November 2017 Moms

Favorite food or snack you want to share

Hi! So I know the title of this might be weird but it something I've been thinking about, what foods I hope my baby will like. See when my lil one is older and can eat whole solids I want to share some of my fav snacks from when I grew up with them, so hears my question for all the new mom and the seasoned moms, what foods do you want to share with your little ones or that you have shared with them?

Re: Favorite food or snack you want to share

• Mine will definitely get apples with peanut butter once they are old enough! It was my big sisters' and my go to. Also cheese, crackers and pepperoni was one my mom and I loved!
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to share "ants on a log" with mine but me and my husband both had nut allergies mine was more severe and I'm worried it will be something they have
  • KarrotelleKarrotelle member
    edited April 2017
    I'm craving salt and vinegar. So rather than demolish an entire bag of salt and vinegar chips every night, I've started having cherry tomatoes, cucumber and hard boiled egg and drizzling balsamic vinegar on top with a little course salt. It seems to be curbing my desire for S&V chips and it's obviously much healthier and fills me up. It stays down too, which is a bonus!
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going to be such a downer here. My son doesn't and can't eat or drink other than a few sips of water from time to time. I'm both terrified about and looking forward to feeding this baby. 

I had so many ideals about how I'd feed my son. I was going to make his food myself, I read all these books on baby led weaning, I was so ready. But he lives on prescription infant formula through a tube at age 6, with no expectation that he'll ever fully transition off it. He's never had a birthday cake or a piece of pizza, or a cheerio, and I don't know if he ever will. 

So I'm hopeful that this baby gets a normal, healthy relationship with food and can choose what s/he likes and doesn't like. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @pawcall So much love to you. You're an awesome mama. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @pawcall that must be so difficult. Sending you and him so many hugs! 
  • My little dude is too small for this now but my Grampa used to make these unbelievable monster cookies.  I can't wait to make those with him.  
  • @av2323 monster cookies are the best! Hope your lil man likes them.
  • @pawcall I know it must be hard not being able to give your son the foods he sees others eating or that you wish he could enjoy with you, but you are giving him what he needs nutritional to thrive, and maybe in the future he might be able to have that birthday cake. Your an awesome mom and I shall keep you and your son in my prayers 
  • Our special treats are much more centered around holidays! We have special anisette cookies, yummy chicken wings, and Portuguese sweet bread that all come up at different holidays. Also, I make the best chocolate chip cookies and I follow my great grandmothers secret recipe for them and I love making them for our kids, so they'll be special for LO, too. Oh, and DH and I are cheese snobs, so we LO likes fancy cheeses as much as our others do!