Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk & Questions Week of 5/15

2»

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Week of 5/15

• Options
    @emcake. Yeah, could just be a slow rise... fx you see some more conclusive temps.  Any known reason cd12/13 were extra high?
  • Options
    emcakeemcake member
    I didn't sleep well on the 11th and 12th. I also had a drink on the 12th.  I figured that's why those temps are elevated

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emcake. Make sure they are marked "sleep deprived" / "drinking" or whatever in FF.  It should take that into account and not weigh them too heavily then ;)
  • Options
    adiratadirat member
    @eggplantface Regarding sleep but TW - pregnancy

[spoiler] When I was pregnant I had borderline hyperemesis gravidarum and took unisom, which is the active ingredient in diclegis for morning sickness. If you get the unisom that is doxylamine, it is not only safe for pregnancy, it will significantly help your morning sickness if you have any! As @50wife said benadryl is also safe for pregnancy, but unisom doxylamine is actively recommended. And that shit KNOCKS YOU OUT. I could only take it at night. [/spoiler] 

• Options
    @adirat Whoa, blowing my mind about the same ingredient in unisom and diclegis!

My friend is on diclegis, she hasn't mentioned if it makes her drowsy, I'll have to ask her. What a pain that something for morning sickness makes you tired! But I suppose being drowsy is preferable to throwing up all day.

I've taken sleep aids that contain the active ingredient in Benadryl but don't like the grogginess when I wake up. Unisom I like much better. Thanks for the tip!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    adiratadirat member
    @eggplantface My RE told me that doxylamine was originally created as an anti nausea drug, but it made people so tired that nobody wanted to use it. Hence repurposing as unisom for sleep. It's only because it's safe in pregnancy (especially compared to some of the other options) that it became the morning sickness treatment of choice. 

• Options
    @eggplantface aren't unisom, zzzquil, nyquil, tylenol pm and benadryl all the same active? Diphenhydramine? I used to do PR for zzzquil. I swear they're all the same, just different amounts and sometimes different additions (acetaminophen, etc)?
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I was all prepared to say no, Unisom is different because the chemical listed on the package is one I don't recognize, but according to the website most Unisoms use diphenhydramine and one uses doxylamine succinate. The package of Unisom I have is doxylamine succinate.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    This is all super interesting and now I'm extra happy that I asked. :D
  • Options
    @eggplantface oh that's interesting. I can't tolerate diphenhydramine; it leaves me basically high AF for like 5 days after it, no joke. Maybe at some point I'll try the other version - I struggle with insomnia.
  • Options
    adiratadirat member
    You have to check your unisom as @eggplantface said -- the unisom sleeptabs are the ones with doxylamine which is the same active ingredient as diclegis. I learned this because my insurance wanted me to pay $40/month for diclegis when unisom sleeptabs are like $6/month and a friend gave me a giant bottle of B6 for free. Doxylamine + B6 = diclegis so I saved myself a cool $32 per month. 

• Options
    adirat said:
    You have to check your unisom as @eggplantface said -- the unisom sleeptabs are the ones with doxylamine which is the same active ingredient as diclegis. I learned this because my insurance wanted me to pay $40/month for diclegis when unisom sleeptabs are like $6/month and a friend gave me a giant bottle of B6 for free. Doxylamine + B6 = diclegis so I saved myself a cool $32 per month. 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Ugh. So, I finally put on my big girl panties and went to the doctor to ask about BW for PCOS/other issues that cause longer/irregular cycles. 

She said that the criteria is two of three symptoms: (1) polycystic ovaries, (2) increased levels of androgens, and/or (3) irregular cycles. Based on that, she agreed with the doctor who diagnosed me years ago. She did agree to do the whole panel of blood work to see what is going on, and will also give me a copy to take to my naturopath. Now I just need to wait out this cycle so that I can go in on CD3. 

I don't think I'm at the point of joining the IF thread, the club (almost) no one wants to be a member of, but also am feeling jaded about the enthusiasm in the WTO thread, so this seemed like a safe place to post (apologies that it's a bit DD). 

Anyway - my actual question... other than the blood work, is there anything I should be asking or doing? 
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama - I'm really glad that you are getting BW done. I hope that it provides some answers. *hugs*

AFM, FF gave me CHs today and I don't know what to think. The only thing I have to add is that my OPK was nearly positive on CD20. I'm planning to upgrade to VIP next cycle so I can use its lightbox feature. 

Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    adiratadirat member
    @pebbledam What caused all your open circle temps the last several days?

• Options
    @adirat - I work nights. My charts are always full of open circles. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama Welcome to the club no one wants to join :( The thread is IF/Testing for a reason. You're totally welcome there to check-in with progress or just ask questions if that is better for you. I'm fighting the NIR PCOS right now with tons of dietary and exercise changes. Worth a try, right? I'd be happy to PM about it if you want all the gory details. Anywho, I'm happy that you're starting to get answers, but it sucks those answers aren't more positive. All the hugs your way <3
  • Options
    looeezelooeeze member
    Hey all! Apologies if this question is on the wrong thread. I think it's okay, since it's a TTC-related question, but am happy to be guided elsewhere. 

This cycle, I used the digital FR OPK-- the one that stops working after you get the YES. I started using it once a day (between 2-3pm) on CD5, like it said to do. On CD14, I took it a few hours earlier than usual cause I'd be in an important meeting at my normal time. It was a NO. On a hunch, I took it again later that night, around 8pm, and I got the YES. This was the first cycle I had tracked this way, so I have no other way of knowing when I typically O, except for the cramping I sometimes get. Last cycle, I used the non-digital ones for a few days and never got one where the line was as dark/darker. 

Here's the thing, and I feel so silly asking this: with all of the tests except the last one, I peed directly on the stick. With the YES one, I dipped in a cup-o-pee (why? I don't know. Wanted to add a little variety to my urination routine, I guess). I know the method doesn't really matter for the non-digitals, but because the FR one is supposed to save all your results to give a more accurate indication of surge, could I have given myself a false positive by changing up the method?

I guess I am just suspicious that my YES came on the test that had multiple differences from the other ones I had done. 

Sidenote: does talking/reading about peeing on sticks make anyone else feel like this?: 

• Options
    @looeeze I don't have experience with that specific type, but typically your "surge" that causes an OPK to turn positive doesn't last very long, so it's completely reasonable that it would be negative negative negative and then positive. 
  • Options

@looeeze Quick question: this is different than the ClearBlue Advanced OPK, right? It just says yes or no, it doesn't measure estrogen?

LH typically surges mid-morning so your first positive will usually come in the afternoon if you're using Wonfdos, so it's likely just a coincidence you happened to get a positive when you dipped it. It is also possible the negatives were caused by not enough urine on the test to register, but it's unlikely that this one is a false positive. It could just be a late positive if the others were false negatives from less urine. I'm not familiar with this test so I don't know exactly how it works, but I don't think it's measuring your LH level relative to previous levels. That's usually just the estrogen test. I think LH is just a "yes/no" line. But I may be wrong on that one.

I suggest getting the cheap Wondfos to test morning/afternoon after the digital positive so you know how long your surge lasts.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    looeezelooeeze member

@looeeze Quick question: this is different than the ClearBlue Advanced OPK, right? It just says yes or no, it doesn't measure estrogen?

LH typically surges mid-morning so your first positive will usually come in the afternoon if you're using Wonfdos, so it's likely just a coincidence you happened to get a positive when you dipped it. It is also possible the negatives were caused by not enough urine on the test to register, but it's unlikely that this one is a false positive. It could just be a late positive if the others were false negatives from less urine. I'm not familiar with this test so I don't know exactly how it works, but I don't think it's measuring your LH level relative to previous levels. That's usually just the estrogen test. I think LH is just a "yes/no" line. But I may be wrong on that one.

I suggest getting the cheap Wondfos to test morning/afternoon after the digital positive so you know how long your surge lasts.

I'm not sure- I've never used the ClearBlue. But you're right, it doesn't measure estrogen, just LH. It does say this on the website though: Digital Reader will remember your body's LH hormone level to detect the 24-36 hours when you are most likely to conceive. Which is why I think it asks you to start on CD5. 

I think next cycle, I'll just stick to peeing in the cup :)