Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday ~ April 26

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!
You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What is your favorite board (or card) game?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday ~ April 26

• @UterusesBeforeDuderuses: oh my gosh! You're so close!! I am so excited for all the ladies in here. Hopefully we have lots of BFP celebrations in the next few months!!

Are you benched or TTA?
    Still don't know how to answer this  :# Neither!

What brings you here? 
    Company, advice, being around like-minded people.

About 2 weeks

Things are good! I think I have finally kicked my sickness, just some allergies left hanging around, so I feel tons better! 

Any R/R?
    Not that I can think of. I broke a nail yesterday. That always makes me mad. I filed it to match the others, so now I have a midget nail...literally. 

I love a good game of Yahtzee or Uno! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @easttxmamas you're so close too!! Also, I love Yahtzee!!!
  • @UterusesBeforeDuderuses and @easttxmamas, you are SO close!!  We're going to have a large group in the WTO/TWW thread!  

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? I love talking to you guys!  I don't want to put more pressure on myself by talking to people IRL about TTC.  I'm afraid people will ask month after month and I don't want that!

How long do you think you'll be here? We're going to TTC in June.  Not too much longer!

How have things been going?  Pretty good.  :)

Any R/R? Nope, I'm good.  

GTKY: What is your favorite board (or card) game?  I like poker (Texas Holdem).  We used to sit around and play when I was in HS.  We played for bragging rights in my house.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JNCPro3130: you aren't that far off, either! One more month!!
  • @UterusesBeforeDuderuses and @easttxmamas - You both are so close!!! 
    @JNCPro3130 - Hopefully the next month will fly by and you will be TTC before you know it!

GTKY: What is your favorite board (or card) game? I really like Cards Against Humanity. 

• Sort of a random question, but when you guys begin TTC, are you going to move to TTGP, post on both, or stay here?

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JNCPro3130 I love Texas hold em! I'm pretty sure I have a world series of poker game on PS3 I might have to play that tonight!!!

I will probably only post here in May but potentially contribute both places in June going forward. TTGP seems like a big commitment sometimes, the Tww/wto threads can get so huge!
  • @JNCPro3130: I will probably not make the move to TTGP. I don't feel as though I would fit in there since my DW and I are not a "normal" TTC journey. I will probably just hang around here, then move to a birth month board eventually. I read the rules for TTGP and it overwhelmed me...
  • @JNCPro3130 Granted I'm newer to TB at all, but I like being active on both boards. I feel like they each have their own supportive community and it's fun getting to know girls from both areas for me.
  • @JNCPro3130 - I was planning on posting in both. I'm sure the ladies in TTGP are awesome, but I found it really hard to contribute in such a large group. I probably won't post there again unless I hit the 3 month mark of TTC, which is when I will start temping. I really like the dynamic of BOTB, and because it is a smaller group, I find it easier to contribute.
  • @JNCPro3130: I will probably not make the move to TTGP. I don't feel as though I would fit in there since my DW and I are not a "normal" TTC journey. I will probably just hang around here, then move to a birth month board eventually. I read the rules for TTGP and it overwhelmed me...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that is overwhelmed by the rules.  They are very knowledgeable and supportive of one another, but I feel like I will do something wrong and get flamed for it.

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JNCPro3130 I don't think I'll move. I'll just hand here as long as I'm welcome.

• notthefathernotthefather member
    edited April 2017
    Yay @UterusesBeforeDuderuses and @easttxmamas!!
    UBD: I'd play monopoly with you. My BFF and I used to play online back in the day. I miss that. I also love SOC!
    ETM: I saw in another post that your meds arrived. How exciting! I mean, not that you have to have shots, but that you are so close to getting started!
    You aren't far behind @JNCPro3130! If May goes as quickly as April has it'll be here before you know it.

Are you benched or TTA? TTA
    What brings you here? I want a second child, my husband isn't ready and hasn't been for several years.
    How long do you think you'll be here? Indefinitely, I suppose. I don't have plans to bring it up again any time soon.
    How have things been going? In context of babies, good. For a couple weeks that unwavering need to have another baby has... well... wavered. I feel much more at peace with whatever happens, even if that means we are one and done.
    Any R/R? None.
    GTKY: What is your favorite board (or card) game? I love board games! Monopoly, life, Settlers of Catan, any of them! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @UterusesBeforeDuderuses- Yay! Only a week and a half left!! So excited for another member to officially start trying! :) I'm going to have to look up Settlers of Catan. I have never heard of that.
    @easttxmamas - 2 weeks will be here before you know it! 
    @JNCPro3130 - I will probably post on both because I like this board too much to fully leave.
    @notthefather - I am glad you are feeling more at peace.

Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA
    What brings you here? 
    DH's timeline and then I decided to push it back a little further so I can hopefully get a supplement position at work. I should find out in the next few weeks if it is mine or not. If it is, I will most likely wait until August. If not, possibly as early as June.
    See above - but most likely August
    I have been so busy so that has really helped pass the time. Hopefully, it continues to go by quickly. I am so tired of waiting. (I have been waiting for over a year for DH's timeline.)
    Any R/R?
    None
    Cards Against Humanity :) When I was younger my best friend and I used to play rummy (sp?) all the time.

• Me all excited about all the ladies that just started TTC and the ladies who are TTC soon!
  • @JNCPro3130: exactly my thoughts. I don't want to post in the "wrong" spot and get flamed. I am too laid back for that, which is why I love this group!
  • @UterusesBeforeDuderuses I'm seriously so excited for you! I can't wait to follow your journey! I'd play Monopoly! I have a couple versions of it.

@easttxmamas I'm so excited for you and your DW, too! Glad you're feeling better :) That sucks about the broken nail. I took off my nail polish tonight because I'd somehow lost half the polish on my right middle the other day. Yahtzee and Uno are great games! We have a Wii game that includes Yahtzee, as well as a couple other things.

@JNCPro3130 We already have people asking, and it's driving me nuts, so I totally get not wanting people to ask IRL! I actually never learned to play poker!

@ChloandCoco Do you have any of the expansion packs? I love that game, but it's not as fun with just the two of us.

@notthefather I'm happy that you feel more at peace! That's definitely a good thing to feel.

@glitzandglitter Good luck with the new position!

To me, the TTGP board also seems very overwhelming. I understand why they have so many rules, but like a lot of you guys, I'd be worried about posting the wrong thing in the wrong place or at the wrong time and end up getting banned from the board or something. Especially since I can be pretty snarky. I really like the ladies here. It's a smaller group and it feels more comfortable to post in for me. I like that the people there seem very comfortable with each other and everything, but it seems like you're only allowed to post under certain circumstances.

Are you benched or TTA? Still benched.

What brings you here? The conversation and like minded people!

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully not past the end of summer as far as being on hold.

How have things been going? All right, I guess. We're still plodding along. We finally saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them tonight. I love the little niffler! And the erumpent!

Any R/R? My meds for my back haven't really seemed to be helping lately, but I see the pain guy again in about two weeks. He'd said at the last appointment that if I haven't improved further (I think it's actually backslid lately), he'd most likely do another injection at the next one. I also still haven't heard from HR about a new position. So things are really tight around here.

GTKY: What is your favorite board (or card) game? No one has ever heard of it, but Nightmare. It was a video board game that came out in the early 90s and was totally fantastic to play, even as an adult (because we all yell at the character on the tape). My brother recently made me a DVD copy of the tape, since we don't have a VCR anymore. I also really love Cards Against Humanity, Organ Attack (a game created by the Awkward Yeti, the guy who does the Brain and Heart comics), Yahtzee, and Sorry.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ why is HR everywhere so damnnn slow??? I Hope you get some pain relief at your next appointment! I googled that board game and holy crap it is 80 bucks on Amazon! Vintage!
  • @dreamscapes_, I'm sorry your back hasn't been doing well.  I hope your pain guy can help!  It's too bad you have to wait a couple weeks.  :(

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @dreamscapes_ - I'm sorry you still have a lot of pain, hopefully the pain guy can give you some relief. We've added the Canadian expansion pack and it's hilarious, but it's only fun to play in a large group.
  • @dreamscapes_ I loved Fantastical Beasts! I'm sorry HR is being so slow and that your back is hurting so much still :(
  • @UterusesBeforeDuderuses I have no idea! The problem with this is that it has to meet certain criteria (must be an existing, open position; must be able to accommodate my restrictions of no lifting/pushing/pulling >5lb, no kneeling, no climbing; must be full time; must have pants or a long skirt as a uniform option, because Disney doesn't allow visible tattoos and I have a large one on my calf). So it seems like it's just taking forever. Honestly, as far as that game, I found it on eBay a few years ago for like $20! My brother had the one we played as kids, so I had to get my own.

@JNCPro3130 Thanks! The pain medication he has me using is a topical cream, and it's a pain in the butt and doesn't seem to be helping at all.

@ChloandCoco I have a "90s" expansion pack that a friend gave me, but yeah, it's more fun with a large group. I really like Organ Attack, though! That one's a lot of fun.
  • @glitzandglitter I missed this one! We really enjoyed the movie! A friend of mine hated it, but he hates everything (only being slightly facetious). As far as HR and my back, well... We'll figure it out. I've found some work from home stuff I can apply for if things don't get sorted out at my current job.
  • I'm not going to answer the questions because I'll (hopefully) be doing it again in two days. 

Sorry I've been a bit MIA guys. I really want to be active here, it's just difficult for me :( 

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses and @easttxmamas I'm so excited for you guys to start TTC this month!!

My two cents about the TTGP board...I think as long as you're smart about where you post, you're usually fine. And if it's an honest mistake, they're understanding of it. Apologies can go a long way. I got flamed over there for something I said, apologized for my mistake, and moved on. I've posted on a couple GTKY type threads and the Question/Chart Stalk thread because I plan to post there when we start TTC, and I've had no issues with anyone since my one mistake.

GTKY: I also love monopoly!! But like @UterusesBeforeDuderuses said, no one ever wants to play because they don't like it, lol. I also love Speed Solitaire (I know it as Nertz). And I've played a few games with my cousin and his wife and I always love their games!! They're usually games where you really have to think and strategize. I know they have Settlers of Catan, can't remember if that's one I've played or not though!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18