July 2017 Moms

LO's Coming Home from the Hospital Outfit

Re: LO's Coming Home from the Hospital Outfit

• I have no idea what our baby will come home in lol. We have a couple different gender neutral outfits packed in case it's super hot or super cold when baby comes home. We live in WI and so far mother nature can't make up her mind on the weather. 

We do know that before we leave the hospital, we are going to have baby baptized at the hospital in this outfit. 

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited June 2017
    @SaphireSweetie88 I'm in Green Bay and after the last two days I would be bringing our baby home in a plain onesie. So gross here. 
  • @BabyBump2  - Yeah it's been bad here too. I am in Milwaukee and Friday was beautiful, yesterday morning was rainy and a bit chilly but then got super warm in the afternoon and today was so hot it was just gross feeling. 
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited June 2017
    @SaphireSweetie88 yeah we had that really big storm (hail and 70mph winds) here last night and I was hoping it would make today cooler..nope, it was 90. Thankfully we're going up north Friday and it's only supposed to be in the 60s!

PS- the sky was green, so of course I thought tornado automatically. I have no idea how I'm an adult and can't make it through a storm. It's quite pathetic actually. 
  • @spongeworthy I am obsessed with that new animal collection from Carter's. I actually bought the onesie 5 pack that had it included (in the girls version though). SO CUTE. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • All the outfits are absolutely adorable!! I still don't have a coming home outfit. I think we have decided to go out and buy an outfit for each gender and return the one that we don't use after baby is born. I honestly haven't even looked for one. It will more than likely be something with little woodland creatures on it. OB is predicting a larger baby so that's another factor. Newborn or 0-3 months?? I've had 2 big baby's and one average weight. I'll probably end up with 4 outfits due to needing to get the right size. Which means I also can not wash them. I don't know what to do?? Maybe baby can come home in a cute onesie and swaddle blanket??
  • @SpongeWorthy i love the Ohio onesie!

Re: premie clothes- I accidentally shrunk a load of onesies so I think they are basically premie size now. Whoops.
  • @Poppyseed72017 I'm considering doing the same after this morning's appt. Little dude is already measuring at 4lbs 12oz and we're only 32 along. He's in the 73rd percentile for growth at this point and big babies run in my family. He may have more of my genes than my daughter. Lol. She was 5lbs 12oz when she was born at 37 weeks. I'm starting to wonder if he'll even fit in a newborn outfit when he's born. 
  • @PurplePoppy424 & @Poppyseed72017 - I had a growth scan at around 31-32 weeks and baby measured in the 97th percentile so we're expecting a bigger baby too. I have newborn outfits (team green) that I'm hoping to use, but am also taking 0-3. Two of the outfits are gowns, so that the size doesn't matter. I debated not washing them first since baby won't be in them very long bc we live right by the hospital, so if it doesn't fit perfect, we can change right when we get home. I went ahead and washed them all though. 
  • @ginger1228 Yeah, to be realistic, that's probably what I'm going to end up doing too. I really love the newborn outfit I bought, but I do need to have a back up plan in case he is that much bigger. 
  • @PurplePoppy424 I love my newborn outfits sooo much too! I should have just got it in both sizes. I actually can't remember why I didn't do that in the first place. I think I bought it before I knew baby was expected to be big. 
  • @PurplePoppy424 LO was maeasuring at 5lbs 4oz at my 32 week ultrasound. Lord help me. My biggest was DS1 9lbs 3oz and 21in long, smallest DS2 7lbs 3oz & 21in long. I'm currently 35w and change. If LO is around 9lbs I'll more than likely need 0-3. 
  • @Poppyseed72017 and @ginger1228 Maybe we should start a big baby check in! 
  • @Poppyseed72017 and @ginger1228 Maybe we should start a big baby check in! 
    Sounds like a good idea to me! I have some anxiety knowing this baby will be big. With my other big babies I didn't know until after birth. It would be nice to have a place to share some of our concerns and maybe find some peace of mind together. 
  • Count me in the big baby camp! DS was 8.5 lbs and 21.7 inches. My OB and midwife are both predicting a bigger baby this time, too. 
  • Big baby check in sounds great!!!
  • Count me into the big baby camp! My LO was measuring 4 lbs and at least 16 inches at 30.5 weeks. FTM, so I haven't had any other babies, but I think this LO is coming out at least 9. I've pretty much given up on newborn sizes. I'm kind of hoping for a delivery on this side of 40 weeks, because the longer he's in there the bigger he gets....  but ya know, as long as he needs to be ready. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I'm still confused about what to expect. I only know my percentile from the 20 week scan. That's it. And I have no idea what it means weight/ size wise. Baby was 52 percentile at that time and no idea about now. 
  • @BusyZee Being in the 50th percentile means that baby would be right in the middle of the average. So if the range is 5.8-8.5 (forgive my math) you'll probably have an average sized baby at around 7ish pounds. If LO stayed on that projectile that is. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited June 2017
    BusyZee said:
    I'm still confused about what to expect. I only know my percentile from the 20 week scan. That's it. And I have no idea what it means weight/ size wise. Baby was 52 percentile at that time and no idea about now. 

I hope your baby stays there for your sake! :)

I don't remember them saying a percentile at my 20 week scan. I think baby was close to 3lbs. I just realized I didn't write it down like I do everything else!
    At 31-32 weeks baby was almost 5lbs. I'm hoping baby is on the lesser end of the margin of error!

edited bc I posted too soon
  • Looks like lots of us are in the big baby club! What day should we do the checkin?
  • BusyZee said:
    @LoveLee85 love love love kissy kissy outfits:) 
    They are the best! I really love your far left, sweet pea one. 
  • @BabyBump2 - Enjoy the cooler temp!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @virginiaunicorn11 - I agree with what you've said here. I mean, I'm still nervous baby is going to be big and OUCH, but I'm also tying to remember the margin of error of those scans. 
    My dr hasn't made a big deal out of it either so that helps. No concerns for a c-section or anything like that just bc one scan said baby might be big. 
  • XathXath member
    I agree @virginiaunicorn11.  US weight estimates are based on head circumference and femur length.  DS1 was breach and estimated to be 10+ lbs so they recommended against trying to flip him. (It turns out it wouldn't have worked for other reasons but size wasn't it). He ended up being 7lbs15oz with a giant head, long legs and minimal fat.  

This baby was estimated to be 6.2 lbs 3 weeks ago.  That's unrealistic.  My prior OB told me that there's usually a 2-3 lb margin error on US weight estimates, which is a huge percentile at that size.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Okay so another question, what does the fundal height mean? They've been measuring me and it's always been the same in cms as many weeks pregnant I am. Does that still put me in 50 percent? Less or more?
  • @maybeitsmadeline SO stinkin' cute!!!! 
  • @maybeitsmadeline those are the cutest pants I've ever seen. 
  • Oh my goodness @maybeitsmadeline that set is too cute!!! If I knew what we were having I'd definitely consider something cute like that!! Look forward to seeing pics of your DD in them!! 
  • Love seeing everyone's coming home outfits!  FTM here...what does baby wear while still in the hospital?  Should I bring something or just take what the hospital offers?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Love seeing everyone's coming home outfits!  FTM here...what does baby wear while still in the hospital?  Should I bring something or just take what the hospital offers?
    I'm taking some gowns and sleepers. I'm a FTM and asked a friend and that's what she recommended. And socks if you use gowns. 
    I loved using what the hospital had for DS. It was one less thing to think about, and it helped me see what layers they used. I felt clueless, so it was a learning experience.
    Overall, it doesn't really matter. To each her own.
  • @maybeitsmadeline I love grey! pink and grey? That's just perfect