August 2017 Moms

Twat Tuesday 5/9

Who's a Twat today???
DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Twat Tuesday 5/9

• Fatigue. I'm.so.tired.
  • A combination of my hormones and my in-laws. Back story: my husband was in a work related accident a few weeks ago (doing much better now). During it all, my in laws  (intentionally or not) made me feel like the worst wife in the world for not staying by his side 24/7 even though I'm trying to save days off of work for when the baby comes. My husband was fine with me leaving - there was nothing I could do there to help. They were very overbearing - telling doctors that he shouldn't be released yet, trying to tell the nurses how to do their jobs, making sure that the nurses knew he was in pain. He is a grown man who can communicate his pain and thoughts on his own. I know that they were worried about him and I am sure it was just all of my hormones that was making me so annoyed. But even still, there is something that is keeping me so annoyed with them every time I see them. I wish these hormones would stop making me feel this way - I feel like I shouldn't be annoyed with them for them caring but I can't help it. I feel like they are going to try to be very involved on labor and delivery and how baby is cared for once he is born. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The spider that was HUGE that ended up on my windshield (on the outside, thank god) but also me, for freezing and having a heart attack.  I have never seen a spider like this before, it was white, and at least quarter sized.  I am going to have nightmares about this one! 

@mrsw2017 I dont think you are wrong for feeling annoyed at your in laws.  Caring is one thing, but when they start to make you feel bad for making a choice for the good of your family, thats not okay.  It might be worth sitting down with DH and setting some expectations of what is okay and not okay for them to do during your labor and when baby is born. If nothing else it might help you feel better when around them, knowing you have these rules in place. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • My dog peed in her bed last night for some reason. What a great start to the day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @littlebug2010 what kind of spider is white?! I would have had a heart attack! 

I have briefly brought up what I do and don't expect of our parents but I think sitting down and having that conversation would definitely be a good thing to do. 
  • My twat is Spirit Airlines. Did you hear the pilot union is at odds with corporate and doing work stoppage, leading to 20k passengers impacted by cancelled flights? My husband and his friends got caught in that madness over the weekend in Vegas. It's a good thing DH won a few hundred at craps because he had to use that few hundred bucks to offset him buying last minute flights on United and Frontier to make it to and from his vacation. That's stressful stuff. Oh, and his only compensation is credit which he has to buy by July. He's like, with a baby on the way, where the heck would I go to even use this credit?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My body/ me for failing my 1 hr glucose test. Had my 3 hr one today and am now all bruised.  Needles would be a close second. 

@littlebug2010, I've had about 10 of those suckers in my house that week.  Thankfully none in the car.  I did see one on the outside and promptly squashed it.  Very glad it was on the outside of the car for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mrsw2017 I have no clue!!! All I know is that I froze (thank god I was in traffic and not moving at the time), sprayed the windshield fluid, and used the wipers.  Unfortunately it didn't seem to kill it, but Im really hoping that the drive on the interstate made it go away.  

@Lauradi1010 OMG if it had been inside the car, I would have pulled over and gotten out and probably cried. Spiders are my irrational fear, but holy shit this was a big one! Ive never seen one like this before.  I still feel like its crawling on me, and it wasnt even inside! 

I kinda dont want to get back in my car to go home today. Maybe a 16 mile walk home is what I need.  (I wont be doing this, but my irrational brain is telling me to)
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • My son's ears. He's had an ear infection for 2 months or so now. 3 rounds of antibiotics. 4 or 5 this year. He just finished the last round Sunday morning and he's still messing with his ears and not resting well.  We have a follow up Thursday with the pediatrician to see what our next step is. I was cautiously optimistic that this last round of antibiotics would clear it up, but I'm thinking it didn't. Maybe the ear pulling is a habit, but that combined with a spike in clumsiness I'm not so sure.  Anyone have experience with tubes?
  • @SouthernMama15 I haven't personally experienced ear tubes, but I've seen a lot of kids in speech therapy that have had them. Usually it seems to stop the cycle of infections which would be nice. Best of luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @SouthernMama15 - My only experience with the tubes is that I have them so I can't provide a ton of parent insight (or even recent insight) but I had ear infections at about the frequency that it sounds like your son did. Never had one after the tubes. I still remember having swimmers ear and a double ear infection on vacation to disney world and kicking and screaming until I fell asleep in the waiting room of some doctor we got an appointment with because I was in so much pain. I think this might be my earliest memory :neutral:  Anyways, I am so glad I got the tubes.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• My recycling company and their truck, for coming 30 minutes before they normally do and making me hustle outside at 5am in my barely acceptable tank top and booty shorts to drag the bin out (and also DH for forgetting to put the bin out last night).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • dma0389dma0389 member
    For the engineer at work who decides last minute his project needs to expedited and in order to move through the process it needs to be signed off by me and I'd have to complete the assessment. I'm sorry but an urgency on your time is not an urgency on mine, plan accordingly. Oh I took my time getting back at him and ignoring his instant messages, who kept IM'ing me during my meetings. He had to wait a day before I can help him, oh well! I also have deadlines and I've got a short time line considering I'll be out for 12 weeks on maternity leave, my time is precious!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SouthernMama15 my niece got tubes when she was around 2...it was a bit nerve wracking but she hasn't had an ear infection since-she is now almost 7. Made a world of difference and everyone was much happier after.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @SpotConlon @kvh22 @smallbutmighty77 Thanks. I guess we'll see what they say Thursday. I know it's for the best if he needs them but the thought of him being put under terrifies me
  • @caity024 That's the worst!! Our garbage people come at the most unpredictable times. It could be 6 am or 10 am. DH takes it out the night before (mostly), but when he forgets it always seems to be the 6 am pickup days haha. I'm usually too lazy to run out and try and catch them. Oops.

@mrsw2017 That sounds so frustrating.. I'm sure his mom was just trying to help, but it also makes it seem like she doesn't trust you'll do your "job" and take care of DH. Like PP said, I would have DH set the expectation that parenting decisions will not involve MIL.. as much as she wants to help. Grrr in-laws haha. 

Work is my TW today. I'm so tired of running project meetings where no one participates. I feel like I'm a teacher calling on kids in school trying to spark some discussion about the topic we're talking about. I'm already starting to check out and I have 3 months left  :#

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    My feet and legs. They are so sore and swollen. 
  • My pubic bone for feeling like it might snap in half. This baby sits sooooooo low! 

These hot flashes. I go from being fine to feeling like my skin is on fire!

This school year....I want my kid to be out of school already! They took their standardized tests yesterday and today and I just feel like we can be done now.

Aaaaand, my body in general, for making me feel soooo old! Being pregnant at 30'is drastically different so far than being pregnant at 21 and 25. 
  • @SpotConlon @kvh22 @smallbutmighty77 Thanks. I guess we'll see what they say Thursday. I know it's for the best if he needs them but the thought of him being put under terrifies me
    DD had to get hers done about a year ago. I was a mess; she was only 18 months old. However, it TRULY is not as bad as it feels leading up to (and during) the procedure. I'm glad I did it; no ear infections since!
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited May 2017
    TWs are the snotty-nosed kids in the church nursery. After every time I serve in the church nursery, I get sick a few days after. Now I've got the super sore throat and snot pouring. I sure hope DD doesn't catch this from me.