GTKY: What's something about yourself that you consider to be "unique?"

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 5/4

• How far along are you? 27 weeks. Since this now begins the 28th week I take it I"m in the third trimester now? With a due date of Aug 3 and it being May 4, I have "3 months to go" now so that's cool. 

How big is baby? Lettuce, the longish kind not iceberg apparently. Considering she's learned to hit 3 sides of my stomach at the same time that sounds about right. 

Upcoming appointments this week? nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Can't trust a burp anymore (vurp). 

Rants/Raves/Questions? ... can't trust a burp anymore (vurp).

GTKY: What's something about yourself that you consider to be "unique?" Having reconstructive jaw surgery as a teen isn't "unique" but it's uncommon, so it's funny to go to the dentist and have someone see my x-rays for the first time as little wires pop up. Tends to take people by surprise! 

Other than that I feel like I'm almost scarily normal. Normal, middle class upbringing,  no hobbies out of the ordinary, regular looks. No psychic powers or anything. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 25 weeks! 

How big is baby? napa cabbage or cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments this week? Not till 5/22. 

Any new symptoms or changes? She's definitely kicking more! I feel like she's kicking my ribs, which may explain why they're sore. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm hypo, and just got blood work done yesterday to check my thyroid. My TSH jumped to 4.8, it was 2.4. All other levels were normal. Waiting to hear back from the doctor, should I be concerned? 

GTKY: What's something about yourself that you consider to be "unique?" I'm a twin and we're geminis. I always found that cool! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? Leaf Lettuce

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Crotch pain and I can no longer clean for long before feeling winded.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Mostly, things are going well. I've been cleaning the last few days since the ILs are coming this weekend. Have to take lots of breaks because I get so tired so fast.

GTKY: What's something about yourself that you consider to be "unique?" I can do tricks with my eyes. I can shake them and move them independently. Great way to freak people out  :D

@jacksonbears I have no insight on your results. But FX it all checks out ok!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• tova24tova24 member
    @jacksonbears hang in there! You'll have the results in no time. I always hate the waiting game. I wish you the best of luck!
  • How far along are you? 

25 weeks

How big is baby? 

Rutabaga

Upcoming appointments this week?

nope

Any new symptoms or changes?

Exhaustion. I am a lil worried I have low iron like my last pregnancy. Or it's form working all day and going home and chasing a toddler. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Nothing at the moment!

I have a bachelor's degree in theology. I know that's not uncommon, but considering that I am not in a field related to my first degree. people are typically caught off guard when I tell them. 

@jacksonbears I hope you find out soon!

• How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Uhhh, kale? I've never paid attention to how big a bunch of kale is....may have googled it hahaha

Upcoming appointments this week? Glucose test 5/22

Any new symptoms or changes? Getting tired a lot faster these days

Rants/Raves/Questions? Wouldn't wish carpal tunnel on my worst enemies....I've burned myself twice and not felt it because the tips of 3 of my fingers are numb. Dr. said I'm doing everything I can so I've invested in Ove Mitts  :D

GTKY: What's something about yourself that you consider to be "unique?" I can grind the bones of my toes against each other....it's relaxing to me and disgusting to everyone else. It sounds cool and my Dr said he can't see any damage (but obviously does not recommend) so I rock it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 26

How big is baby? Butternut squash

Upcoming appointments this week? No

Any new symptoms or changes? Pain that feels like menstrual cramping if I cook/clean too long.  I've read this is normal, but it's pretty uncomfortable and makes getting anything done take a long time when I have to go take a break between chores.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Has anyone had the cramping feeling I describe above?  Would like to know I'm not alone :(

GTKY: What's something about yourself that you consider to be "unique?"  I'm an artist and people are shocked to see what I doodle on napkins if they don't know I can draw.  I've had people ask to keep them.

• How far along are you? 27 weeks. One more week til third trimester! 

How big is baby? A bunch of bananas. 

Upcoming appointments this week? Had my OB appt today. Everything is still looking good. I mentioned my palpitations and he said it's normal. 

Nothing new. I sleep terrible now due to back and hip pain. It's worse in my bed. I think because my bed is so soft? And heartburn is here almost every day now. Braxton Hicks are increasing. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Time is flying by. I've started to do things around the house in preparation. I'm in nesting mode which is much earlier this time. 

