August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/8

How are you feeling today? Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/8

• Options
    I'm such a baby. I've been whining to DH about how sore my arm is from my TDAP shot on Friday. I'm not afraid of needles or actually getting the shot. But man am I a baby when it comes to the soreness afterwards. 
  • Options
    Lovely constipation came back this weekend. Upping my magnesium intake as it normally helps. Crotch pain a lot now instead of sporadically. Dry facial skin too. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got these sharp pains in my calves that it woke me up from my sleep I laid on my side while baby was kicking my side. I did not think I would get this but sure enough they came unexpectedly.
  • Options
    Nose bleeds every morning. This happened with DD too but it was definitely fewer times. Also, the sciatic nerve pain and numbness seems to be intermittent now instead of constant which is a huge blessing! Glad my leg feels normal again. Little man is much higher than my daughter was so I'm having a harder time breathing but I don't feel like he is going to fall out constantly. Take what I can get!

@bumpybump I used to have oily skin but when I got pregnant with DD my facial skin became super dry and flakey and itchy. Still that way. It's so annoying!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @aehogan90 my skin was awesome during pregnancy with DD. This LO, my face is horrible! I keep deep moisturizing over night. But my back has been clear with both. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm getting a lot of more movement in my belly and a lot more of what I'm guessing are growing pains in my belly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @aehogan90 im glad your sciatic pain and numbness is going away! Mine is as well.  Ive found that making sure to stretch after a longer walk and always before bed, and doing some ankle/foot stretches at my desk seems to help a lot!  I havent had any constant sciatic pain since starting this.  I do feel it if I move the wrong way, but thats it! 

Not completely new, but I feel as though its been worse, are my hormones and emotions.  I mentioned this in the FTM thread, but I had an issue with hotel stuff, and instead of being able to calmly figure something out, I just cried, and got so stressed out that I was shaking!  Im hoping it was a one time thing, but I know this weekend will be emotional (sisters graduation, and seeing family I havent seen in months), and it would be nice if I weren't a blubbering mess all weekend. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    My feet swell and I'm stsrtin g to get some dark patches of skin on my face!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    At the end of the day, my skin at top sides of bump are sensitive. It's hard to describe but it's kinda burn like, nerve like. It's how it felt when I had shingles but milder. I assume it's skin stretching
  • Options
    My right side is sore. I'm wondering if I pulled something cleaning and organizing this weekend. Picking up a nearly 32 pound almost 2 year old is not helping. 
  • Options
    The bladder control is getting bad. Was giving a final and had to pee so bad when I obviously couldn't leave the classroom.
    Also really noticing the weight gain. Feeling more heaviness in my stomach.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 my sister broke a ribs while pregnant with one of her kids from lifting her other ones. There's also a friend of mine who twisted her hip when pregnant with #2 when holding her first. Take it easy!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump Ugh,  that sounds horrible. I'm being super lazy today since DH is out of town for work. I'm trying not to pick DS up any more than possible. I go to the doctor Wednesday so if it's still bothering me I'll talk to her about it. Now to figure out what's for supper, I don't want to cook, but I'm sick of pizza. The possibility of Chinese is very strong.
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @littlebug2010 I feel the same way (emotional). Sometimes I just feel like I need to cry so I let myself when DH isn't around and I feel so much better. We've had two scares this pregnancy and I don't want to pile on him when he already knows I'm worrying. I actually feel better knowing that he's good because he is definitely a tear-rolling-down-his-cheek kinda guy (end of Lone Survivor, our wedding ceremony, etc.) and one of us needs to hold it together. I wouldn't even know how to explain why I was crying in the moment. It's just hormones.

Braxton Hicks, eye twitching, so much baby movement  - dopplers and ultrasounds, especially today's, were so insane chasing baby around but I love hearing how active the baby is from the doctor's and that it's not just in my head.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    edited May 2017
    I feel so ashamed to admit this but the hair on my stomach is so dark right now. It is long enough that my shirts make it all static clingy when I lift my shirt up. I hope this goes away after birth! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    Huge areolas and today I actually had a small amount of leakage from my nipples. I had that with DD too but I think it wasn't until 8 weeks or so before due date. I've still got 14w2d to go! Also super dry facial skin and minor backne (please clear up for pool season!!!). Baby boy kicks a lot now and it's pretty darn strong, he really enjoys kicking me right in the hooha when I'm walking and sitting! Trying to keep up with my workouts as energy levels allow, I'm doing pretty well with weight gain, I'm about 14 pounds from prepregnancy in week 25. Squatting for delivery!!!
  • Options
    Headaches anyone?   Mine are unbearable!    I check my blood pressure when they're bad and it's not high, so I'm fairly certain it's just hormones!   Teaching 31 kids with a migraine is not fun!
  • Options
    imwithbabyimwithbaby member
    edited May 2017
    For those of you having back pain, is it muscular or skeletal? I feel like I constantly have a kink in my low back vertebrae/SI joint. It's terrible. Seeing the chiro each week but that's only helped with my headaches. I think she's being super gentle with any adjustments below the ribs but man I could use a good cracking!

