering waiting until next year more and more....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @SkilledSailor Your business sounds so much fun! I wish I was creative enough to do something like that. It's disappointing though when previous clients
    @Stargazer1lily Yuck, cat barf!
    @pebbledam FX you O soon!
    @doxiemoxie212 Hope you got all your cleaning done in time! I always leave it to the last minute too
    @kbamomma33 GL removing the wallpaper!
    @heatherdubrow Yay for last day of bcps!!!
    @vflux33 I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your sister. Has anyone talked to her about going to therapy?
    @Avrilmai *Hugs* I agree the wait and see is tough
    @ladybugsamom I agree with PP, it wouldn't hurt to talk to the local public school and see what kind of assistance they would be able to provide him
    @Mythril Yay for good lining. FX for you!
    @purplg8r Last year we found some signs for the basement if we ever get around to finishing it and putting in a bar. This year I'm really hoping to find an antique sewing machine end table like this:

Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    @elisek The goal is always to keep my sister off. the. internet. Stop the crazy! I'll have to check out your pizza pasta recipe. Although probably wait till I'm off this diet... New hikes are always a gamble. I'm impressed someone that young could do such a wide stream crossing. Hope your feet are happier now!

@KariAnn323 Funny you mention that because I just had a conversation with her 2 hours ago and got her to agree to check her insurance to see if it's covered. If nothing else, maybe her having someone paid to listen to her totally insane fears will take the pressure off me and my parents a bit (also mental health = good).
  • @ladybugsamom how is he academically?  And feel free to message me if you want!
  • elisekelisek member
    @vflux33 - my sister carried her across the creek! It definitely would have been too high for her :)

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018