December 2017 Moms
Options

Please ease my mind about spotting

I recently had a miscarriage and I'm 7 weeks 5 days pregnant right now. I was super sick yesterday and the day before which I know is a great sign. But I just went pee and when I wiped I was spotting. I'm asking for prayers ! 

Re: Please ease my mind about spotting

• Options
    I spotted for 3 weeks straight and everything is still good. Spotting can be super normal in pregnancy! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Thank you 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation with spotting and my doctor said it is super common. As long as it's not heavy like a period or accompanied by cramping then he said not to worry.

sending prayers your way anyway for peace of mind.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I spotted from week 5 to mid week 6 and so far things are ok here as well. Sending prayers. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    I've been "spotting" with more of brownish color can red and I've seen baby and heartbeat. Dr said normal try not to worry too much! 
  • Options
    What everyone said above. I spotted (and even bled!) with my first two pregnancies and both turned into healthy babies. There is not much to say to calm your nerves, because I remember even after doctor told me things were fine, I still lived with constant anxiety as long as I was spotting. But like the others have said, it's sooo common in pregnancy, as long as it doesn't turn heavy or have clots and there's minimal cramping (because cramping is normal too while your ute makes room for the growing little one). 
  • Options
    **lurking from Oct 17**

@britannykay I had a loss in January and found out I was pregnant again in February. Around 7 weeks I started spotting for 2-3 days. I highly recommend calling your doctor and letting them know you are currently spotting and recently experienced a loss. My doctor had me go in for an US to check on the baby and try to findsource of bleeding. You may also want to have them check your progesterone levels. Everything turned out to be okay for me and I'm currently almost 15 weeks. I really hope everything turns out great for you too!
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Stay encouraged mama. I spotted for the entire 1st tri with DS. I do think a talk with your Dr is warranted so maybe they can find the source of the spotting. I had a low lying placenta and low progesterone even with taking supplements. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    vhill74vhill74 member
    @britannykay any updates? Have you gone to the Doc? 
  • Options
    I had period like cramps for a few hours two days in a row and am now spotting. Desperately hoping it's normal but all of my pregnancy symptoms have now taken a total 180  I'm exhausted, really irritable, no interest in eating so I'm going in for a blood draw today to check my levels.  My dr calculated and said I'm 5w5d but every other app says 6w2d or almost 7 weeks so idk why those are so different. Hoping for the best. 
  • Options
    Are you on progesterone by any chance? That causes cervix irritation which can cause spotting. I had some light pink spotting last week and it was from the applicator irritating my cervix!

Me (29) DH (31)
    TTC Since 2015
    IUI #1-3 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI - BFP - EDD 15/12/17