Baby movements are getting stronger. Her rolls are getting uncomfortable! 

Idk, I'm boring. I always considered my name unique. I was the only Brooke at my HS and I've never met a Brooke patient in my 7 years of nursing. Other than that, I have an extra front bottom tooth..

• @MrsPlatz is it Braxton Hicks contractions? Does your whole abdomen get hard? That happens to me if I overdue it. It is a crampy feeling but not painful. 
  • How far along are you? 

27 weeks. Hello Third Trimester!

How big is baby? 

Romaine lettuce or camping lantern LOL

Friday is my first Third Tri appointment and begins the every 2 weeks appointment schedule. 

Nesting like crazy at this point. Also, my gallbladder is really acting up and I am having more attacks that last several hours. 

My give a damn is busted and I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut

Rants/Raves/Questions?

My mom is really irritating me right now...

I don't know that there is anything that makes me super unique. 

• @brookedeyo It's not my whole stomach that gets tight, mainly just where I'd usually get menstrual cramping, down low. ??
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @MrsPlatz I feel the cramping or discomfort lower down but finally figured out it was BH by pressing on my abdomen while I felt that and it was hard...much different than pushing on my abdomen any other time.which has a little bit of give. Without pressing on it during, I wouldn't have known it was BH (other ladies' descriptions like @brookedeyo on here helped me out).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you? 

25 weeks!

How big is baby? 

It says a bag of popped popcorn.

No.  I got a surprise visit to L&D, but the midwife said it was most likely because it was the end of the day and they didn't want to blow me off.  It terrified me, but everything was perfectly fine.  They checked to make sure I wasn't leaking amniotic fluid.  I didn't even realize that was something I should worry about, now that I know, I can't stop worrying.

I'm winded from everything.  My heart races from everything.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Work is stupid.  But I have officially worked enough hours this year to get my paid maternity leave!  It is such a relief to know that I'll have 12 weeks paid.  I'll still end up with about two months before the birth unpaid, but it's better than nothing- which is what I thought I'd have.

I have a very distinct facial birthmark.  There's no getting around it.  It's there, makeup doesn't cover it and at 32, I'm still working on just accepting this unique part of me.

• How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Papayas

Upcoming appointments this week?  Had one on Monday, starting growth scans next week and have to schedule my glucose test.

Any new symptoms or changes?  The heartburn is real.  I've also been increasingly short tempered lately.  My nesting has kicked into overdrive.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  None

GTKY: What's something about yourself that you consider to be "unique?"  Honestly, I can't think of a thing. All of my hobbies are pretty run of the mill, I'm a crafty person but who isn't these days. I have a cool holiday birthday which is kind of fun, I guess. 

• @jacksonbears I come from a long line of hypos (G. Grandma, Grandma, Mom, etc.) In rare instances it can affect your body after birth. My mom got really sick after she had my sister. Eventually one of the doctors found out she had hypo. Once they knew that, it was a quick fix.

But your doc knows you have it, and even then, you will likely not have any issues at all. It's just one of those things where as long as you and the doctors know you have it, everything should be fine. :smile:

@kudlica27 I hear you on the having a degree and not working in it. I have a BA in Theatre Arts Administration... and I work the reception desk at a law firm.

How far along are you? 

27 weeks... 3rd trimester starts next week!

How big is baby? 

14.5 inches

None until June. Its going to be strange going for so long without one!

My feet have started swelling occasionally. My LO is kicking me so frequently, and often times he kicks my bladder!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I'm day 7 on my antibiotics for the staff infection under my arm. The swollen lymph node has gone down almost completely, but I still have to take these smelly (seriously... they smell like rotten eggs) pills for 3 more days.

My name, Felicity. I often get big reactions from people when the hear my name. "Wow! I don't think I have met anyone with that name before!" Yup. I also get "Oh, like the tv show?" or "Like the American Girl doll?" Uh-huh. Though I was born before both those things existed. Never watched the show, but I do have the doll...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • MrsPlatzMrsPlatz member
    edited May 2017
    @kvh22  Thanks, I'll try to see if my whole belly gets hard when I get pain in my lower abdomen. Still trying to decide if it's BH...