December 2017 Moms

Any STMs still breastfeeding first baby?

DD is 10 months old and I am still nursing 2-3 times a day. I feel like the hormones from BF and now being pregnant are making me cah-razy. Anxiety through the roof and mood swings. I plan to wean right around DD's first birthday, which will also be right after I get into 2nd tri, so hoping I will feel back to normal then. 

Anyone else BFing? How are you feeling? 

Re: Any STMs still breastfeeding first baby?

• I think there are quite a few of us still breastfeeding. My DD is currently 16 months and I don't think I'll wean before new baby gets here. She is still nursing 6+ times a day, but is finally starting to be able to eat solids more effectively. It is getting super painful but the dip in my supply has leveled out for now. *TW* I was also still BFing during my pregnancy that ended in MMC in Dec, and my OB wanted me to immediately wean the next time we got pregnant, but I couldn't find any sound connections between BFing and MC, so I'm going to continue for my DD's health. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm still nursing my 13 month old. It's not a big deal now but I can imagine that out will get difficult as I get bigger. I'm not quite ready to quit yet, so we'll see how long it lasts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still bfing my 15 month old, I have definitely noticed some extra tenderness since becoming pregnant, hoping to keep going though
  • I'm still nursing my almost 9 month old, but my supply has dipped, so we've had to start supplementing with some formula. She won't drink it straight, so I'm mixing it with breastmilk for now. My OB also advised me to start weaning, but I want to keep bf'ing til she hits a year, even if we have to supplement. I'm not power pumping or anything to get my supply back up, just pumping what I can and adding some formula to the bottles. There has been a lot of mom guilt that we got pregnant so soon and she's not on 100% breastmilk anymore, but I'm getting over it. She loves solid food, too, so I think she's doing ok. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • I'm still nursing my 11 mo. I've been noticing the last couple of days though that even if I have her at the breast during the day, she often doesn't even take in any milk. At night she still drinks though, so I'm not sure if my supply is maybe dropping or if this is her self weaning?? Anyone have any experience with this? 
  • Still nursing my 16-month-old 8-10x a day, every 3 hours around the clock. She eats 3 full meals but hasn't dropped a single feed. I'd like to night wean her by 18 months, but then we'll play it by ear for the rest.
    Angela

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm bf-ing my 2.5 year old. She's struggling because, as she tells me, "they aren't working" anymore. So she nurses and nurses and is so frustrated, although she is still able to be soothed and nurse herself to sleep at night.  I'm hoping my milk will dry up and she'll forget about it on her own - that's what happened with my DS when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have no plans to tandem nurse, but whatever happens happens. 

My DS who is 4.5 sometimes steals a sip and he told me the other day my milk doesn't taste good anymore:)
  • I'm so glad you started this thread @cmj689 I am still nursing my 15mo. My supply has definitely taken a significant hit, he gets so frustrated at the breast! My husband wants me to wean because he can see how frustrated we both are, but we're not ready. We only nurse in the morning and evening, and I think I might just drop the AM feed, since I miss it and have to pump about 30% of the time with work and what not. I'd like to keep on days I can, but I'm not sure my supply can keep up. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Still nursing my almost 20 month old but getting aversions. Hoping she will wean soon but I don't think she is ready. 
  • Still nursing here too. I can tell my supply has dipped already because she's on me constantly but I don't hear a lot of swallowing. I'm also nauseous all day and not drinking a lot of water so I'm sure that is not helping. I hope she will wean (22 months) but my older son dry nursed my entire pregnancy at the same age so who knows. 
  • My 17 month old is still nursing a couple of times a day. I was finding for several weeks I was feeling extra exhausted and I was wondering if that had something to do with it or if it was just regular pregnancy exhaustion. However, I'm not quite sure how much she is even getting or if it is mostly dry nursing.
  • I'm still nursing my 2 year old. I'm ready to be done (sore boobs and sensitive nipples), but he's not quite. With my daughter, my milk dried up about halfway through my pregnancy, then she finally stopped nursing. I imagine this third pregnancy will be similar.
  • My daughter weaned herself around her first birthday (January), but I wanted to share this... A couple days ago, she was having a bit of a meltdown in my lap. She proceeded to yank my shirt down and lunge for my boob. She got about an inch away from my nipple with her mouth wide open, paused, looked up at me a said no! It was so funny. Tantrum was over after that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still nursing my 13 month old! We have cut back to 4-5 times a day. I don't think either one of us is ready to wean. 
  • Still nursing my 22 month old. He will sometimes say "all gone!" And be a little frustrated. He also let me sing him to sleep the other night instead of nursing to sleep (very unlike him!). No idea how long we will keep going but I am planning to let him self wean!
  • That's so cute @BabyWnumbertwo that he let you sing him to sleep! My DD also still nurses to sleep at 16 months
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Still nursing my 21 month old. No real plans to quit, we will just see what happens