Options

What my pregnant self is eating 5/15

13»

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 5/15

• Options
    @BayCamp EXCELLENT choice.

• Options
    KLink15KLink15 member
    In an attempt to curb my sugar intake, we removed all candy from that house that isn't the kids'. All of my chocolate is GONE, and my DH was very sweet and replaced some of it with sugar free options. So my pregnant self is eating a sugar free Russell Stover mint patty. I'm not sure if it tastes really good because it is or if I just desperately want it to taste good.
    I legitimately can't seem to eat sugar... The best I have been able to do was a fiber one brownie even the thought of sugar makes me nauseous. Apparently this kid doesnt like sweets, which is hard for their chocoholic mom
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg @mississippicatfish I've been craving Indian for weeks. I think that will have to be The next date DH and I go on. I've been wanting him to make a yummy curry dish he does in the crock pot but he refuses to break it out after may 1st and I don't make it as good as he does  :/
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco You must share the recipe! I LOVE curries but have never found a recipe to make at home that I love like a restaurant. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just ate some veggie sushi. (Mid morning snack!)  I don't eat any seafood so it was just cucumber, carrot and avocado but I haven't had it in years since I worked somewhere that had a sushi bar. It really hit the spot! 
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    @baycamp where do you even find these gifs . Like actually. 
  • Options
    @ariasbabyblog and @KLink15 this baby doesn't like sugar either. Best I've managed in the last few weeks wassome French toast with maple syrup and cream... and I had to folllow or up with eggs because the sugar was too much. I crave a lot of carbs though, but I'm trying to eat more healthy now that I'm not so sick. Lol I'm still scarfing the bread and pasta though.
  • Options
    @Perfectypo and @KLink15 I am a serious chocoholic with a deep and lasting love for all things sugary, but I am already .1 away from being pre-diabetic, I was borderline gestational diabetic with both of my boys, so I'm trying desperately to avoid at least the blatant sugar. My OB wants me to up the protein, but we are a largely vegetarian household and I am a lousy cook, so that isn't easy. I am also craving all the sugary things too, ice cream, chocolate milk, things with no redeeming value whatsoever. That I had to give up all my chocolate is killing me a little.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ariasbabyblog ugh  :( That is so not fun. Not being able to have chocolate plus having to up protein when you're mostly vegetarian does not sound easy or fun. And cravings are terrible if you can't have what you want.
  • Options
    liz4382liz4382 member
    @NYTino24 I ate sooooo many cool ranch Doritos this weekend. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited May 2017
    @liz4382 I am hoarding them in my car for a commuting snack so DH can't have any!  :smile:

Right now I am craving cinnamon and sugar on toast. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    DH went out and bought me yogurt covered cranberries today. Yuck. 
  • Options
    liz4382liz4382 member
    Also, I just had a bunch of m&ms. I blame all the chocoholics on this thread!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    bcashaw said:
    @baycamp where do you even find these gifs . Like actually. 
    Google. That one I googled "Cheesecake gif" and scrolled until one made me lol 
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    I tried to have a salad for dinner. I wasn't really hungry or craving anything so I figured it was a great time to choose healthy. I was wrong. It was gross. 
  • Options
    On that note, now that I don't get nauseous preparing food anymore, I had a salad for dinner too. But it was sooooo good. It's called a "Big Mac" Salad so that probably has something to do with it. But it's totally healthy. 
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    Salads are disappointing without feta. 
    1. I'm not eating it because pregnant. 
    2. We just ran out of the last of our Greece feta which means even if I were eating it I'd be stuck with supermarket feta which isn't the same. 
  • Options
    My dinner was two donuts and a beef samosa. Delicious but got me feeling like :neutral:

• Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    I'm so excited about my Cheesecake in the fridge, but I have to wait for the tiny tyrannt to go to bed so I don't have to share :-(

He's decided hes not sleeping until his daddy daddy gets home. They haven't seen each other in 2 days so I feel bad not letting him stay up an extra hour. But dang if that Cheesecake isn't screaming my name. 
  • Options
    Just had a bunch of Wendy's for dinner. But for lunch I made an amazing veggie chicken and rice soup that was sooooo good and I can't wait to get home and eat more before bed :) and some more of my homemade banana bread. I finally started being able to cook food without getting sick this week so I am loving all my homecooked food again! I love cooking usually and I have missed it. 
  • Options
    am+mommyam+mommy member
    edited May 2017
    @bannaners Same! Finally cooking real food again! Just thinking about banana bread is making me hungry! 

I made Philly style tomato pie for dinner. If you don't know what that is, it's like Sicilian pizza without the cheese and a hefty amount of thick sauce. SO amazingly good.
  • Options
    DH just got home from work and brought me a snack. It's midnight and I just ate two tacos from Jack in the Box. Dreading the heartburn that I know is coming but it was SO good.  :| I'm going to have to have some tums for dessert  :D
  • Options
    Not much..at least not real food. Bagels and cream cheese (I'm from Jersey so I keep stocking up on the good bagels and bringing them home with me), cream cheese sandwiches (yes literally bread with cream cheese), Tyson chicken nuggets (I'm clarifying cuz I can't stomach fried fast food nuggets, so I'm just microwaving my own), cup o noodles, watermelon, and then just snacks - pop tarts, granola bars, honey buns. It really sucks cuz I'm constantly hungry but the second I eat real food/make a meal I throw it up (even taking the tiniest portion)