August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 5/1

2»

Re: Weekly Random 5/1

• I've always been a huge water drinker. I get 100 oz a day average. And yes, I pee every 5 min. But I have done it so long I get bad headaches when I don't have enough water now. I can instantly tell when I haven't had enough.
  • @tova24 Watching a friend's dog is crazy nice, especially one that destructive. Don't feel bad or guilty about this being the last time you dogsit him! You can't be dealing with all that when he's not even your pup. At least with having the baby soon you'll have a perfect out for never dogsitting again. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't track how much I'm drinking, but if my pee looks too dark I know I need to chug some water. I only allow one or two non water beverages in the day, aside from my morning coffee, which helps to keep me on pace. 
  • OMG!  I love Nutella.  I actually decided to cut back because I realized having a Nutella sandwich everyday for a week was not healthy.  I debated making g my own as well, but that's just too much effort.  Hopefully I pass my 3 hr glucose test and can have some again soon.

Weather is awful here too.  Cold and rainy. Possibility of snow this weekend.  Chances are will go from this to 85% with tons of humidity.  What happened to spring?

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I keep a 23oz bottle of smart water with me all day. I try to drink frequently to stay hydrated. I have been doing one bottle every two hours and refill it on my breaks at work. If I haven't finished it by break then I down what's left and refill it. It you chug it you will for sure pee more often then if you drink over time. Then when I get home I'll drink two or three more bottles and try to stop drinking an half hour to an hour before I go to bed so I'm not getting up in the night so much to pee.
  • DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited May 2017
    Another random- as I was getting ready for work today my right side of my belly felt like it was cramping. Not cool. I have a long walk to the train and the first few blocks were painful and it freaked me out. However, I must have overdone it at the gym yesterday with my ab workouts. It did feel more muscular than "inside" and now sitting at the office it doesn't hurt. Nothing like an early morning freak-out though. Baby's currently kicking, so nothing's wrong I assume. 

And, speaking of workouts, I was trying some pilates type exercises that were specifically posted as a video for pregnant women on the Fit Pregnancy FB page. I looked at my stomach while doing these and it was SO weird- the sides of my belly were tight and the very middle was puffed up! I did side planks too and noticed that the down-side oblique pushed the rest of my belling towards the ceiling. It's all weirding me out (but not enough to stop exercising). Edit-spelling

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the water advise.  I have a straw cup somewhere in the kitchen so I will find that and give it a try.  I may be getting close to 60oz.  I need to track a little better so I know where I am at.  I am a little intimidated by how much the big water bottles hold, but that seems the way to go.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 pilates teacher here: practice pulling the center of your belly in by imagining wearing a corset or tether lines running from the inside of your navel outwards to the floor. That "puffing up" is referred to as coning, and it's a sign that the rectus abdominals aren't fully activated in your exercises, and the weakening over time can lead to diastasis recti. We also call it "loaf of bread" and I tell my students to make the loaf into a slice.
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @dinofreak that is great to know! Thank you! And thanks, @DeansGirl14, for mentioning this.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• dinofreak said:
    @DeansGirl14 pilates teacher here: practice pulling the center of your belly in by imagining wearing a corset or tether lines running from the inside of your navel outwards to the floor. That "puffing up" is referred to as coning, and it's a sign that the rectus abdominals aren't fully activated in your exercises, and the weakening over time can lead to diastasis recti. We also call it "loaf of bread" and I tell my students to make the loaf into a slice.
    Thanks @dinofreak I definitely want to avoid diastasis recti if at all possible! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My moby wrap that I got from Zulily came in finally!  Its teal and Im in LOVE!!  DH's solly wrap also came in.  I cant wait to practice wrapping with it, and sticking my dog in it!  He's gonna hate it! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    Recall alert due to listeria 
  • https://www.target.com/p/women-s-crochet-flyaway-tankini-top-merona-153/-/A-50831603

I cant find the clothing and accessory thread. :-/

I bought this swimsuit top and it is very flattering and works great for a growing bump! It has enough coverage that I didn't feel inappropriate wearing it at my 9 year old son's birthday party, but it doesn't look "matronly" either. 

I have a bikini that I'll wear when we are around family, but my oldest boy is that age where he might get embarrassed if his mom is walking around with a big belly in a bikini. Lol! 

The top actually has an opening in the front, so if I'm laying out and want to get some sun on my tummy, I can pull the flaps to the side and do that.