babies"r"us registry party (happening today!) — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

BumpAdminBumpAdmin
Moderator 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
admin
edited June 2017 in 2nd Trimester
You’re invited! 

We’re throwing a Baby Registry Party right here in the Bump Community, brought to you by Babies”R”Us! 

It all happens on Friday, May 19th, right here on the 2nd Trimester board from 12-2PM ET. 

This party will celebrate you, your baby, and (of course) your registry. We want to hear all about it! We’ll feature registry-related topics over the course of this chat so you can mix, mingle, and discuss all things registry. Plus, find out your fellow Bumpies have on their minds about their registries. 

It’s not a party without goodies! Two lucky participants will be randomly chosen to receive a $100 gift card to Babies”R”Us. Plus, one lucky winner will receive a Motorola Remote Wireless Video Monitor - MBP36S! All you have to do is join in on the discussion to be entered for a chance to win. 

Stay tuned for more info as the date gets closer! No purchase necessary. See official rules.
JennyColadarinshizuneanw39theblunderwomanbluejeanbabi05breanna428knottie745cb35226d2chasscity

Re: babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

• So excited for this!! 
    anw39bluejeanbabi05
  • Yay! Oct is so good at these, too  :)

jessafishycarries2018jessirh
  • How do you pick what items to put on your registry?

A lot of research, babybargains book, and recommendations from friends 

Pregnancy Ticker
    bluejeanbabi05jessafishy
  • JNR6510JNR6510
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    We chose items for our registry based upon what we felt we needed and what went well with our nursery style. I read up on baby product reviews as well as conferring with other moms as to what brands worked well for them in the past.
    jess0211bluejeanbabi05jessafishy
  • JessDGJessDG
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    How do you pick what items to put on your registry?
    So far we have relied on recommendations from family and friends to get us started.  DH is a huge review reader and he does a ton of research on the things recommended to us!

October 17 June Siggy Challenge

Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker

jess0211bluejeanbabi05jessafishyjessirh
  • The BMBs are a really good resource, too. I tend to trust the moms I've gotten to know, so their opinions carry a lot of weight for me.
    This as well!

Pregnancy Ticker
    bluejeanbabi05jessafishy
  • Thanks for sharing such good advice! 

What items do you want the most from your registry?
    bluejeanbabi05jessafishy
  • bcashawbcashaw
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper

I'm trying to be realistic about my lifestyle. Plus as a former nanny I have been able to use alot ofvproducts over a period of time and in day to day circumstances so I know what I do and don't like
    bluejeanbabi05jess0211jessafishyForwardnBackward
  • jess0211jess0211
    Long-Lasting Membership 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2017
    What items do you want the most from your registry?

Carrier, carseat, stroller, and monitor

eta: though it would be nice to get a few of the more expensive items I mentioned above I am also all for things such as TONS of diapers.

Pregnancy Ticker
    bluejeanbabi05

I chose registry items based on lots of research. I read reviews online, went to stores to try out products as much as possible, and asked other parents about their recommendations.
    bluejeanbabi05

First time - recommendations from my BMB (I didn't have a lot of peers who were mom's yet.) and personal tastes.

Now - Decide what I don't have yet and what I will need to buy for myself so that I can get a completion coupon.  >:)
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
    bluejeanbabi05sjohns908carries2018
  • What items do you want the most from your registry?

I would love to get the rock n play with the automatic rocking option. I've heard so many raves on it.

bluejeanbabi05jessafishycarries2018jessirh
  • What do you want the most from your registry?

If I could get the basic things like diapers, onesies, and things to help with breastfeeding I'll be perfectly happy. We already have most of the big things and I honestly don't want my family or friends spending too much money on us. Besides, those are things we're going to go through like crazy anyway so it's best to have as much as possible!
    jessafishy

I get the most excited about the books because I can't wait until our baby is old enough for us to read them to him!

epi_speaksdestinyd8jessafishy
  • @sjohns908 I have that on my registry too and also really hope to get it! We will probably buy it if no one gifts it ;)

sjohns908jessafishyjessirh
  • A close friend with a one year old helped me shop for my registry and suggested things she loved and things she might not have used, but new others loved. 
    Double Stroller

• veehallveehall
    Second Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    Cloth diapers! But I feel like people aren't really going to know what they are and won't buy them
    We've been lucky so far, and some of our "big ticket" items are already showing purchased! I would love for people to help us with the cloth diapers. I know they will save us money over the long haul, but they're pricy to start!

DIAPERS. Please, diapers. Preferably enough to keep us all the way up through potty training.
    THIS. 

sjohns908natleilynncarries2018jessirh

Car seat(s) and stroller; Crib... the big "necessary" stuff, so my money can be wasted on insurance and daycare. :tongue :P   

• kelleyE3812kelleyE3812
    Second Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Photogenic
    edited May 2017
    What items do you want most from your registry?
    the careseat! its so expensive 
    jess0211
  • veehallveehall
    @epi_speaks did you put the infant carseat and the convertible carseat on your registry? I originally had both but then thought I should wait to buy the convertible carseat until right before I need to use it since it has an expiration date and I want to try and use it for as many babies as I can

Recommendations from friends, obvious items (car seat, etc), reviews, and compiled lists from sites like TB! 

Probably the car seat, stroller, and bassinet. The big stuff besides the crib. That way I can focus on getting the detail items for the nursery and cute little clothes.
    Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
    imwithbaby

Car seat, stroller, crib, glider, PNP, baby carrier (e.g. solly baby wrap, Ergo)...basically all of the expensive things  :p
    jess0211
    Diapers, bottles, and practical items.

--------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
    bluejeanbabi05sjohns908jessirh
  • What are the must haves on your registry?

The car seat and a pack n play since we gave ours away and was probably our most used item. 
    sjohns908bluejeanbabi05
  • veehallveehall
    I brought my cousin who recently had a baby to tell me what I needed and didn't need, then when I got home I looked at all the reviews on babies r us and other sites to see which brand/type I wanted

• Next question:

What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?
  • What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?
    Mostly bedding at this point. We haven't added ant decor yet since we don't know the sex. I wish we could get a glider, but they are so expensive and we don't really have much room. 

bluejeanbabi05jessirh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards