Baby Names

Gwynn or Gwyneth?

Do you like Gwynn better as a full name or as a nickname for Gwyneth?

Re: Gwynn or Gwyneth?

• Nickname for Gwyneth or Gwendolyn 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  •     
  • I prefer Gwynn (I actually prefer the spelling Gwen but that wasn't the question). The name Gwen/Gwynn/Gwyn has a long history as a stand alone name. It's a strong and beautiful name. 
    silvergreen
  • I really love Gwynn! :smile:
  •     
  • I prefer Gwynn as a nn, and Gwyneth is a lovely full name. 
    June S17 Siggy Challenge: workout Fails
    Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

amye77
  • I like Gwen better, this spelling.
  •     
  • *Lurker*

My ex's sister's name was Gwyn, and I thought it was...interesting. Their parents were pretty hippie-ish so all of their names were on the slightly unique side. But it's pretty!
  • I don't like nicknames, but Gwynn seems incomplete for a formal name.  I'd use Gwyneth as the name and call her Gwynn.  Both are beautiful.

•     
  • Gwyneth. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • I actually pronounce Gwynn like "Gwin" when I read it. I've tried to read it and say "Gwen" in my my head, but time and time again, I say "Gwin". Mostly due to to the -lyn endings being so popular now. I would go with Gwyneth and nn Gwen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SKZWdelujm0
  •     
  • I actually pronounce Gwynn like "Gwin" when I read it. I've tried to read it and say "Gwen" in my my head, but time and time again, I say "Gwin". Mostly due to to the -lyn endings being so popular now. I would go with Gwyneth and nn Gwen. 
    What she said^^
    Me (29) & DH (30)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    purplewriter-2MyNamesTakendelujm0
  • Where I am Gwyneth and Gwyn both sound like "win" and are lovely, although I'd go Gwyneth with Gwyn as a nn.

Not sure which pronunciation you're going for, but if you want to rhyme with "when" I'd spell it Gwenyth nn Gwen. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  •     
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    I know Gwynn is a full name but it still feels incomplete to me so I would go with Gwyneth.  I also like Gwendolyn. 
    JennyColada
  • Gwyneth or Gwen. No Gwynn

•     
  • Gwyneth
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • ccm2017ccm2017 member
    10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
    Agree with others - Gwyneth or Gwen