July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 4/25

Happy Tuesday! 

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

Any questions you want to ask the group?

GTKY:
What is the most played song (or album) on your iPod/phone/cd?

Re: PGAL Check-In 4/25

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    mmc in July2016, passed naturally at what should have been 12w (baby measured 9w)

How far along are you? 
    28w5d

How are you doing? 
    Still fighting the cold, but things are getting better.  Baby is moving, but not kicking at hard as she was last week, so that has me anxious.  I think she's turned toward my back and I kinda miss the jabs.

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?
    Whelp, I just barely failed the 1hr glucose last week, so I have to do the 3hr this week.  I feel confident that I will pass, but still not excited.  Big milestone this week will be getting the rest of the nursery furniture delivered on Saturday. Yea!

Cute kid story of the week -- One of the kids I am working with right now is 5, but developmentally ~3.  Every time I see him, he asks if my baby "came out" yet.  Yesterday I saw him, he asked me and I told him no, failing miserably at explaining that the baby needed to get bigger and wouldn't come for a lot of "sleeps" (how we count days for him).  I left the room for maybe 5 minutes and when I came back he asked me again if the baby came out yet.  Same kiddo is fascinated that the baby can hear him, but is convinced that it's because the sound goes through my ears, down a tube to my belly.

GTKY:
    OAR's Crazy Game of Poker
  • @optbaby2017 glad you're feeling better! As baby grows we are supposed to feel the less, since they have less space to move around so I wouldn't worry about it.

I failed the glucose test as well and have to go in this week for the 3 hour test, I majorly failed with a 225 level so I'm almost certain I have gestational diabetes which sucks so much, like I need a new concern and added anxiety!

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    MC at 6 weeks
    Premature labor at 22 weeks
    Preterm premature rupture of membranes at 17 weeks 

How far along are you? 
    28.5 weeks! 

How are you doing? 
    I was doing so much better until I found out I failed the glucose test and now I'm anxious and worried again. 

May 7th

Baby is breech and I have a cerclage, if she doesn't get into position by week 36 when they're supposed to remove the cerclage, they'll just schedule me in for a c section and remove the cerclage when they do the surgery, so not happy with that information. Given my previous loss history, doctors don't want me to try the things they do to help baby move so I can't do anything about it but hope she moves.

Has anyone failed the 1 hour test by so much and then pass the 3 hour test? I kinda already know the answer just want to maybe get my hopes up a little bit. 

GTKY: 
    Florence + the machine - Ceremonials 

I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • @fiorip any chance that you ate something carb-y or sugary before your test? That number is pretty high. Were you feeling really crummy? 
  • @optbaby2017 I did have pasta for dinner the night before. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

• @cait32 interesting... I'll definitely ask my doctors and look into that, thanks. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Miscarriage at 5 weeks in January 2015. Passed naturally 

How far along are you? 29 weeks! I'm not sure I ever truly thought I would make it this far. Feels pretty surreal honestly. 

How are you doing? Good. Loving baby kicks which I get pretty regularly. Having some serious hormone swings though, and hormone side effects. Nausea, indigestion, diahrrea, on top of the emotional swings. Just yuck. But its something new every day which somehow makes it easier to deal with. 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Next Wednesday is my appointment and I am still looking forward to 30 weeks! 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm having some kind of weird rib discomfort. Not sure if something is out of place or its just pressure from my uterus. 

Any questions you want to ask the group? Not at the moment 

GTKY: 
    What is the most played song (or album) on your iPod/phone/cd? Most played song? Oh thats hard, there are so many that I really love. Coldplay is my favorite band though! 

@fiorip
    I'm sorry your going through so much. Can you sit on a birthing ball? Hopefully LO flips! She still has time. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I passed my 3hr glucose test with awesome numbers! The highs last week must really have been that cold, because even with twice the sugary drink I still stayed under what I scored on the 1hr. Hurrah! 

@fiorip how did yours go? 
  • @optbaby2017 I went today, waiting for my results. I'll keep you posted!
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

• @kerils can't sit on a birthing ball but she's been moving a lot lately, hopefully getting into position :)
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

• This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

6 total, last one in 2016 at 13 weeks

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How are you doing? Great! I feel good

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? May 12th

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Glad to not be going in to the doctor as much, getting further along which means safety for the baby, and just to feel and see her getting bigger

GTKY: 
    What is the most played song (or album) on your iPod/phone/cd? Probably something by Mat Kearney
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers