August 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in: Week of 5/1

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: FTM Check-in: Week of 5/1

• Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks and 4 days! 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Nothing till 28 weeks, will have gestational diabetes test..

Cravings? Sweet things! I want chocolate at all times! 

Rants/Raves? Feeling good, my bump is clearly showing, and found out a friend of mine is pregnant with twins! she's due in October...

Questions for FTM, STM+? So I've been giving this lots and lots of thinking (sorry for the length). My twin sister is getting married 4 weeks from my EDD. Baby is not going to the wedding (my choice), we'll be staying in a hotel and I have a separate room for my in-laws, who will watch the baby from about 2pm to the next morning. Wedding venue is 5 minutes from hotel (we live 4 hours from wedding). I do plan on nursing, and I'm praying by then we can transition the baby to the  bottle. I plan on pumping through the night to keep things moving, and will hopefully will have enough milk for my MIL to feed the baby. We plan on bringing the baby's pack and play, and everything my MIL would need. Not going to the wedding is not an option, its my twin sister and I want to  be there. Is leaving a 4 week old overnight too soon? Any suggestions or insights would help! 

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? I would say Game of Thrones. I feel everyone loves it! It's too violent for me! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks tomorrow

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? I had my appointment last week, and had the GD test. I am pretty sure I passed (115 was my number), but I realized that I never asked the OB what my office considers passing.  The patient portal had a range going up to 140, but that seemed high, But becuase I never asked, I will just assume I passed unless I get a call from my OB.  

Cravings? Sweets, as usual.  

Rants/Raves? The nursery is almost finished! We have to do a ton of organizing, but its so close! Also how is my EDD 3 months and 1 week away??  This is insane! 
    I am flying next week to KS for my sisters college graduation.  Im looking forward to seeing my whole family, and sister, but Im slightly nervous about flying and being comfortable.  Its not a super long flight, we have a layover so flight 1 is about 45 minutes, and then the second is just about 2 hours.  Ive already started my packing list, and am planning on buying some good snacks to bring with me! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Any suggestions for being/staying comfortable while flying at almost 28 weeks? 

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? One thing would be coconut.  I hate the flavor of it, and I feel like most people cant get enough.  

@jacksonbears  I wouldn't worry too much about leaving your baby at 4ish weeks.  You are going to be nice and close, so if you need some snuggle time, or if something is going wrong, you are right there.  Plus if you haven't built your supply up enough, you can always go back for a quick feeding.  I am a FTM, so who knows how I will feel come August, but I know plenty of people who have left their babies for an over night around then.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jacksonbears It sounds like the baby will be in the same hotel as you, just in a different room?
  • Options
    @kudlica27 yes, the baby will be in a separate hotel room, friday night and saturday morning/afternoon we'll be together, then when pictures start MIL will take over (around 2pm). I'm hoping that'll be about 6-8 feedings, so I want to make sure there's enough for her. 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I flew at 34 weeks last time and here's what I remember being helpful. Get an aisle seat if possible. Get up and walk if possible (you know, they take the seatbelt sign off). I wore compression socks to help with swelling. Dress comfortably! Know people are going to look at you like you are crazy flying pregnant, might burst, and they will have to deliver your baby. Also, water intake!

@jacksonbears it's totally a personal decision. I think it's more about you and DH's comfort level with it than anything else. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @jacksonbears I left my LO at that age with a bottle, but not for that long. Worse case scenario, You would need to stop what you are doing and nurse her. Remember, nursing is more efficient than pumping. So if there is a point when you can nurse her rather than pump, do it. If you could even stop in and nurse during the reception, it would be helpful. Pumping takes time, so in reality, the time you would take to go pump you could almost nurse her (considering you are so close to the hotel.) Also, even though you plan for your in-laws to keep her till morning, just changing one night feeding to a nursing session might help. Just keep an open mind going into it. And don't stress about it. Stressing reduces milk production!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    23+5
    GD 3 hour test this week. My doc has everyone go straight to the 3-hour.
    Cravings?
    Waffles. I've had them for breakfast every day. 
    Rants/Raves?
    Feeling down on myself. I haven't gained any weight recently, but I look significantly puffier all over. My face especially. It's just hard to have some things be out of my control. 
    Rave: I had my first baby shower at work last weekend (I'm a dance teacher, it was mostly students and their moms). I had low expectations for attendance but there were a ton of people there! I was/ am feeling the love
    Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? 
    Tabasco. I love most hot sauces and put them on everything, but I won't touch Tobasco. 
  • Options
    @jacksonbears the way I see it, your MIL successfully kept your husband alive when he was 4 weeks old so your baby will be in excellent hands. I'm sure it will be harder on you than your baby or ILs. You sound like you have a pretty good plan worked out and if you have to improvise that is fine too! And I am with you on GOT!

