babies"r"us registry party (happening today!) - Page 2 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

Re: babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

• MrsVP614MrsVP614 member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2017
    How do you pick what items to put on your registry?

Lucie's list has been super helpful, as well as recommendations from friends and here on the Bump. 
    ETA: fixed typo 
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17

• What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?

We were team green for baby #1 and again this time - so we don't put too much on decor. We keep the rooms a neutral color (with DD, the room was green. we've since moved and the room is tan). When they get old enough, they can pick the color (DD picked a peach-pink last summer).

Mostly just the necessities - diapers, monitor, wipes. We registered for all neutral things the first round so we are golden on clothes up until 3 months if it's a boy and forever if it's a girl.

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
    bluejeanbabi05carries2018jessirh
  • What items do you want the most from your registry?

Im hoping to get the most practical items that I'll use immediately and the first few months of baby's life, Boppy pillow, diaper pail, car seat base, bottles, etc. 

• veehallveehall member
    Second Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    I tried to limit as much as possible the decorative/non essential things on my registry and keep to things that I really need so for the nursery I just have the crib mattress, sheets, mobile, changing pad and cover and ubbi pail and liner
    crib since DD doesn't want to give hers up, crib mattress, dresser and some sheets

bluejeanbabi05natleilynnflowerintherain

Crib, dresser, and glider.

Crib, glider, dresser, changing pad, crib sheets and maybe the play mats but those will probably be everywhere!
  • How do you pick what items to put on your registry?
    By reading tons of reviews and finding a product that I think will best suit our needs.

October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• MrsVP614 said:

Lucien list has been super helpful, as well as recommendations from friends and here on the Bump. 
    I second Lucie's List! She has everything broken down into categories with lots of helpful tips. 
    natleilynnbluejeanbabi05ForwardnBackward
  • What items do you want the most from your registry?
    A double stroller is my #1 item that I feel I need. Luckily I still have a lot of old baby gear from DS that I can use!

DS-02/25/16
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

Crib, mattress, changing table pad and rail, touch light, one decorative item, hamper. We are using most of the existing furniture in the room and DH wants to buy me the glider I want so we don't have a lot specifically for the nursery.

Pregnancy Ticker
    bluejeanbabi05
  • since this is our second we have all the big items. i'm hoping for smaller items like more bottles, blankets, clothes since it's a boy this time around and lots of books  i never thought to put books on a registry but i wish i did for DD.
    jess0211
  • edited May 2017
    What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?
    I already have a nursery/playroom set up. I'll probably concert that to DS' big boy room and transition him in there, and the new baby will cosleep and stay in my room. So I don't really have much on my registry along the lines of nursery furniture or decor. 
     ETA: a dresser! Definelty need one of those! Struggling to have room for all of DS' clothes as is.

DS-02/25/16
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

jess0211
  • How do i pick - this is #3 so we are down to just essentials at this point. but recommendations. also if you have friends/siblings having babies around you. try to get the same infant car seat so overlapping babysitters (parents) or if you need help in a pinch they have your base!

What do i want - Self rocking, rave making, RNP.

for the nursery - we are reusing a lot of stuff. so all i really need is a sheet. but not just a regular sheet. a cool sheet.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
    bluejeanbabi05jess0211natleilynnjessirh
  • How do you pick what items to put on your registry?

As a first time mom, this was overwhelming to me! We just walked around the stores to each department and mostly guessed about what we needed! I am sure we missed something, or have items we don't really need. I also have asked family and friends about what items we need and have watched a lot of mommy/pregnancy videos on YouTube.

I have some nursery decor like curtains on my registry. I also have diapering things like a diaper genie and changing table covers on my registry.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

jess0211

Glider and a crib mattress.

--------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
    mndynitetragdybluejeanbabi05jessirh
  • Oh I also plan on asking nicely/begging a couple fellow bumpies to look at my registry when it's finished and telling me if anything looks whack.
    I am doing this as well with a few of my friends who recently had baby's.

Pregnancy Ticker
    bluejeanbabi05
  • Whether you're looking to meet one-on-one or want to attend an informative class with expert partners, BRU offers Personal Registry Partners & Classes to help you throughout every step of your registry journey. Reserve a spot in a class or schedule an appointment today!"

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?

• destinyd8destinyd8 member
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its Photogenic
    edited May 2017

We have some big things but still need bedding (not the crib just sheets), diaper pail, and changing table. I also want another dresser, the one we originally wanted to use is kind of small the more I look at it. I reaaaallly want a rocking chair in there as well. 

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?

No I don't think any of our items are surprising really. I sort of feel like a lot of people will get unique or surprising things for the baby shower just because a lot of people express their own uniqueness through gift giving. 

• Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?
    Nothing unique, but making sure we are adding items for later on in the toddler years, like sippy cups and feeding items. 

bluejeanbabi05
  • CBMay2006CBMay2006 member
    Sixth Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2017
    Next question:

Glider, bookcase, drawer organizer
    Nope, just the typical necessities 

Glider, crib sheets, mobile, decor, hangers, and side table for me to have things in arm's reach while breastfeeding. 

• What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?  Convertible crib, dresser (which will be used as a changing table too), mattress. Possibly more sheets it we have a girl (we have a 2 yo son). I think we'll move our glider that we already have into the nursery for new baby. 

I saw a friend put a baby memory book on hers, which wasn't on my checklist, so I did as well because I love the idea. Besides that, just the typical stuff :)

jessirh
  • veehallveehall member
    Second Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    Unique/surprising things on my registry - maybe the cloth diapers and wipes to some? But other than that pretty normal

We have tap lights on our registry.  They were so handy with baby #1 for middle of the night feedings and diaper changes.
    destinyd8
  • Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry? for our car seat we registered for a booster only bc we are giving that to DD1 and cycling the convertibles down when the time comes. not planning on putting a newborn in it :p
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
    bluejeanbabi05jessirh
  • what items are on your registry for babies nursery? 
    nothing yet until we find out the sex. this is baby #3 so I have the essential things needed for a nursery

I mean, someone who doesn't have kids or didn't BF might be surprised to see witch hazel and lanolin cream on there...but...necessities. 

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
    veehallOliveOyl2014bluejeanbabi05jessirh
    We don't have anything on it that would really be surprising
    bluejeanbabi05jessirh

Hmm as a FTM I'm not sure what is unique or surprising, but maybe these things:
    bum brush
    night light/noise maker stuffed animal
    gathre play mat
  • JessDGJessDG member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    What items do you want the most from your registry?
    Definitely things that are practical and we will use often.  I would LOVE for someone to buy our travel system.  Those suckers are expensive!

October 17 June Siggy Challenge

Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker

bluejeanbabi05sjohns908jessirh
    Not really. I think everything on there is pretty typical. 

DS-02/25/16
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
  • jessirhjessirh member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper

I do TONS of research. Asking the STMs here on the Bump has been helpful, as they've been through this before. I read reviews on sites like Amazon, and sit down with DH to discuss what we want most in an item. 
    O17 June Siggy Challenge: You Had One Job!
    sjohns908bluejeanbabi05
  • How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
    Since this is our third, we aren't sharing it unless someone really wants to get us a gift and asks what we specifically want. For our first, it was included with the shower invitation. 

sjohns908bluejeanbabi05jessirh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards