July 2017 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 5/5

Is it just me or have we not had this in a loooong time?
If you are due on a July Friday such as 7/7, 7/14, 7/21, 7/28... gather round:

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is something interesting or unique about you that maybe not everybody knows about? (stolen from Tuesday+Wednesday because I am not creative)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday Ticker Change 5/5

• How far along are you? 29

How big is baby?
    Acorn Squash (which somehow is larger than an eggplant?)

I had one already this Wednesday, next up is the growth scan in 2 weeks

Really tired all of a sudden, and lots of back pain. I am starting to feel like I can barely move around all of a sudden

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Need to ask my parents how they feel about an air mattress when they visit because the nursery will no longer fit guests and 2 babies. I got the best kind and added memory foam and pillow top, but I am worried they're too old for this kind of accommodation.

GTKY: What is something interesting or unique about you that maybe not everybody knows about? (stolen from Tuesday because I am not creative)
    My cat goes in the toilet like a person. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you?
    28 weeks! Hello 3rd trimester!

How big is baby?
    coconut, eggplant, head of cauliflower, and echidna...

nope! I did have my breastfeeding with success class last night through Kaiser though. 

tail bone/lower back pain is becoming an issue, regardless of how long I sit or stand. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Someone keyed my car the other day!! Grrrrr!!! And they did it while the car was parked up against the garage. You can see where they squeezed between the car and garage door and scratched from my front bumper to the back bumper (I back into the driveway when I park.) We have had a lot of car thefts and crime in our neighborhood recently, so I'm hoping no one is scoping out vehicles...my FIL's truck has already been broken into a few weeks ago.

GTKY: What is something interesting or unique about you that maybe not everybody knows about? (stolen from Tuesday+Wednesday because I am not creative)
    I'm allergic to kumquats! Or at least in my opinion I get an allergic reaction (tingling sensation on tongue/mouth, itching in mouth, numbness). It sucks because I love how tart they are!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 28 weeks, woo third trimester!

How big is baby? 
    A rollerblade (because that makes sense)

Had my 1 hour GD test today, appt on Tues to hear  the results. 

I don't know if I'd call this a symptom since so far it's just been one time but the other night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous and ended up throwing up 3 times before I could go back to sleep. I still have no idea why it had happened, going to ask OB on Tues. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I've decided to put no clothing on my registry. People always buy clothes anyway so I figured why bother...I may end up with a very sparsely dressed baby. 

I teach film and photography at a high school during the day and coach swimming every evening...I guess that's unique?
  • @jkbrownstein I bet that was food poisoning. Did you eat something that you thought was a wee bit funky? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @plumpous I had a salad! I've also had food poisoning before and you don't just stop when your stomach is empty. After the third time, I felt completely back to normal. I wonder if it was just super bad indigestion or the baby kicked me in the wrong spot. 
  • @jkbrownstein I had food poisoning from a salad, woke up uneasy at 4am, threw up, felt off for half a day and it went away. Wasn't pregnant at the time. Vegetables like lettuce or toppings like chicken are suspect. Glad you are feeling better. 
    Pregnancy Ticker