July 2017 Moms
Options

Mother's Day *Sunday Ticker Change*

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Do you plan on having anyone extra (family, friend, post-partum doula) come help after the baby is born?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Mother's Day *Sunday Ticker Change*

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Happy Mothers Day, ladies!!! <3

How far along are you? 

33 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Celery or honeydew melon

No

Hemorrhoids. Horrific.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm slowing way down, and DH is stepping up, thankfully

GTKY: Do you plan on having anyone extra (family, friend, post-partum doula) come help after the baby is born?
    I'm super lucky with lots of help, I'm realizing. My midwife will make daily home visits for at least a week. And DH works a few nights/week so he will be home, otherwise. 
    My mother and MIL will fly in for 10 days, a couple days before my EDD. Hoping they're here for the birth so they can stay with DS. Then my parents will come for two weeks at the end of July, to help with DS while his daycare closes for two weeks. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    30 weeks!! 
    How big is baby? 
    Zucchini? 
    Nope. Haven't heard back from the dr's re gd test so I guess I'm fine? 
    Restless leg and cramping started and ugh it was so intense I couldn't stretch the right way to stop the cramp! 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    crazy to think I'm in the single digits now, this pregnancy is going by so quickly! 

my mom is coming to stay with us a day or two before my RCS to watch DD and will stay on a bit afterwards. Also a rant: As a result of a stupid and completely avoidable misunderstanding via text, my crazy brother bought tickets to fly out the day before the RCS and fly back out maybe 6 days after the RCS. So, basically here our last night as a family (granted my mom will be too but she's not intrusive like he is), while I'm in the hospital, won't be very helpful, and is just... crazy and weird. I know, I sound horrible. But he is, and he's a big reason why we were one and done for so long - like Chris rock once said, you just can't pick your family. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lph4248lph4248 member
    Happy Mother's Day too all of us moms and mothers-to-be! What an awesome day for a ticker change :)

How far along are you?
    32 weeks

How big is baby? Squash or jicama

Upcoming appointments this week? Yep, regular check-in

Any new symptoms or changes? I get lightheaded when I lay back in bed to read, but somehow sleeping (waking up) on my back is fine? Hm.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I love that we have so much information at our fingertips and can make informed decisions about baby gear, but man do I stress myself out. I feel like, as of 10 minutes ago, I have finally conquered the baby monitor and breast bump decisions, but it was a long, hard road getting here. #firstworldproblems

I don't think so. My parents are close by, but they are both still working and have their own stuff going on. My BIL did offer to come stay with us, but that would make me uncomfortable. I want to be able to strut around with my boobs out and not feel self-conscious or like I have to make conversation. I'd consider a PP doula if I feel like we're drowning though.

@satsumasandlemons I feel you with the restless legs and cramps. I've kind of gotten used to it =/

@virginiaunicorn11 Glad DH is stepping up... but sorry about the hemorrhoids :(
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    Happy Mother's Day, mamas!

How far along are you? 
    29 weeks

How big is baby? Acorn squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Same old

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH got me a massage gift card for Mother's Day and it was emailed to me last night at midnight from "the girls."  I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time trying to work out which group of friends it was from before I realized it was my own children *duh.*

My mom is coming out at 39 weeks to be here with DD when I give birth.  My dad will fly out after the baby comes and stay for a week and then my parents will leave together.  I have a great military spouse network here so I know there will be no shortage of freezer meals and play dates for DD- very thankful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    30 weeks.  Can't believe we are approaching single digit week countdown.

How big is baby? 
    Half of a large Cheesecake Factory cheesecake

physical therapy

Heartburn is unreal.  

Also I had shortness of breath yesterday while I was sitting at a desk working.  I thought I was having a panic attack.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Was up until 1:30 am working last night.  When I finally got to bed, the baby decided it was party time and was kicking up a storm.  It made it so hard to sleep for the next half hour or so.

Nope.  I just want DH there.  No one else.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    33 weeks today!

How big is baby? 
    Celery on 1 app, pineapple on another!

Not till 5/30

Just lots of contractions - boo

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    nope

GTKY: Do you plan on having anyone extra (family, friend, post-partum doula) come help after the baby is born? Didn't have anyone the 2 times before, and with #3 DH will be on summer break, so I think I'll be good!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    Happy Mothers Day!!

How far along are you? 

29 weeks

How big is baby? 
    acorn squash 

Thursday- growth u/s and measuring my c/s site. I've been warned that if it's as thin as they suspect I will be on bed rest. I'm trying not to pre panic about how impossible that would be with 2 other children at home.

She's flipped to head down instead of transverse so I can breathe easier and I'm not sure if it's related, but I have so much more energy since.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I finally caved and we have a housekeeping service coming Tuesday and then every other week through the summer. I just can't keep up and it's going to be worse after she's here. I feel guilty because I stay home but it's the last time in our lives we will have a newborn and I want to snuggle her without worrying about cleaning

No:( my family is not helpful, it's complicated with my husband's family. I don't even have a plan for when I'm in the hospital. I have close friends but one is having her first 3 weeks before, one has 2 children and is in the process of a big move, and the other is really crazy busy with work. I'm sure we will piece something together for at least the day if the c/s but once H is back to work I'm on my own with all 3 home for the summer. My girls are so sweet but I'm nervous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 let's talk about hemorrhoids.  What are you doing to try and get them down? 
  • Options
    @nikkiandchris is summer camp for the girls an option? Dd is in full time summer camp and school starts August, which is super helpful for us. 
  • Options
    Happy mother's day!!

How far along are you? 
    31 weeks

How big is baby? asparagus?

Upcoming appointments this week? nope

Any new symptoms or changes? nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: I was a reader at church yesterday, and went back to the rectory before mass. The priest asked me if I'd already had the baby. When I turned sideways to say, "Nope! 2 more months!" he looked genuinely shocked. Feeling pretty good right now lol!

Nope. DH is a SAHD, and we have 3 sets of grandparents and my sister who all live within 15 minutes of us. We plan to have DS in camp for the month of July, too.
  • Options
    nikkiandchrisnikkiandchris member
    edited May 2017
    @nikkiandchris is summer camp for the girls an option? Dd is in full time summer camp and school starts August, which is super helpful for us. 
    We are doing some (DD1 is until 2 and DD 2 is half day) but it's over 8/10 and school starts after Labor Day. I'm hoping I'm cleared to drive them by the time H has to be back at work. Luckily the baby will be a few weeks old by the time camp is out so hopefully we will get the hang of things by then. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Mother's Day!!

How far along are you? 
    33 weeks!

How big is baby? celery (I thought the baby was already celery before?) or a loaf of store bought bread

Upcoming appointments this week? None this week, OB next week

Any new symptoms or changes? I'll add insomnia to the growing list of discomforts...

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

I would like my mom to come. She helped my sister out a lot in the beginning with her first which she said was invaluable. I don't know if that'll end up happening, because of some other family stuff, unfortunately, but I'm hoping she'll come stay for a few days. One of my other sisters is trying to take some time off around my due date. She lives only half an hour away so that'll make her somewhat easily accessible. And I'm sure the in-laws will be around a lot. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    rnw2019rnw2019 member
    Happy mothers day everyone! I've been mia for a couple weeks trying to finish grad school. 

How far along are you?
    31 weeks!

How big is baby? Asian small-clawed otter, or bunch of asparagus 

Upcoming appointments this week? Not this week! Found out last week that baby is head-down and my glucose test results were normal. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I think I felt when the baby changed positions last weekend, and since then my lungs have felt more crowded. I feel like I have to sit really erect in order to breathe normally. Also I think I felt hiccups for the first time today!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave:
    last weekend we had two baby showers, one with friends and one at church. They were so much fun and people were super generous! Got some cute DIY onesies from friends. 
    Rant: In panic mode on my thesis. I've been having a lot of anxiety dreams about it. 

We are moving overseas after the baby is born, and H might have to leave even before the birth! So I will be relying on friends and maybe a postpartum doula for help. My mom and SIL are also planning on coming down to visit and help at some point. 
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    How far along are you? 
    30 Weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Zucchini 

Yes, Tuesday! 
    Back is sore again, waddling, slightly out of breath, increased hunger
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    none this week! 

Yeap! My mum will be coming to me (God willing) :)

Happy Mothers Day
    <3 
  • Options
    Dovahkiin_99Dovahkiin_99 member
    edited May 2017
    Happy Mother's Day! I've been MIA the past week due to my schedule and some stressful stuff that's come up, but I miss you guys and will try harder to participate over the next week!

How far along are you? 
    32 weeks!

How big is baby? I think it said a squash? 

Upcoming appointments this week? Prenatal class tomorrow, midwife Tuesday morning, dentist Tuesday night, prenatal/postpartum mental health group on Wednesday, and a float (sensory deprivation tank) on Friday. Another busy ass week for me. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Besides the ongoing crotch pain (thanks pubic symphysis), I'm also experiencing acid reflux on a nightly basis and starting to get leg cramps. I feel so done with pregnancy at this point.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm sick of people at work imitating my waddle! I know I'm big, I know I walk funny, I don't need to be reminded of it! Also I wish people at work would stop touching my belly. I'm starting to feel like a spectacle everywhere I go  :( 

This week coming up is my last week at work. I'm taking my annual leave and then my maternity leave. I'm very nervous about leaving my post at work, especially since my assistant just got accepted into law school and will be moving away in August. Our poor department is going to be rocked. 

