September 2017 Moms
Options

Vaginal / cervical pressure

amow06amow06 member
edited May 2017 in September 2017 Moms
Hello, 

I've posted here a couple times after recently moving over from the October 2017 group. I am 19 + 5 and had a previous miscarriage in October of last year, followed by a chemical pregnancy in December. I've been getting vaginal pressure since 15 or so weeks (feels like a weight on top of my cervix or like a deep ache near my vagina). It's worried me a lot, and I mentioned it to my doctor at my 16 week check up. She checked my cervix and said it was high and closed. I was still having some pressure on and off, but yesterday it was particularly intense. After calling the doctor, they had me go into triage (since the office was closed). After doing an internal exam they confirmed my cervix was again high and closed. They also did a urine sample and a swab, which I assume came back normal since they discharged me. 

I feel better after being seen, but I'm still feeling pressure today. This is not a common second trimester symptom from what I've read, so I'm still a little worried. Does anyone have this? Just looking for some peace of mind.

Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Vaginal / cervical pressure

• Options
    I had it with both my second pregnancy and now my third from about 15 weeks as well. The Dr told me it was normal for second time moms. My vagina is really achy all the time. Surprisingly enough it never seemed to get worse as my pregnancy progressed. It just kind of stayed the same. Both of my previous pregnancies ended with me giving birth to full term 40 week babies.

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I had it a bit last time, but I can't really remember- I def have it this time. I think it is pretty normal. Mine isn't a stabbing pain or anything, more like a dull, constant presence. 
  • Options
    amow06amow06 member
    @sarahufl That's how mine is as well. Thank you!

@TLooney17 & @JNR6510 Thanks so much! It helps just to know that other people experience it.
  • Options
    Yes I have this too. Some days it's quite bad... but I know from movement and even a few ultrasounds that this baby just really feels super at home as low down as he can be.... its a real fricken blast. All the pressure, all the pee leakage, all the cervical kicks... but, fortunately also all totally normal. 

• Options
    Yes I have it a lot. I know it may sound silly, but you may need to have a really good bowel movement. I always feel better after that. And keep drinking lots of water. 

I never had this with DD, just this pregnancy (twins). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a short cervix, and have to be on the lookout for irregular cervical pressure. There's definitely a difference between the normal pressure of pregnancy and irregular pressure. In my experience, the irregular pressure feels like the heaviness you get in your lower abdomen (even lower than your bump) right before your period starts, and if you're not sure if that's what you're feeling, you're probably not. When I felt it, I knew it was different right away. Either way, my doctor recommends laying down on your left side for an hour, and drinking 16 oz of water. If the pressure still hasn't dissipated, or has increased, then call your doctor. (Although the feeling of a giant poop working through your system is also incredibly similar. Definitely keep that in mind.) 

Honestly though, everything you described sounds normal. Have you had your anatomy scan yet? If your cervix looked normal during your scan, then the chances of this being something you need to worry about are very, very small. If your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be either.   

• Options
    amow06amow06 member
    @mrs_tacos The pressure I feel is lower than my bump. Not to be too graphic but it feels like it's right around vagina / labia (though the pressure is internal). They checked my cervix with a speculum and internal exam though, so hoping all is ok. I have my anatomy scan next Monday, so hoping they will tell me the length during that scan — however, I've heard that not all ultrasonographers check this.
  • Options
    @amow06 My pressure was not around my vagina or labia, it was much more generalized. Again, chances are that if your doctor did not find a reason to worry, you are fine. Most vaginal and pelvic pressures during pregnancy are normal and fine unless you have extenuating circumstances, which so far you do not. 

• Options
    winerenwineren member
    @amow06 I hope yours does! I ended up having two A/S, one with my regular doctor's tech and one with a MFM doctor because they didn't get good enough pictures the first go round... Both checked the cervical length first thing and the MFM tech worried she wasn't getting a good enough look at the cervix and did a vaginal ultrasound too to double check... Her words were that is it one of the big things they need to check with Mom because even a half centimeter makes a huge difference. I hope your scan goes well!
  • Options
    Fx for you. I've had a lot of vaginal pressure this time, but at this point I can tell it's the baby pushing and kicking. 

When I had PTL with my 1st, the pressure was alarming and I knew it wasn't a normal feeling.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your previous losses!! (But congrats on your current pregnancy!) 

I have also had an increased amount of cervical pressure but everything so far has checked out as far as the baby is concerned. But it is still a very strange feeling and I don't blame you at all for being concerned. 

Thank goodness everything checked out for you at your appointments. 
  • Options
    ellemnop90ellemnop90 member
    edited May 2017
    ME!

I am currently 23+6, but have had the pressure since about 16 weeks, getting worse around 20.  I have been to the doctor about every 2 weeks instead of 4 because of this. I have gotten my cervix checked manually and via vaginal ultrasound multiple times and like you am long, high and closed. They have also ruled out an infection and all is well with baby, so never got an answer to why.

A couple of days ago, I started getting some relief earlier in the day, but returns by the end of the day.  I think the baby may be moving up a little higher finally.  I am suspecting some kind of pelvic prolapse.  It would be more rare since this is my first baby, but not unheard of.
  • Options
    @amow06 I've had pressure with this LO and my DS while pregnant, although it was higher than my vagina and labia.  I'm sure it's the LO pressing down on it, though.  When they are bigger, you will feel them punching/ kicking your cervix, and there will be no question what is happening!  Also, if the doctor at the ER didn't mention it, the swab they did was more than likely to check to see if there was any amniotic fluid leaking.  I hope you're feeling better about it now!  
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker