August 2017 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 4/27

Let's hear it! What's got you tearing up?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 4/27

• *Potential TW* One of my good friends was due with her second child in early September and sadly had a MMC at 10 weeks. She only had once cycle and thought all was lost (ovulated super late with no clear temp rise, two negative blood tests, all signs pointing to AF) but randomly took a test today and got a clear positive! I am so happy for her and we are both excited about being pregnant together! <3 Happy tears are the best tears! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• dma0389dma0389 member
    edited April 2017
    The NFL Draft every stinking year but this time it's intense. I always have noticed that the draftees when selected hug/kiss/pay tribute to their mothers usually first or sometimes their grandma. And i sit on my couch sniffing and in tears!

My DH laughs at me bec he says the NFL draft is my "Hallmark Channel" hahaha. And every time I have the feels or yell "mama!!" when the draftee hugs his mom, my 2 yo DS looks at me with a look that says - don't cry! He even hugged me when I cried when Deshaun Watson was picked (worked 4 jobs to help his mom who had cancer. She went on the stage when he was called and I bawled). 

While I do look forward to where the draftees end up in the NFL (esp. them boys of the FSU SEMINOLES!) I do get sentimental hahah. The feels!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @dma0389 Deshaun is from the county next to where I grew up. I have some family that knows him. I'm not a sports person, but I'm so proud of him.
  • @dma0389 pretty sure all the Bears fans were crying with you last night! (Chicago girl here-but Bears are not my team-ever.) 
    My dog went into the nursery last night and laid down, just stuck her head out the door into the hall...I was so proud of her guarding this empty room that she seems to realize is important to us...started crying and went over to give her lots of love! 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 hahaha I was crying tears of laughter when the analysts & crowd were all stunned by that draft pick!! 

But your sweet dog, oh that melts the heart,, she knows! The feels!! I love pets and esp when they show affection to their sweet brothers or sisters. :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am puppy sitting my friend's dog. My dog and her dog wouldn't stop playing in the bed...all night long. 
  • DH brought a onesie home last night - cute little Toronto Blue Jays newborn & a 0-3. He asked if we could use it as a "coming home outfit" for our little guy. And then said that he got both sizes on purpose because he knows that newborn is usually up to 7lbs and if he's a chunker like I was (bahaha but I was 11lbs 9oz) we would be prepared. After weeks of feeling like he doesn't listen to anything baby-ish or maybe wasn't quite as excited I melted. So cute. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• At my appointment yesterday, the front office staff hands me a "insurance contract" that basically outlines how much of my deductible has been paid (it's $0) and how much we will owe for the midwife services prenatal through delivery (if it's vaginal). At the bottom it says $2100 to be paid by 24-26 weeks prenatally, option to do 4 payments. 

I was so caught off guard, and asked "so I have to pay this right now?" And she was like "Oh no honey you have until 24-26 weeks." And I told her I'd be 25 weeks on Sunday. She's like OMG we are so late getting this to you, we should have given you this at your screener appointment (at 5 effin weeks!!!) so you can have a little bit of time past 26 weeks to pay the balance. 

There has also been issues with 2 appointments from December where they haven't sent the correct insurance card and it's saying I owe an outstanding balance. I've given them that same insurance card 3 times and it "goes in my chart" every time, but when I call because of the bill being sent again they "don't have a copy in the file."

I'm so frustrated with their front office that I can't even see straight. I didn't enjoy my appointment or hearing her heartbeat because I was trying so hard not to cry. And then my midwife always has a student who sees me instead of her, so I am going to switch to the other one in the practice (who delivered my niece and I'm familiar with.)  

it was was a terrible experience and I cried all the way home I was so frustrated by the whole thing. Sorry for such a long rant, it just sucked.
  • I ordered a swim suit for my trip to Hawaii next month, and even though I ordered it big, my boobs expanded beyond the limits of the top. I live on an island in Alaska  (no shopping) and it already took a month for this suit to ship, I don't know what to do besides buy an overpriced suit I don't like once I get to a city. It's a stupid small thing but I just want to have control over something right now!