How far along are you? 
    24+2
    Not for a few weeks
    Cravings?
    Fresh fruit at the moment, might stop and grab some on my way to work...
    Rants/Raves?
    I slept pretty good last night, thank goodness!
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    I am interested in getting a wrap of some sort to wear the baby, did you find that they were helpful even with your first? I know a lot of 2nd and 3rd time mom's swear by them because they are chasing around other kids, but I feel like it would be helpful for when I am trying to get things done around the house and baby doesn't want to be put down. Practical? Not helpful?
    I am now thinking of tv shows and can't deal with the Walking Dead. I watched it in the beginning but quickly got tired of seeing people get eaten and/or head chopped off/etc. I felt like the plot is so circular, but people still love it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks!!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Not for another 2 weeks. 

Cravings? Salty-chips and dip, mac/cheese, fruit and big salads!

Rants/Raves? Not fitting in my shoes by the end of the day...and the cleaning crew at my office threw out the box I was using o put my feet up under my desk. Not cool people!

Questions for FTM, STM+? The flying tips are great, we are babymoon-bound for AZ next Thurs-Mon which is just over 3hrs. So water, aisle, compression socks?. Plus, we plan on getting sunscreen when we get there and I got extra sun hat and sunglasses. 

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? chocolate ice cream or cake. I like vanilla ice cream with fudge, or vanilla cake with chocolate icing. But full on chocolate ice cream or cake is WAY to much for me. People think I am crazy.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited May 2017

How far along are you? 26+4

Cravings? Pizza craving hit Saturday. Ordered delivery... awesome. 

Rants/Raves? Preggo insomnia sucks. Yawn. Rave- met my friend's newborn (2 weeks old) this weekend! He's so cute! I love how tiny babies always have their mouths open ready to suckle- it's just the sweetest. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? This same friend was filling me in on the recovery process, but I thought of this later- how do doctors or nurses know when you're bleeding normally after delivery and hemorrhaging? How would you know the difference at home?

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise?  Beer. I hate beer. Give me wine or cocktails, but beer- blugh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @WineAndDogs I wore DD after she was born in a K'Tan and then later in a Tula. Even tasks like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc can be done when babywearing. I plan to wear this one too. Not a waste IMO. 

@DeansGirl14 if I'm remembering correctly, there are guidelines based on how quickly you fill a pad/how often they need changed. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @smallbutmight77 I currently have my feet propped up on a recycling bin under my desk. It helps so much with the swelling! 

How far along are you? 25 + 5

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Glucose test 5/17 - nothing until then. This will be my last monthly appointment before switching to every 2 weeks!

Cravings? Nothing crazy, made strawberry shortcake again which was delicious. This time with strawberries and blackberries. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: it's Monday and cold. My birthday is today! DH was so sweet and made homemade sushi Saturday night to celebrate. I ate so much...I think I officially satisfied that craving for now. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? None come to mind at the moment.. 

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? This is a hard one! Food wise, I'd say coffee-flavored anything. I love coffee by itself, but can't stand mocha or coffee ice cream, cake, pie, etc.. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    Just over 23 weeks. 

Last week, everything is fine. I really liked the midwife I had this time. :)

My office has these group evening appointments/learning sessions for the summer birth months every two weeks starting now. I'm thinking of going to them to see what it's all about. It would take the place of my standard appointments for awhile.

Cravings?
    Fresh fruit

Rants/Raves?
    We seriously have no idea where we want to go away for vacation in 17 days time. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    My pillow situation is now up to four pillows strategically placed each night. Clearly I now need something else. Do I try just a body pillow? Or would you guys recommend a certain pregnancy pillow? 

Tuna fish. BLECH. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? chocolate ice cream or cake. I like vanilla ice cream with fudge, or vanilla cake with chocolate icing. But full on chocolate ice cream or cake is WAY to much for me. People think I am crazy.
    @smallbutmighty77 I love chocolate, but also don't like chocolate ice cream! It just never tastes right to me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23 +2!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Just had our regular monthly prenatal appt this morning. Measuring great and baby's heartbeat sounded awesome! They gave me the glucose drink for next time. At least I get to keep it in the fridge and drink it before I get to the doctor's office. A bit nervous about the test because I literally only drink milk and water. I've never even tried soda (I know, I'm weird). Hoping that I'll be able to down it in the 5 minutes with no issues. 

Cravings? All things sweet! Lots of chocolate, ice cream, pancakes. 

Rants/Raves? My mom has really been pissing me off recently. She keeps making comments about how massive I am and that when she was pregnant, she hardly gained any weight and was like 100 pounds. Whatever. I'm 5'2" and the baby really had nowhere to go but out. The doctor is pleased with how I'm measuring so that's all that matters but my mom's comments still really get to me. On the brighter side, I love feeling (and seeing) TONS of kicks these days! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Is anyone else having random or intermittent BH contractions yet? I think I am starting get these. I'll get a cramping/tightening sensation and then my stomach gets really hard for like 30 seconds or so. They don't happen everyday, but it surprises me because I thought these happen more in the 3rd trimester. 

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? I'm a foodie, so there's not much I don't love or eat. But going back to the top of my post, I don't drink soda (and again, have never tried it) so that's different from a lot of other peeps. 
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 Oh yeah, I've been having the BH contractions for several weeks now. It doesn't hurt but it sure is uncomfortable. I hear all you can really do is remember to drink more water. 

@secicc12 happy birthday!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    secicc12 said:
    @smallbutmight77 I currently have my feet propped up on a recycling bin under my desk. It helps so much with the swelling!  
    @smallbutmighty77 +1 to this!  I have a trashcan under my desk and my feet are up on it now (shoes off).  Its been a life saver, both for swelling and for back pain. 

@secicc12 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

@mango517 I have 4 pillows that I use to prop myself up with.  3 are under my head and one goes behind them to keep them from falling between the mattress and head board.  They are sort of staggered, so that they make more of a "ramp".  This is helping with my crazy snoring and lately the oh so fun heartburn.  I also have a mini snoogle for my back/legs.  Poor DH.  I love my mini snoogle, as the full body pillow was too much for me. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    jacksonbearsjacksonbears member
    edited May 2017
    @secicc12 Happy Birthday!! @smallbutmighty77 I gasped when I read your GTKY, i love chocolate everything! HAHA

@mrsjqg1024 I actually had BH during my 20 week ultrasound. Doctor said it was normal, and to help is to just change positions. 
  • Options
    I just spent like 15mins walking around my office trying to find a new box-I have yet to find one. It does not help that it is wet and gross out so I wore my rain boots today. I just want my feet out of my boots and propped up on a box!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @secicc12 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@WineAndDogs I recommend baby wearing. I had a boba wrap that I used with DS, I've purchased a Lillebaby wrap and carrier to wear with LO. The wraps are best when they're teeny tiny then after a few weeks I'll switch to the carrier.

@DeansGirl14 after delivery the nurses massage your uterus and  watch you pee (the nurse literally bent down and so she was eye level with my crotch) to monitor bleeding. The uterus massage is extremely painful but they want to make sure your uterus is contracting at the right rate.

@mrsjqg1024 make sure you're drinking enough water. Dehydration can cause BHs.

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    @Mango517 I use a Leachco Snoogle maternity pillow. I got it a while back because I normally sleep on my stomach and I needed something to help me stay on my side. Someone gave me a gift card to Babies R Us so I got my pillow there. When I picked it up, I got stopped by all these different ladies saying it was the best pillow they ever tried. I have really enjoyed mine. I may even keep it after! It's so comfy!

How far along are you?

26 weeks, 4 days

Last week. Did the Glucola thing (yuck). I got cleared for diabetes though, so that is a relief. My LO was showing off during the heart rate measuring too. He kept interrupting with his kicks. My OB thought it was funny. They gave me a big folder with a lot of information to prepare me for the third trimester. So much to go through!

Cravings?
    Nothing specific anymore. But I still have moments when someone will mention a random food and then I suddenly realize that I REALLY want that food.

Rants/Raves?
    Had a small scare this weekend. A pea-sized lump developed in the lower region of my armpit. It was a bit tender, and felt hard in the center. I thought it was just a small irritation from shaving so I treated it with acetaminophen and warm compresses as usual. It didn't change after two days, so I went into urgent care under the advisement of my doctor. I am glad I did, because it ended up being a swollen lymph node due to me having a minor staff infection in the hair follicles. It's good  came in, because it has to be treated with antibiotics, and fortunately they have one for this condition that is safe for pregnancy. The pill smells weird... and I have to take it 3 times a day for 10 days. It's day 2 and the lump has only gone down slightly, but the pain is gone. So be advised, if you get a lump in the armpit, get it checked! You never know.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    None right now. :smile:

Most of the more popular TV series right now (ex: Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, etc.). People keep going "Oh my gosh! You HAVE to watch this series!" I try it and I can't even understand why there is a following. I have never really been a big TV person though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    How far along are you? 25w/1d

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? I need to get the Glucose challenge done this week (I planned to go Saturday but didn't make it)

Cravings? Sweets

Rants/Raves? We picked out our car seat (Nuna Pipa) and I think that's the last big $$ purchase we need to make - now we wait for my shower and top up the list from there.

Questions for FTM, STM+? 

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? The show Game of Thrones - I hated it after a couple episodes. Not my thing.

@secicc12 Happy birthday!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    imwithbabyimwithbaby member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 23+6

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Nope! Nothing this week or next.

Cravings? Chocolate still. And cake. I made blueberry muffins with some of the blueberries we picked this weekend to satisfy my cake craving! (But now I've eaten them all. Sad.)

Rants/Raves? Rave: babymoon this weekend! Cannot wait. Just sad I'll be missing out on the vino that I normally enjoy on vacation.
    Rant: pubic bone pain! Each week my chiro has asked me if I've had any pubic bone pain and I've had no clue what she was talking about until last night. Woof!

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise?  In no particular order: GoT, Lord of the Rings, goal setting, Sprite, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development, the color orange, cats, enchiladas, cheese, stand up comedy, pants (waistbands in general), and movie theaters

ETA: HBD @secicc12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have such a great day! ❤️
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited May 2017
    @jacksonbears I think you have a good plan for your wedding but could you possibly ask your ILs for a key to their room so you can sneak in and get the baby if you want (while leaving them a text or note so they know)? DH could grab the pack n play and that way you'd just have the option of bringing baby back to your room. ETA: Also, DH read game of thrones and it is not nearly as graphic in the books. I appreciate the story lines but don't love some of the HBO-ness of the TV show.

@littlebug2010 everyone recommended compression socks to me before our trip. 5hr flight and 4 hour flight and it was fine. I just got up and stretched/walked around about every hour. I was only 22 weeks though. I will be in the same boat with a 6hr flight and 5 hr flight when going across the country for my sister's graduation at 27/28 weeks. OB also recommended staying hydrated. She actually said I only needed to get up every 2 hours and your flights are shorter than that.

@smallbutmighty77 make sure you buy the mineral sunscreen, not the chemical. It can be harder to find but every drugstore should have it (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are the only 1 or 2 active ingredients it should list).

How far along are you? 24 weeks

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Regular appointment on Friday, GD test next Monday morning.

Cravings? I might finally be over my lack of interest in meat and chicken! Not craving it though.

Rants/Raves? Rant and Rave: My mom is throwing me a surprise shower while I'm home for my sister's graduation (the next weekend). DH told me because I was mad BIL just dictated a day he was visiting and that we were expected to be present, which was apparently the "guise" for me to keep it open so he eventually told me because I was getting seriously pissed. The point is less about me being surprised and more about me not worrying about the details so it's a nice idea but if DH hadn't told me I wouldn't have brought appropriate clothes home or made sure our registry was in a good place and it's killing me not to know any of what's going on.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Posting in appropriate threads for my questions.

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? Mint and chocolate. Thin mints are growing on me, especially when frozen, but I hate mint chip ice cream, andes mints, etc.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 My mom and sister are throwing my shower in July, and my mom was pissed when I found out about it (I only know the date).  Im super happy I know, so I can make sure to wear something that is cute, and shows off the bump.  I didnt know about my bridal shower, and I changed after church, and was in an old tank.  I was so sad that my outfit wasnt cute for all those photos.   Also my sister is graduating next weekend as well (thats why I have to fly)! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @kvh22 that's a good idea. I asked my sister for the days schedule, and looks like we have about 1 1/2 hour break between pictures and ceremony. I think I'd head back to checkup/feed her, then leave by 5pm. That would give me some relief...also, frozen thin mints are amazing!!! 
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 Yayyy babymoon! Where are you guys going?? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    26 weeks 5 days

no appointment till next Friday 

Cravings?
    Taco Bell

Rants/Raves?
    Went to an infant class recently. Was very informative, but breastfeeding was being pushed so much. As someone who plans on formula feeding that rubbed me the wrong way and made me worried that it might get pushed on me after delivering 
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Is it doable to work till my due date or should I take off earlier? My job is flexible where I wouldn't need to tell my boss till the week I take off.

Peanut butter
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 Jekyll Island, GA! I see lots of naps and pool laying in my future. And Victorian High Tea! 
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 almost everyone I know who is now a mom worked right up until the day of or day prior. Unless your OB/Midwife states otherwise. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @Kathryn0903 I plan to work until my due date unless I need to stop medically. My job isn't physical and I don't see a reason to eat into my maternity leave before the baby gets here. I do plan to stop all travel for work about 3 weeks before my due date. 

The only people I knew who had a date for leaving either had a planned c-section or were leaving their jobs. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I worked up until my due date with DS and plan to do the same this time. I might start working from home 1-2 weeks before my due date. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    I had a scheduled c section with DS, it was on Monday, I worked through Friday. I wanted to keep my time for when he was here. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23+2

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? my next appt is in 3 weeks :( 

Cravings? chocolate (I threw out all of our Easter candy because I had no self control!) 

Rants/Raves? my husband is at a playoff hockey game tonight. It's our 10 year dating anniversary tonight and I had a rough day at work. It would have been nice to spend it with him! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? We are thinking about traveling to Europe in the spring when our LO will be about 6-7 months. Any tips for travel? We may buy a cheaper convertible seat so that our infant seat doesn't get ruined during the flight. Also planning on baby carrying and buying diapers once we land. Are we crazy? 

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? nutella. yuck! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    mokay19mokay19 member
    How far along are you? 25 weeks!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?  last week had a check up that DH was able to attend and everything is good!  I'm gaining weight kind of quickly IMO but the doctor and nurses both said that I'm very healthy and it's fine.  DH liked the NP that we talked to the whole time so that was a bonus haha

Cravings?  food.  all food.

Rants/Raves?  I love the baby kicks!  But it keeps kicking my bladder while at work and I seriously pee more than I even thought was humanly possible.

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's one thing that everyone seems to love, but you can't stand or despise? KETCHUP.  Seriously, it is the grossest thing that has ever been invented.  I don't even keep any in the house because it grosses me out that much.  Now I'm nauseous just thinking about it!

@jacksonbears I'm a FTM and I don't think that's too soon to leave your child with a trusted caregiver!  Plus, you'll be so close and available if needed.  Also, I love the violence of GoT :)

@dinofreak omg now I want waffles...

@secicc12 Happy Birthday!  Also, I was literally just telling my DH that I wanted to go buy everything to make endless strawberry shortcakes haha

@mrsjqg1024 I literally hate when people think it's funny to tell you how big you are.  Like yes, I have a short torso but the baby is still going to grow somewhere.  Plus, the baby is healthy so I'm happy.  I gave someone the death stare the other day when they asked "are you sure it isn't twins?"

Hopefully I can do more responses later!  Gotta run to grab some Mexican food now :)
  • Options
    @BlackNYellow I'm summoning @Nxy for you since she lives in Europe. My sister and BIl live in Switzerland and moved there with three under three (youngest was four months old). I know she says things are more expensive over there so may be smarter/more economical to take diapers along. They don't weigh much, it's more of a space issue but if you have a big suitcase I'd think you'd be fine. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @BlackNYellow Go for it! That sounds like an awesome experience. DH and I are going to try and take advantage of kids under 2 yrs old flying for free as much as possible. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mokay19mokay19 member
    @BlackNYellow I vote go for the trip, too! The child won't be old enough to have to chase them around, you just bring them everywhere you want (and can)!
  • Options
    mia080mia080 member
    How far along are you? 24 weeks +3

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? had a follow up A/S & everything was great other than her still being in a breech position curled into ball so we couldn't get a photo of her profile. next one isn't until mid-May

Cravings? fast food when i'm reaaallllyyy hungry and desperate. feeling bad that i've been slacking on making healthier choices lately.  :#

Rants/Raves? oh the registry stress.... do we have a "registry" thread? i'd love to see what other people are registering for

Questions for FTM, STM+? i have my next appt scheduled (i'll be almost 27 weeks) and there has been no mention of the glucose test... i almost don't want to press the issue in case i somehow don't have to take it! haha
    has anyone else not had theirs even scheduled? is it something they'll just spring on me when i arrive for my next appointment? 

can't believe people don't like GoT! i was not into the idea of the show or the first episode, but once we got deeper into the season we were hooked. sad it's coming to an end.
    I love chocolate, and i like peanut butter - but i can't stand mixing the two. ie, reese's... chocolate/PB ice cream, etc. EWWWW. 
    also, same with the tabasco. i love sriracha, and other hot sauces...but tabasco? noooo thank you
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 @jacksonbears @britvahok Thanks so much for your insight! It definitely freaks me out when it happens, but I know that it's probably normal. I do need to be on top of drinking more water. I've struggled with that forever it seems. I just hope that once the real hot weather comes, I can keep up with the water intake!

@mokay19 I know, people's comments about how big I am have been the most annoying so far. That and the fact that everyone has to comment about my due date in August and how miserable I'm going to be. My mom also keeps saying, "are you sure there's only one in there???". Yup, after 6 ultrasounds, I'm pretty sure..