August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/1

How are you feeling?  Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/1

• Is nesting a symptom? I'm having urges to clean all the things and get bunches of stuff done, but anxious about overdoing it. I'm trying to do a little each day.
  • @SouthernMama15 I think nesting has started for me too. Totally just cleaned out the closet in the nursery this weekend. 

Is being tired a symptom? Not sure if it's pregnancy related or maybe I'm just burnt out from the semester and ready to be done with students. I totally went to bed at 8 last night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely a yes on the nesting. I have been cleaning, re organizing, excavating my apartment. I'm being held back a bit because our roommate doesn't move out of the spare bedroom (soon to be nursery) until the end of this month. Its driving me CRAZY!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've been really shakey when I'm hungry lately. Worst then normal. Definitely telling my doctor on Wed at my appt. 
  • DH has been the one nesting!  He has been doing all the nursery set up.  I love buying the stuff, but then I just want it to magically be done, I have zero desire to set up anything.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • My gums are getting worse (same as last time). They will just randomly start bleeding, especially at night. Who doesn't love that taste as you're trying to fall asleep!?

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Everything was making me cry yesterday. At least my dog trying to lick the tears and snot off my face helps me laugh it off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My bones just hurt by the end of the day. I feel like I am eighty years old trying to climb into bed at night.
  • I've still been dealing with palpitations and tachycardia. I mentioned it on a local mom group and got a lot of responses from people who went thru the same thing. I don't think I've really seen it mentioned here yet. Gonna bring it up at my OB appt this week but basically it's all normal. 
  • @brookedeyo I had those my second pregnancy. Not exactly sure why with that one and not my others. I have noticed this time I with get mild tachycardia after drinking any amount or caffeine. Not fun,but cardiologist said nothing can be done as long as it does not effect blood pressure. Your heart is in complete overdrive during pregnancy. Glad you found some answers though. And I hope you are not feeling bad because of it. 
  • Yes to the nesting!

So I have this completely irrational fear of going into labor way too early... my water broke with DS at 38 weeks, but I'm petrified of it breaking now (I'm 25+2). Baby has been so active lately,  pushing against my bladder and other organs, and I'm so afraid that it will kick so hard and break the water.  I know it's so unlikely, and that it's a crazy fear to have,  but it's so bad.... 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm having crazy round ligament pain. I can't roll over in bed without having one side spasm. It blows. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• So today at dinner my husband asked where my eyebrows went... You guys, I just noticed the same thing that last week, my eyebrows have apparently packed up and left my face. They don't look much thinner, just suddenly they are really really light. Oddly, my eyelashes are the longest and darkest they've ever been...

My arm and leg hair are also not growing either . It's the oddest thing. Is this happening to anyone else? 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 my leg hair grew really slow with DD and is doing it again this pregnancy (Team Green). I have heard this is common for many pregnant women and usually when carrying a girl.

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump My leg hair growth has slowed to a snails pace. (It's kinda great as the weather gets warmer.) I'm having a boy, but at least it is nice to hear that it's not completely uncommon in pregnancy for some women. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since Saturday, I have a really tender spot on my stomach just to the left of my belly button. I think it's a muscle thing, but I'm glad I have an appointment tomorrow to talk with my doctor about it. 
  • Just woke up and got sick...that hasn't happened in a while. felt like acid in my throat and barely made it to the bathroom.  Feeling super crappy now. Head propped up and drank some water.
    Also today was the 1st day my belly felt heavy at the bottom, like it needed some support. 
    Rough night. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • My hair growth has also slowed down, and I'm having a girl. I consider it a bonus. 

I think I'm just hitting the proverbial wall with pregnancy, to use a popular running term. I'm tired of being congested all the time, tired of being tired, the BH contractions happen several times a day now no matter how much water I drink, it's gotten hard to roll over at night so I never sleep well.  Then there's the continual Disclesis doses and stool softener doses. The heavy uterus thing is happening more often. Three more months of this crap?
    The baby is getting stronger so I do love feeling her move and kick. But it's like, can you just come out already?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wish my leg hair would slow down a bit.  Thankfully its not super warm here all the time yet, so I can get away with hairy legs most of the time.  @Mango517 I have noticed hair color changes.  Mine was super strawberry blonde and really straight, and now its much darker, and has wicked curl to it (really its probably more wave, but coming from stick straight hair its super curly to me).  My Moms hair darkened both pregnancies, and it eventually went most of the way back to its normal color, but not completely.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    Since Saturday, I have a really tender spot on my stomach just to the left of my belly button. I think it's a muscle thing, but I'm glad I have an appointment tomorrow to talk with my doctor about it. 
    Oh I hope this isn't the start of an umbilical hernia! I got one after my last pregnancy and it sucked!  Fingers crossed it's nothing!!
  • AbbeyH said:
    Since Saturday, I have a really tender spot on my stomach just to the left of my belly button. I think it's a muscle thing, but I'm glad I have an appointment tomorrow to talk with my doctor about it. 
    Oh I hope this isn't the start of an umbilical hernia! I got one after my last pregnancy and it sucked!  Fingers crossed it's nothing!!
    Do I even want to google??? I asked my doctor and she didn't seem too concerned and said it probably is just the abdominal muscles pulling apart and could be a stretched nerve. 
  • The last 2 days my nausea has returned. I thought I left that pregnancy joy back at 16 weeks. 

As it's starting to get warmer and I'm getting bigger, I really wish I had the hair growth slow down. I had it with my daughter but not so lucky this time around. 
  • I've got super gross sweaty feet going on. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JCPSand2B said:
    The last 2 days my nausea has returned. I thought I left that pregnancy joy back at 16 weeks. 

As it's starting to get warmer and I'm getting bigger, I really wish I had the hair growth slow down. I had it with my daughter but not so lucky this time around. 

MINE TOO! IT SUCKS
  • Ok I have something weird going on with me that i'm kind of embarrassed to ask about but oh well! haha. So lately i've noticed that I have a sort of strong odor after I go to the bathroom, it smells like ammonia and sometimes even my underwear smell like it. I was recently tested for any type of infection because I was having cramps but everything came back fine. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
  • The heartburn is unreal. I can't get it to go away and it makes me constantly feel like I'm going to puke. 
  • lyse01lyse01 member
    @Lindstothee Totally had that for 24-36 hours, and then it was gone. I'm betting on something I ate, rather than a long term thing.
  • dma0389dma0389 member
    VARICOSE VEINS on my left calf! Apparently my Mom saw them like a week ago and thought I knew about it. I got in the car to work this morning and find the hideous veins bec I wore a skirt today, I typically wear business casual pants to work. OMG they are UGLY! I've never had them my entire life nor in my 1st pregnancy with DS.  WTH?!!
    Pregnancy Ticker