July 2017 Moms

STM+ Check In - May

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Was your husband/partner a help or hindrance the first few weeks home? Do you think it will change this time?

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food restaurant?

Re: STM+ Check In - May

• How far along are you?

31+3

I'm in the "Oh, this isn't so easy any more" phase. Heartburn is my worst symptom.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

6.5 weeks of work left! Hoping baby doesn't come early so I can enjoy my last two full weeks without work, and while DS is in daycare.

Was your husband/partner a help or hindrance the first few weeks home? Do you think it will change this time?

DH was my superhero, and will be this time, too. Even moreso because he has bonded so much with DS that those two will be a team together. 

an occasional baked potato at Wendy's is about it for me

• amy727amy727 member

How far along are you?

31 weeks 3 days

I had really bad heartburn last night.  I had it with my other two though.  I'm also really tired.  I don't remember ever being this tired with my other two. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I really wish I had energy to at least get something done around the house. 

My husband was really helpful with my our other two.  I'm sure he will help again this time!

I like Chick Fil A

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • abmommy15abmommy15 member
    edited May 2017

How far along are you? 31+5

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Leg cramps in the middle of the night and heartburn

Rant/Rave/Questions?

He was a help when he could be but his business partner's wife delivered their second son the same day as us and since she had a c-section and another child she needed her husband more than I needed mine so I was on my own a lot.  Fortunately  he works from home so he would take breaks and relieve me when he could.  This time he swears he is taking at least a week off and going to try for 2.  DS is a total daddy's boy so I think having him available will really help the transition.  

La Belle Province which is a poutine place in Quebec.  I dream about it now that we don't live there.  Second would be In-n-out burger.  Both of my favourite places are nowhere near where I live so I indulge in my dreams.

• How far along are you? 28 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Constant peeing (same) but she's much more active than DD. I keep joking that it must be since she's so small she has so much room to move and flip around in there. Those are my two main complaints. In the evenings I *think* I might be having BH, I never got them with DD, but my stomach just feels tight and crampy, when I finally get to sit down.

Rant/Rave/Questions? n/a

Was your husband/partner a help or hindrance the first few weeks home? Do you think it will change this time? He was a huge help last time, even though he didn't really get any time off work, he made sure he kept up on house work and cooked dinner and took the baby when I was at breaking point. This time I'm not expecting a whole lot since he's working and going to police academy, but I'm sure he'll do his best.

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food restaurant? It depends on my mood, McDonalds is like my "comfort" fast food though, but I hardly ever eat it.  

• How far along are you? 31+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Heartburn and 1st trimester exhaustion... and now the swelling starts if I walk too much.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

Was your husband/partner a help or hindrance the first few weeks home? Do you think it will change this time? He was AMAZING with both of our kiddos. I'm sure he will be great this time around, especially since he will be off work for the entire summer!

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food restaurant? I'm not a huge fast food person, but if I had to pick, I guess I'd choose Taco Bell.

married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• How far along are you?

28+1

Same general discomfort as my last pregnancy but all seems to have started sooner.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

He was great and I'm sure he'll be great again. A lot of teamwork got us through those rough few months. I'm sure he won't be able to help as much with the new baby but I'm expecting a lot of the responsibility of our toddler's needs is going to fall on him for a while. He owns a business that basically runs itself so he's able to be there a lot. 

Haven't had fast food in over 5 years. But thinking back, my favorite thing to buy was probably subway. 

BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• How far along are you?
    30w + 5d

Heartburn almost every night. Doesn't even have to be spicy.  At this point in pregnancy it's to be expected. This is the first time I've been pregnant and have had to deal with allergies and asthma together. We moved here 4 years ago. I developed severe allergies and asthma due to the area we now live in. I've learned to manage it prior to pregnancy but the difficulty breathing now is on a whole new level!!

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Well, because I have such a hard time breathing, even while using my inhaler, I can't go on my walks or to the gym. My legs get all antsy so I need to try and do some type of exercise indoors. I'll have to look to YouTube for some stuff to put on my TV.  The house is getting cleaned at a much slower pace than I'd like and because I'm nesting it's so hard!! I almost passed out the last couple days trying to do too much. I'm stressing out because I just want to clean and most nights I can't sleep because I have a list of things I want to do in my head. 

Although I am a mommy of soon to be 4, DH and I have 1 child together. This LO will be our 2nd child. He had no idea what to do when it came to helping with DS2 but he handled everything with DD and DS1. He kind of avoided me a lot and wasn't present for me. He was very detached during the whole pregnancy too. It caused a lot of hurt feelings and much more I won't go into here. This time around he has been super attentive, supportive and helpful. I am hoping the same will be true after this LO is born. 

My usual go to's are In-N-Out and Chipotle but I sure do wish we had a Chick-Fil-A in our area!! The nearest one is about an hour and a half away :'(

• How far along are you? 28+5

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Trouble sleeping/breathing. Painful Gas. Stretch marks. I don't recall these symptoms but in my diary (which I abandoned once DD started tearing pages) it says last time I had trouble sleeping too.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I had the 3 hour test yesterday and the results came in already! In one day! I'm all good! Except I had a weird sugar drop at the end below the minimum.