also, pubic bone pain. Hurts at night. She adjusted that too and HOLY HELL it hurt.

ETA: any time I walk more than a half mile I get RLP/BH. What's the difference? These are cramping/stitch feeling on the sides of my belly.
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 I was getting the same pains every time I walked more than a quarter of a mile which was super annoying. I talked to my doc about it and she suggested a pregnancy support belt. It has definitely helped. I wouldn't say that the pain is completely gone, but it's much more manageable when I'm wearing it. Without it I would have to hunch over and limp the rest of the way. 
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 oh that might help!
  • Options
    @JDBtwinmama I had so many migraines in my first trimester (pretty much 5 days a week), so I commiserate. I used to teach and teaching with a migraine was the WORST because you still have to put on a show when you want to curl into a ball. I'm sorry. :(
  • Options
    TRA0816TRA0816 member
    So much pelvic pressure! I feel like my whole pelvic area is sore to the point it hurts to walk...
  • Options
    donehuedonehue member
    Ugh for everybody's symptoms :(

My constipation is really bad right now too. I had an appointment last night and my midwife told me to take sennakot-s. I took it at 5:30pm and the bottle says it usually takes 6-12 hours, but we are approaching hour 14 with nothing! @bumpybump, what kind of magnesium do you take? I forgot the milk of magnesium used to work for me! I will probably try that today :/

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    For the headaches/migraines: I told my doc and they prescribed Fioricet with my first pregnancy. I am one of those people who NEVER gets headaches but I do get them around the beginning of the second trimester. I only took the Fioricet a handful of times and the headaches went away and stayed away. I only ended up taking it once with this pregnancy. May be worth looking into
  • Options
    @donehue my magnesium intake actually comes along in the calcium supplement I take from Usana. I learned years ago that if I take the daily recommended dosage that I *TMI* get diarrhea. So I take half the recommended dosage until constipated. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @mrsmatt1212 I just bought a support belt, becuase I was feeling the same pain.  My work does massage mondays (tech world perk) and I asked the guy yesterday if he could feel a knot or if it might be more skeletal, and he said skeletal.  He recommended more back stretching, but thats hard becuase you cant be on your back for too long.  He also told me to stretch by sitting in my swivle chair and grabbing my desk, and turing my body until it started to stretch.  Not to stretch too far, but just enough.  So I am going to start to do that as well.  FX your back feels better soon! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Anyone get a weird pinch/shot of mild pain or spasm like feeling when they turn quickly while sitting? Like, if I'm sitting in a hair and turn to look behind me on the left sometimes I'll feel this fast stretchy jab in my belly, almost like a strong kick but it's not baby. Idk what's causing it, I don't really feel it during exercise just when I suddenly turn. It's also not really "painful" just a weird stretchy sensation. 
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @Knottie96400174 - sounds like round ligament pain (RLP) if it's lower down on your abdomen on the sides. Google round ligament pain - you should be able to figure out if that's it and those descriptions will be better than mine. It's very common and if that's it, there's not too much you can do except avoid those sudden turning motions that you mention.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    No appetite at all this week. Having cereal for dinner cause I just picked at my subway I had today for lunch.... Not fun. I think I am getting sick
  • Options
    I'm talking to my mfm about the migraines tomorrow, thanks for all the support!
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    My arms and legs are constantly falling asleep. So weird. 
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 For me, RLP is further off to the side and feels more like a sore or pulled muscle in my hip/pelvis area.  BH are more centered and my stomach gets tight and hard with some lower pressure, especially if I'm walking.  The tightness lasts for maybe 30-60 seconds and then releases.  They're more uncomfortable than painful.  You can try drinking water, changing positions, slowing down if you're walking and emptying your bladder if the BH become more frequent.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers