July 2017 Moms

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• @kerils @Potterphile Understand what you both are saying.  Just for me, I plan to dress baby in a onsie, even if we were just hanging out at home.  But, FTM transitioning from working FT to SAHM so who knows...I could be eating my words and also be walking around sans pants all day.  :D
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Loading the player...
  • @mslynn2012 That is a HARD no. Not even messing around with that. No naked photos of the kids will even be taken, and if we find out they were, I won't even have to flip out. DH will, and he is not one to talk much, let alone yell at people, so that will be ten times scarier anyways. I'm sure he will ream out whoever decides to do that. Everyone who would even have a chance to take the photo will know this ahead of time, and hopefully that stops it from ever happening. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Yeah. So my UO is IDGAF if someone's kid is hanging out in just a diaper. At home. In a store. Who cares? 

I think I mostly don't judge because I've so been that Mom who's kid had an explosion and she'd run out of clean clothes in the diaper bag so we had no choice but to leave in nothing but a diaper. 
  • Yeah. So my UO is IDGAF if someone's kid is hanging out in just a diaper. At home. In a store. Who cares? 

I think I mostly don't judge because I've so been that Mom who's kid had an explosion and she'd run out of clean clothes in the diaper bag so we had no choice but to leave in nothing but a diaper. 
    Yepppp. 
  • DS2 wore an amber teething necklace because I was desperate for anything to help with the teething agony. Teething hell was making me lose my mind, and I would have done a voodoo magical dance to the teething gods if someone told me it would have a chance of helping. Thankfully, teething hell was avoided whenever he was wearing it. Does correlation mean causation? Absolutely not. But he didn't cry/drool while wearing it. I will credit the teething gods for their magical amber necklaces. Goooooo Science! 

I never understood how people could walk around without pants in the house....that is, until this pregnancy. Pants are the enemy. The moment I come into my bedroom I rip my pants off. I keep myself fully clothed around my older kids, but once I put them to bed, the pants gloriously come off. Along with the bra. Freedom! 
     But no, I like to keep my kids in at least a onesie, because I am a chronic overdresser. I overdress myself and my children all the time. It's 60 degrees outside? Well let's break out the sweaters/coats and perhaps the kids need gloves/hats. So my crazy overdressing mind would never think a child is warm enough in just a diaper....even if it's 85 degrees outside, because yeah...I'm a chronic overdresser. lol 

• @supermom83 This is how I imagine your kids  :D

Exactly!!! I love this movie and completely identified with that part of it. If my kids can bend their arms then my job is not done! 
  • yeah +1 to being pantless at home. I wear as little clothing as possible at home, even before being pregnant and even more so now.  I'll probably try to keep the baby in at least a onesie though.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @acstec1 Omg I'm the exact opposite. I hate thongs. I am just completely uncomfortable in them. I normally end up wearing bikinis or hipsters. Full on granny panties aren't that great either, but if I had to choose between the two I would 100% choose granny panties. 

That's a good would you rather/GTYK question: If you had to choose, would you pick granny panties or thongs? Maybe even go super extreme and say G-string thongs. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • AdaByron said:
    I don't think cloth diapers look cute on babies. If I thought I could manage the routine, I would CD for the environmental benefits, but I'm not a fan of all the different patterns and then leaving your baby pantsless to show them off. 
    We are CDing and all my covers are plain and I will always put my kids in - at least - a onsie.  UO, people that let their babies hang out in diapers all day (ie not even a onsie) are lazy.  Dress your kids, just like you'd dress yourself.  
    I don't let DD hang out in a diaper but on the rare occasions that I do, I think it's the cutest thing and I secretly wish she could just walk around like that all the time. 

My UO is that if you stop the microwave in the middle, clear the timer! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • acstec1acstec1 member
    @kerils That's too funny! I don't know why I blanked on the term "bikini cut"... but now that you mention, I also do not like the G-string cut at all because I feel like those tend to dig into me. I am obviously very picky about the shape of my underwear! 
  • I don't even own regular underwear. Thong or nothing. Gimme all the g strings! 
  • Thong by day, full-butt by night. 
    @Potterphile - you are my twin! I'm legit the same way. I can't wear thongs to bed. I have to change to regular undies. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • *stuck in a box*
    When I was living with just my husband, I would wear very little clothing around the house. Now that I am temporarily living with my mother (saving for a house), I always have to be fully clothed when I go downstairs and it is a pain. This week, I thought she had gone to work and came downstairs in my underwear. Then she came out of her bedroom! Luckily, I had clothes in the dryer and was able to put some pants on. Around my husband, I'm a nudist. Around everyone else, I am a prude. I wear "cheekies" that are not full coverage and boy briefs. 
  • Thong by day, full-butt by night. 
    samesies. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I use to wear thongs until several years ago I discovered boy shorts style and now have a zillion of those! Sexy and comfy!
  • @nikkiandchris my thighs rub together but when I'm at home I guess it doesn't bother me since I'm not doing a ton of walking. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• DcwtadaDcwtada member
    I love cheeky/cheeker panties! Little bit of support, little bit left to the imagination and if you are feeling frisky paired with some tight pants/skirt a panty line that is quite playful. DH is a goner. 

Otherwise I do regular bikini cut underwear. 
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    I am 100% team thong normally, but during this pregnancy all that I find comfortable are bikini cut or cheeky.
  • Cheekies just BECOME thongs in reality... those thighs you guys were talking about are attached to some serious asscheeks. They don't play.
  • No thanks to the butt floss. Give me bikini-cut, "grannies", or hi-rise. I'll be a happy camper. (Plus, who wants to feel like they have a wedgie all day?)
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • My parents were hippies and I think I was naked all the as as a young kid if it was warm enough.
    It wasn't a big deal to see my parents in some state of undress (never in a sexual way at all).
    As a teenager it was totally embarrassing but I think I have a healthier body image as a result.

I don't see anything wrong with babies/toddlers dressed only in daipers if they are too hot in clothes (as long as they aren't going to get sunburnt).

Social media is another story!
  • @LoveLee85 I've had zero sex drive since I got pregnant and it sucks!
    Now my cervix is short and we are both too scared to have sex - nothing like the fear of preterm labour to kill the mood! 
  • stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited May 2017
    @LoveLee85 *waves*  Still waiting for this magical burst in sex drive as well.  I suspect it's not gracing me (or my husband for that matter lol!) with its presence. 

@acstec1 Represent!  When I was a teenager I was very big on not seeing panty lines through pants so I very begrudgingly wore thongs.  As soon as I got home I would be out of them so freaking fast ... but over time I got used to them and it's ALL I wear now.  I'm very thankful that being pregnant hasn't prevented me from carrying on with my normal nether region wardrobe.  I'm also an avid tampon user so PP is going to be especially excruciating for me having to wear full-back underwear and massive pads.  Ugh.  As if carrying and birthing a baby wasn't enough ... *mumbles*fvcking*men*under*breath* 

I have also never felt like thongs are giving me a permanent wedgie ...   
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • I LOVE boy cut underwear. It is my absolute favorite. 

If it is just my husband and me at home, my bra comes off as soon as I enter the house. I put on my comphies and that's the end of it. I'll throw on a sports bra if I'm taking the dog outside.
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    Thongs with dresses, bikini-style with pants!

I can't do the boy-cut style. It is the least flattering thing for me since I carry my weight in my butt/thighs. Boy-cut just emphasizes that further.

Grown-up bras are for work or date nights. The rest of the time, I'm in some kind of bralette (it's got to have extra support though with pregnancy boobs). I've been living in Athleta light-support sports bras this pregnancy. 
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • nellin-2 said:
    @LoveLee85 I've had zero sex drive since I got pregnant and it sucks!
    Now my cervix is short and we are both too scared to have sex - nothing like the fear of preterm labour to kill the mood! 
    YES, mine is shorter than the doctor wants for months now...the few times we have, I had pain and contractions after. So no more. It does totally kill the mood. 
  • I got that second trimester burst, but sex is too much work these days. My husband and I have a foot height difference, so we can't get creative with positions. Plus, the awareness of the baby freaks him out big time. We have to power through it. 
  • I got that second trimester burst, but sex is too much work these days. My husband and I have a foot height difference, so we can't get creative with positions. Plus, the awareness of the baby freaks him out big time. We have to power through it. 
    DH had this issue with my first pregnancy! Second pregnancy and he's like what baby. 
  • +1 For bikinis.  And mine have to be 100% cotton.  I had a horrible *ahem* situation for a while that I finally figured out was due to thongs AND non-cotton underwear.  So cotton bikinis for me.

+1 on the chub-rub in the thighs.  I prefer to wear shorts under skirts and dresses...otherwise I have to rub deodorant and then put baby powder on my inner thighs.  I wear pants or shorts nearly all the time.

Also, I don't like bras with underwires, although if I can get around to going to a specialty shop, I might be able to find some that are correctly sized, and then don't hurt.