November 2017 Moms

For Those That Have Or Will Have One Of Each:

misskay913misskay913 member
edited May 2017 in November 2017 Moms
Did your pregnancies feel the same boy and girl, or were they noticeably different (symptoms, cravings, etc.)?

Re: For Those That Have Or Will Have One Of Each:

• So far my symptoms are pretty much identical to my last pregnancy - that one was a boy and this one is girl.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • av2323av2323 member
    My pregnancies are noticeably different.  With DS I had tender breasts, constant crying jags that would last for days on end, a linea nigra, hemorrhoids, and constant urination.

This time I've had exhaustion, mild nausea, constipation, and back aches.
  • Loading the player...
  • My first pregnancy (girl) was significantly different than my boys when it comes to the MS. It let up by 16 weeks and I was not sick any longer. With the boys, I was sick and at least nauseous through delivery. I carried them all about the same, fairly high, but I am only 5'2 anyway. We will see if the MS lets up and if this turns out to be a girl or boy!   
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have two boys and both pregnancies were completely different. My first, I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was 17 weeks! I never ever felt pregnant and would tell people that if I didn't have a belly, I'd never believe I was pregnant. 

With my last pregnancy I knew something was off right away. I was extremely fatigued, slightly nauseous and very tender breasts. I had a few food aversions as well as some cravings. 

With this pregnancy I have severe fatigue, nausea and very tender breasts. I have major food aversions and cravings. I'm not sure of the gender for this one though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KarrotelleKarrotelle member
    edited May 2017
    I had a daughter, then a son and my pregnancies were VERY different. I knew it had to be a boy because it was soooo horrendous compared to my daughter lol

With my daughter I only had typical "morning" sickness in 1st tri. I craved ice cream. I felt great all the time. My skin was amazing. 

With my my son I threw up non stop all day every day until he was born. I was diagnosed with HG and in and out of the hospital for IV fluids and antinausea meds. I craved sour stuff. My skin was awful! I was so exhausted I couldn't function and my sciatic nerve was being a bitch. 

This time im soooooo sick. Skin is clear, but I'm exhausted and I crave sour stuff and salty things. So I vote one boy one girl (twins).

Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm stalking this thread like crazy and wish there were more people chiming in!

@Karrotelle You just convinced me I'm having a girl. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• With my first pregnancy, I was barely sick at all. K was tired, but for the most part I felt great the whole time. This time, I'm mildly nauseous all day long and very nauseous on an empty stomach. I don't know yet if this will be a boy or girl though!
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    @MississippiCatfish same. Stalking. 
    @Karrotelle your boy sounds like my pregnancy but I've got it in my head that it's a girl and I'm stubborn as can be ( plus I hate being wrong and DH thinks it's a boy) so i am sticking with it.. only time will tell! 
  • My boy pregnancies were both super easy compared to this one. Nice skin, mild MS, cravings and only a couple aversions, basically your model pregnancy. This one not so much.

This one has been really rough so I don't know! Horrible skin, lots of MS, don't want to eat anything. I am convinced I'm having another boy still but maybe that's because it's all I know?
  • I have one of each and I'm not sure what this one is yet. My first two pregnancies weren't all that different. I was a little more nauseous with my girl (though only threw up a handful of times) and a little more tired with my boy. I gained the same and carried the same with both of them, though my belly was huge with my boy (since he was huge too). By the second trimester, both of my pregnancies were the same.

I have no idea what this baby is. I'm more nauseous, though haven't thrown up, and exhausted always. I'm also on progesterone this time, which can affect both of those. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• QTAMum3QTAMum3 member
    HG seems to be worse with my last and this pregnancy than my first two but I was extremely exhausted with my first two also. We have 2 boys and 1 girl in that order. I spotted with DD and did this time around too but never with the boys pregnancies. I have a strong feeling that we will have a girl this time around and will be completely surprised if I am wrong. 
    Me: 30 DH: 34
    Married: 11/2013
     "Q" DS1: 3/2011
    "T" DS2: 10/2012
    "A" DD: 1/2014
    EDD #4: 11/26/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker

• I have one boy  and having a girl this time. I feel just as tired and nauseated as with my son. Hoping this changed as I start second tri tomorrow.
  • I was wondering the same thing. My first, DS I was fatigued and my sciatica was unbearable after the first tri. Not sure what I am having now but I feel nauseated all day the faintest smells make me feel terrible.I have a bit more energy but still rely on naps. My hair is falling and my eczema is flaring up way more than usual. I can't wait to find out the sex and determine if my pregnancy is different due to the sex. I also have way more cravings this time around.

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kschrefkschref member
    Mine have been very different, but this one really threw me for a loop.

Boy - I had tender breasts, nausea, little fuzzy hair grew on my stomach, and I had a patch of skin turn a dark brown/grey (flaked off a month or two after pregnancy)

Girl - Nausea and daily migraines.

This baby - *Exactly* like the pregnancy with my son except for the skin discoloration.  Annnnd, it's a girl.  I would have bet money it was a boy based on the symptoms but obviously my body has a sense of humor!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had a boy first, then girl. My third pregnancy we waited to find out until baby was born, and almost the whole time, it was very very much like my boy pregnancy. The way I carried, felt/symptoms, even the 4D ultrasound looked like a spitting image of my son's 4D around the same gestation. Every stranger and friend and relative told me it looked like I was carrying a boy. It was a girl! 
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
  • Pregnancy with my first son was way easier. No symptoms, no complications 'til major swelling at the end. Fast forward a few years and now with a girl I have had a lot of cramping, some bleeding, major aversions, more health issues like a leg vein leak, and got a huge belly much earlier this time around. I think its part due to my advanced maternal age and prepregnancy weight being significantly higher. But at least I did not have full blown morning sickness either time.
  • I have both and only big thing i notice is i gain far more weight with boys and cant loose it after girls gain a small amount and loose it all within weeks of giving birth 
  • JDW0325JDW0325 member
    I have a 3 year old son and just found out this bean is a girl.
    NIGHT AND DAY difference between pregnancies! I was never sick with my son, suuppper sick with this one. I had headaches with my son, almost none with this one. My skin is breaking out like crazy with this girl, perfect with my son.

• smromesmrome member
    My first trimesters are all that have varied with my pregnancies... My first two were girls with varying degrees of morning sickness and fatigue. My third was a boy and I only threw up once and didn't have much nausea. I don't know what I'm having this time around, but if MS is any indicator for me, it's another girl!
  • @kissthesky32 Was there a difference in the heart rates with your pregnancies? I know they say that it doesn't mean anything but the high heart rate proved true for my daughter. And this pregnancy it's slower! So I'm thinking maybe boy?! Just curious! 
  • @haleygriggs The only time I got a heart rate for either was my anatomy scan. The numbers were true for me - my girl was faster and my boy was slower.

Even though it was true for me, I think there have been quite a few studies done that show there is absolutely no truth to this old wives tale.

• tec124tec124 member
    My first (daughter) I was queasy every morning for the first trimester but it faded after.  I craved sweets and had horrible (scarring) acne.  
    This pregnancy (boy) I've had worse morning sickness that lasted a little past the first trimester, craving comfort foods, and no acne yet.  I get more headaches this time and was super crampy in the beginning which I don't remember with my daughter, but maybe that's a second pregnancy thing.