November 2017 Moms
Options

Morning sickness gender predictor?

hi. So did anyone have drastically different symptoms when having a boy vs a girl? Or you did but both pregnancies were the same gender? Just curious. My first 2 are girls and my symptoms were identical but this time around the nausea is much worse. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Morning sickness gender predictor?

• Options
    I know this isn't scientific, but I enjoy discussing it:)  My MS has been much less intense than my first 3 pregnancies, so I'm curious to see what that will mean. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've had more nausea this time around. I'm also feeling that this one is a girl, but I felt that with my second son too, so who the heck knows  :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had fairly mild nausea with only a little vomiting which points to boy on old wives tales, but a friend due in a few weeks had even less nausea than me, never threw up, and is having a girl. I think I'm having a boy based on nothing but feelings. Science will tell us in 10 weeks. 

• Options
    With DS1&2, I hardly ever threw up. With DS3 I threw up all the time, it was awful, and really thought I was having a girl. This time I have a lot of nausea, but only actually throw up sometimes. Who knows!  
  • Options
    I was nauseous from the start with my first but not to the point of keeping me from doing things (besides eating). We were team green but I just knew it was a girl. 

This round I was feeling awesome at first, maybe even better than pre-pregnancy. So I decided it had to be a boy. But then I got too comfortable with my unicorn status and jinxed it. Week 6 hit me hard and I'm still down for the count at (almost) week 12. So now I have no idea.
  • Options
    I keep hearing the sicker you are, the more likely it's a girl, but my mom had zero sickness with me and was extremely sick with my brother so I wonder about that... Her sister had two girls and was never sick. Maybe our family is all weirdos! 

• Options
    I've had mild nausea and no vomiting and it's a boy...but like @DuchessOfCambridge I had a friend with no symtpoms and she had a girl. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With DD I had mild nausea and only threw up twice (both happened within a 3 day span around week 7). This time I have been very sick since week six and throw up about 1-4 times a week so it will be interesting to see when we have our scan in 7 weeks. 
  • Options
    Very little nausea with DS, all the nausea this time so everyone swears it's a girl. We'll find out in 2 weeks! 
  • Options
    I think my nausea was at about the same level as it was with DD, but it seems to be letting up much sooner. I also have a few different symptoms than I did last time--bloating and RLP, which I didn't have at all with DD. Maybe it's a boy!
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2Dash2Dash member
    With DS1 I had strong food aversions (to eggs and meat) but only a little nausea.  With DS2 I had bad nausea for a couple of weeks (week 7-8) and threw up only a couple of times.  This time I've had severe nausea since I found out I was pregnant - all day long (on diclectin).  Not sure what it means.  I've heard that nausea gets worse with each pregnancy.  Also I'm fairly certain I only make boys ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With DS1 I had zero symptoms. So much so, that I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was 17 weeks! DS 2 I was terribly fatigued with very mild nausea. But the fatigue was so bad that there were times I would have to go into work late because I couldn't muster up the energy to get out of bed in the morning. With this one, I have been extremely nauseous but no vomiting and the fatigue is just as bad. I nap every day and I'm not a napper. At my appt on Monday, the doctor prescribed me an anti-nausea medication. It's helping a little. I am hoping the severe nausea means a girl!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @adirat maybe you are a boy cause old wives tales are always right. 
  • Options
    With DD I had mild nausea. Only threw up five times the whole pregnancy. This time the nausea is a bit worse. I feel like it's a boy this time but I felt that DD was a boy too.
  • Options
    My best friend's mom had HORRIBLE MS with both of her boys but only a little heartburn with her girl. 
    I have had Terrible morning sickness with only probably about 3 good days since about 5 weeks.  My husband swears it's a boy because he just "feels" that it is lol.
  • Options
    @adirat maybe you are a boy cause old wives tales are always right. 
    Uh oh...that would change a lot for me...and for my husband... ;)

• Options
    I know this thread is about MS gender prediction, but have any of you heard/done the baking soda gender predictor? You just take 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup and pour your first morning urine in the cup and if it fizzles its a boy, if it does nothing its a girl! 

I only have angel babies, but my MS has been bad, but only throwing up a few times or in my mouth. Both DH and I think it's a boy, but we're team green! So we will see in 27-ish weeks! (that doesn't seem like that long! OMG)
  • Options
    @Furmommy Yes, I tried that with my last pregnancy and there was no fizz. Sadly, I was never able to know the sex of the baby to see if the test was accurate or not. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cwalker042 I'm so sorry about your loss... 
  • Options
    I pretty much have the same symptoms I had with DS - exhaustion and starving all the time; had very mild nausea with both.  And this one is a girl.  
    Pregnancy Ticker