(I accidentally posted in the Saturday Ticker Change thread and answered their question. I'm too lazy to change it) GTKY: What is your favourite sweet (candy or dessert)? I love cinnamon buns! So good! I also love greek yogurt...I could easily eat an entire container by myself in one sitting, but I do reluctantly exercise restraint. 

Edit: words
  • Options
    @Dovahkiin_99 I would kill for a warm cinnamon bun right now. 
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 let's talk about hemorrhoids.  What are you doing to try and get them down? 
    TMI warning:

I have some cream that my doctor prescribed that I am using twice a day. I'm doing baths at night. Walking less, carrying DS less, trying to just take it easy.
    I don't really understand what causes the flare ups, but they got BAD over the weekend. A friend sent me a crotch support belt, so I'm waiting on that and hoping it will help with general swelling down there. 
    Honestly, if this is as bad as it gets, I'm uncomfortable but can manage. What scares me is that labor with these things is going to make them worse, and I cannot even fathom what that means. It is pretty much the one and only thing worrying me about labor.

Are you dealing with this, too? Tips?
  • Options
    How far along are you? 30 (+1)

How big is baby? Zucchini. Or half a large Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. The second sounds much better.

Upcoming appointments this week? OB appointment and ultrasound tomorrow. Infant care class tonight

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My mom and I had a great beach weekend for mother's day. 

My parents lives in the same city, so my mom will be around to help a lot. My MIL will be flying in at some point, but I'm not really sure if that's going to be more helpful or stressful.
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 I had them throughout my last pregnancy and I think I cried almost everyday because they were so horrible. they did flare up towards the end, too, when I was trying to do lunges to help get baby out, I couldn't bounce on the yoga ball ever, sit on sinking parts of the couch, etc - anything and everything made it flare up 

what is your diet like, are you pooping on an at least semi regular basis? 

This is is what I do to keep them at bay: 
    - magnesium citrate every two days to get going 
    - stool softener
    - psyllium husk to keep things going 
    - as much fiber as possible (I've been a carb monster so this is kind of hard for me but the more carbs I eat the worse it gets) 
    - when I get even the slightest flare up, I mix a drop of frankincense, a drop of tea tree, two drops lavender into a tiny bit of jojoba oil in my hand and just apply it to the bum - I do this maybe 2-3 mornings and it's healed by then for sure 
    - I bought this back up Chinese hemorrhoid medicine off of amazon JUST IN CASE. I still haven't had to use, but it's there if I need it! 

Definitely try the EOs, its natural so you're not risking anything. I remember getting tons of rx for steroid creams etc for the hems and tucks pads etc and NOTHING. NO RELIEF. 

good luck and let me know if you have any questions! 

• Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    Have you ladies tried using Oxy Powder? If your doctors allow it... give it a try. 
  • Options
    oh want to add that I am not an EO Young Living person - in fact, I've held off on EOs because I'm so anti-pyramid schemes :)@virginiaunicorn11

• Options
    edited May 2017
    oh want to add that I am not an EO Young Living person - in fact, I've held off on EOs because I'm so anti-pyramid schemes :)@virginiaunicorn11

I'm not familiar with it. EO is a company, google tells me. Is it a specific cream you're suggesting, or you're saying use their oils for the combo that you made yourself? 

Thank you for all the tips!!

ETA: or is EO just essential oils? I'm so very clueless, sorry...!!
  • Options
    Yes, EO = essential oil! I bought mine at Whole Foods. 
  • Options
    I know I'm late. I'm Sorry. :(

How far along are you?  
    31 Weeks

How big is baby? As big as an Ostrich egg.

Upcoming appointments this week? I had one on Monday (the 15th) with an Ultrasound.

Any new symptoms or changes? Yes, I just had my first horrible round of heartburn tonight and I've been having contractions randomly during the past four days.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm still mad that my MIL ruined my Mother's Day by being a diva over my DD bedtime schedule. My DH got so mad that he was pretty quiet for almost 24 hours.

Nope. I'm just going to do what I did last time. Suck it up when I have to move, keep all the essentials in small stations around the house and in our bedroom. Our rolling bassinet and pack n' play saved me so much agony too.
    Baby Olivia Born October 28, 2015
    Baby Pumpkin Due July 17, 2017