November 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• @BayCamp ugh and it's probably high humidity too, right? It's low 80s today but with super low humidity and tomorrow should be cooler. Normally I wouldn't bother with the AC but I'm just not feeling it today. I'm tired and grumpy and I just don't want to be vaguely hot. Nineties and humid would probably make me murderous!

• Everything about today was a major WTF, hence not checking in here since early this morning.  It was such a WTF day at work that I can't even bring myself to type it all out but I am rewarding myseld with fast food which I've been craving with this pregnancy but haven't given into. But dammit I deserve it today. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @lancomechica2 I work in DC! My desk view is of the Washington Monument so I feel kinda important though I am definitely not. 
     Very cool! 
  • @ElizabethSchuyler that's crazy! Heat until May 1st? That sounds miserable. 

@ArtificialRed always high humidity. I dread going over there because even when they do use the air it's set to like 78-80 so it's still gross in their house. 
  • @swimsister and also @ElizabethSchuyler I sometimes cannot believe the people you work with. Whatever happened to people having some professional courtesy or just doing your darn job like being in on a call.  I mean, it's international, I'm sure someone is either getting up very early or staying late.  And here I am annoyed with nurses from other units who tell me they can't take report because they're going to lunch, how cute, we don't get set lunch if any and I have maybe 15 minutes to try and call report without triage getting mad that we aren't moving people out the lower acuity patients to make room.  To those nurses I tell them to take report and transportation is going to take long enough for them to have time for lunch. 
  • @ugoglencoco sending him a virtual throat punch on your behalf 
  • @ugoglencoco omg lol. I know your angry but it made me laugh. I'm sure that'll teach him!!
  • am+mommy said:
    Today I have my first ultrasound. I know I should be excited but I am so nauseous I just want to curl up on the couch all day and blow it off. Also, I've had plenty of ultrasounds in the last 2 pregnancies but this time they expect me to drink 1 liter of water in 20 minutes an hour before the appointment and not pee until after the (scheduled) 1 hour appointment. Has anyone else heard of this ?
    No. I've had to either give a urine sample or empty my bladder before visits. The only one I need some water in me for is the NT scan. The nurse said not to go crazy and definitely don't need keep drinking if I'm uncomfortable. She said a bottle an hour or two before is good. (Little does she know I'd pee it all out within 20 minutes.)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @baby3forme WTF? Is there something I'm missing? They can't fire if you're still going to work just because you're pregnant. Did they provide a cause other than FMLA paperwork? You probably have tons of time to do that unless you're using the time for now...
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 No, I've been using time which they told me was okay. They said once my FMLA gets approved I can submit the hours and I'll be fine. Now they're saying I have to submit the hours right away even though it hasn't officially been approved (it's pending) and that I could still get fired.  :| I don't really understand. They approved my leave for November but not my intermittent leave on accident and somehow it's turned around on me.  :/ I've been told I can't get fired for my time over if my FMLA is pending but idk, HR is clueless at my job.
  • DH just told me to "toughen up" and I about lost my damn mind. I've been not sleeping, puking, stomach issues, diarrhea, not eating right for.... 6 weeks? You get a sniffle and you are on your death bed. All I said was "I'm really tired". I am now locked in our room while he takes care of the kids. I will eventually unlock the door for him to come to bed but he can take care of bedtime and such by himself. Toughen up my ass.
    In my OG BMB we have something called the nut punch bus. Sounds like your DH needs a visit. Fire up the bus!! 
  • WTF my MS always the worst at night. Laying here trying to wind down and not puke isn't restful. 
  • @ugoglencoco you are me hero. 
    A. For not committing murder.
    B. For locking him out.
    (Though I probably would've made him sleep on the couch! Lol)
  • WTF to this gender reveal I don't really want to do in the first place. The exploding football DH wants to kick is going to be $52 with shipping. Seriously dude?? Not to mention food to feed the 30 people coming to our house for it (we have a huge family/friends circle) 
  • Wtf to going to the chiro today and feeling like crap all day. SHe was like, this will help your digestion and nausea. Hope this is one of those feel worse before you feel better because otherwise it's not working. 

• @BayCamp. My fiance wants the tires that blow blue or pink smoke. They're $150 EACH!!! I said absolutely not, there's no need for that. He said since his best friend's girlfriend is due in November also that they can each buy one tire to save money. I still say no. 
  • I know it's Thursday but I have a minor wtf... I went from barely being able to eat due to nausea to wanting to eat everything in site...
  • @tec124 that's so sweet for a 3 yr old. I have a 3 yr old boy who caught on that I've been nauseous now he tries to mimic me every time I feed him something he does not like and goes, 'yuck, I think I'm gonna throw up' . Which is what I keep saying every time I'm nauseous.  It was cute the first couple times now I'm just like get over it kid. 
  • eunhasongeunhasong member
    edited April 2017
    Hey all,
    I thought it would be cool to bring mom in law a baby boy shirt since I found out yesterday that I'm having a boy. However my fiance got too excited and ended up group texting everybody. I was ok about it till I saw mother in law and sis in law mentioning they wish it was a girl. The first thing sis in law used was :s many of these faces without saying anything. (And this sis in law is the one that only wants more dogs and thinks kids are too much work so she doesn't even want any kids. Plus she plays video games all day and barely cooks or cleans)So I got real pissed for few minutes. I almost texted everyone to keep their wishes and disappointments to themselves. Especially with gender that none of us can control. I'm just super grateful to be pregnant! Oh the pregnancy hormones get me upset about little things! Anyways in the end I told that sis in law to be in charge of all girl clothes next time I get pregnant with a girl!

• Apparently I snore loudly when I'm pregnant and so DH can't sleep. Since he has to work tomorrow I am in the guest room. So pissed. As I being sick, feeling bad all day and being exhausted weren't enough? He's sleeping in here tomorrow. 
  • @eunhasong I'm so sorry his family reacted that way. That is so childish. As you said, it's not something you can control.

@TeacherMama7 you are a wayyy better wife than me. There is no way in heck that I'd be sleeping in the guest room for even one night. If it bothers him, he can go. :unamused:
  • @swimsister WTF!? My DH frequently gets up early, stays up late, or even gets up in the middle of the night to speak to Ireland or Malaysia. This is what professionals do!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So not Wednesday anymore but I came home from work with DH asking me about our DD getting home, I just learned the grandparents had her so how should I know? Then he tells me he threw out all the "old" food in the freezer including the meat which has been there less than 2 months. Ugh. Idiot!! That's good for 5 months to a year in there. Stop throwing away my damn money and stick to what you know.  He doesn't even care that he tossed out this food and it was 80+ today, we have 3 more days until trash pick up for this food to rot in the can. Thanks.