Was your husband/partner a help or hindrance the first few weeks home? Do you think it will change this time? Weirdly I don't really remember. He was at work. But at the hospital he changed ALL the diapers. Now he is the one who feeds DD (I cannot bare this task, she drives me up a wall). I do remember he really pressured me to BF when I was in the worst pain of my life, and I really hated him for it. His reasoning is that he wants the best nutrition for his kid, which I get, but he was getting under my skin asking each session if DD is eating, AS IF I KNOW! I hope this time I'm more successful BFing so it's not such a hot button topic.

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food restaurant? I eat at local fast food places, like where you make your own salad or those hot bars by weight, I don't think that counts. I like McNuggets though. It's my guilty pleasure. When we're out longer than planned, it's my go-to last resort choice for the baby because it at least has chicken and she can hold it, and I can eat the rest, as she won't have more than 2-4 pieces at best. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @plumpous There's an extreme rage that needs its own word, for when husbands (or anyone) pressure a new mom. My DH wouldn't let me take any pain medication because the pharmacist told us it would harm DS's liver, because he would invest it from my breastmilk. I'm talking, stitches in my vagina, only allowed one regular Tylenol every other day. 
    (I'm not an abused spouse, and I am normally the one in charge - and certainly of my own health. But he felt strongly about it, so I went along with it. Not. This. Time.)

@poppyseed1017 Interesting to hear your DH story. Mine was a saint the first two months, then kind of shut down. Wouldn't watch DS alone for longer than an hour, or he would panic. Wouldn't get up in the mornings or help at night - for the first year. It caused a lot of tension especially between months 3-8. I am expecting more this time, and I think (hope! demand!) he will step it up this time. To be fair, he changed his fair share of diapers and did most of the cooking and housework. He just had no. idea. what to do with a baby. 
  • How far along are you? 29w3d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  More back pain, so I started wearing a support belt and OMG.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  School year countdown is ON!  27 class days until testing begins!!

Was your husband/partner a help or hindrance the first few weeks home? Do you think it will change this time?  He was amazing last time.  He was supportive, calm and did so many things.  He is a different person, now, due to the stroke he had when DS was 9 mos, so I don't really know what to expect.  He's been home for over a year now, and is the primary housekeeper, etc. I expect that having him home to help around the house and to help with DS is going to be great.  He may not "know" what needs to be done all of the time, but e is helpful, kind and generous by nature, so I think that we will work it all out.

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food restaurant?  Eh, I'm not huge on fast food.  There was a place in SC that we went to called BurgerFi, and it was pretty amazing.  At home, I'd say maybe Wendy's or Panera.

• How far along are you? 29w1d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Right now it seems to be the same as when I was this far with DD. Although I definitely feel more tired and run down. Walking more than an hour hurts everything. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

Was your husband/partner a help or hindrance the first few weeks home? Do you think it will change this time? Good question! He was definitely a huge help. DD was born during DH's off season (he works construction) so he was pretty much home for the first month, minus days here and there for snow plowing. He was a huge help in terms of taking over while I slept between feedings. This time around, he now owns his own construction business AND my EDD is smack in the middle of busy season. DH is working on making sure he doesn't have a full schedule in July, but he also has contracts and deadlines to meet. 

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food restaurant? I say Wendy's. And there isn't enough around compared to McDs.....that makes me sad. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • @virginiaunicorn11 It's a very tricky spot to be in because the dads really care about the wellbeing of the baby and they have the same right to press matters that they deem important. So it is valid in that sense. The issue is that we moms suffer, feel some of the worst pain in our lives, and that's disregarded (I couldn't even put on a shirt without grimacing in pain from my nipples, let alone let DD come anywhere near them). But at the end of the day the risks are so skewed and exaggerated. Kids are fine with formula, and raising a new born is hard enough without the frustration of milk supply and pain and discomfort. I'm gonna try my best to BF DD2, but I'll be more stern with DH this time if it's not working out, because looking back I was a lot more miserable than I should have been. When I quit at 5 months, I was so happy and liberated, never regretted that decision. 
    DH and I have a wonderful relationship of communication and support, he just has a tendency to worry and believe the worst possible outcome. It stems from his love to DD, so I can't fault him on it, I just need to rationalize with him.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes to all that @plumpous
    I think another aspect is there's not as much support for dads and it's not as much of a cultural norm for them to prepare for a kid in the way that women do. So they kind of have to wing it. I think if I was flying blind (no Bump, no books) and DH was the pregnant one, I would inadvertently overstep and not always be comfortable knowing my role. 
    I will try to remember that and be understanding of DH when LO arrives ;)

For us last time, we had a lot of tension because I didn't want to pump before 6 months. DH acted like if he couldn't feed DS, they couldn't bond and he couldn't watch him alone for an hour. We were both overdramatic about it all, and insisted our stance was a hard line. I'm not sure what will happen this time, but it's on my mind. 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I think we need to insist less and be more flexible. A week PP I went to the OB and had abnormally high blood pressure and they made me go to the ER. I asked my mom to watch DD and it was a few hours so she gave her formula. It was not our plan but she had to feed her. Life doesn't always go how we imagine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• This flexibility is the STM advantage that I am very much looking forward to! With my first, every little thing felt so dire.