November 2017 Moms

Here for the sex! USE THIS THREAD!

bcashawbcashaw member
edited April 2017 in November 2017 Moms
Due to the fact that the person who started the last ( and widely popular ) here for the sex thread sadly had a loss this is the new post for those who are finding out! 
Anyone secretly wish for one over the other? 
I'm hoping for a girl! 

Re: Here for the sex! USE THIS THREAD!

• Thanks for starting a new thread. It's exciting to see everyone finding out what they are having...we have a long 10 weeks ahead of us, since we are waiting for an anatomy scan. I don't know how much the early testing would cost, but given I have high deductible insurance and the Cystic Fibrosis test cost $600+....I don't even want to know. I secretly want to have a boy, but would be very happy with either a boy or girl.

But definitely love hearing what others are having so far!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have a real preference, but in terms of twins, I'm a little more scared of how to handle two boys!
  • I'm pretty indifferent this time. With DS I really, really wanted a boy. I would be very happy to have another boy! But a girl would be nice too, I'm sure. The cute clothes and potential for more shared interests with what I liked as a child would be fun. I feel like this is a girl. 

I'm planning on having the blood work done for the genetic screening tomorrow. But I do plan on going over the cost one more time!!

• edited April 2017
    I kind of want a girl because I'm a girl and girl clothes are so cute and DH kind of wants a boy because he's a boy and he thinks it'll be easier but we'll be thrilled with either. So many fun things about each! MIL is rooting for a girl because there are soooo many boys on DHs side, all the babies have been boys so far. I still feel like we're having a little boy  <3 We'll find out if I'm right in about 10 weeks!

• You know... a boy would be nice because DH would be thrilled to have a little buddy to roll around with. BUT at the same time, with the littles being 2 years apart exactly, a girl would save us a lot of money on clothes. Also, at this point, I'm a girl mom... Im not sure if I know how to parent a boy, lol. 
  • We have two boys already. I'm not gonna lie, I'd be thrilled with another boy, I know what to do with boys, but I know DH would like a girl. He wanted a little girl with our first, so I'm sure he would be thrilled with a little girl. Our kids are the only grandchildren that will ever occur for either family, so it would be nice to have a little girl to go with the boys. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a feeling that I am having a girl.  Funnily enough, even though I started this thread we will not be finding out. 
    But I am excited to live vicariously through all of you even if I have to wait 10 whole weeks !
  • I had a feeling with DD that she was a girl from the beginning. I have no idea with this LO! I don't want to find out but DH does. I don't think he can keep a secret, so I am sure I will know anyway because he will slip up. 
  • Me and my future MIL want it to be a girl. Fiance wants a boy. I always wanted a boy first and then a girl so big brother could watch over his little sister and I already have my boy. But I feel like it's another boy. I'll be happy either way though! 
  • My first was a boy and I was super excited about that. this time around, it would be nice to have a girl to experience the diff in gender but I wouldn't mind having another boy. My DS experience was easy and he's just the sweetest little boy so I don't mind having another boy! (finger crossed for another easy baby!)
    4 years TTC (Unexplained)
    2014: 3 IUIs Failed
    2014: IVF #1 succeed- Baby Boy Born 2015
    2017: IVF #2 Jan Cycle - BFP! EDD 11/2/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm having a boy, but I also thought DD was a boy. (But with her, I secretly wanted a girl.) DH and I both want a boy this time, it would be kind of nice to have one of each. DH has joked (sort of joking...sort of real) that we'll just keep trying until we get a boy...so I hope we have one this time to take the pressure off! Haha.  I'd be excited about another girl too, though. 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH thinks its a girl and so does my mom and other people. Not sure what it is. I will be 10 weeks tomorrow, so we have 10 to go til we find out! I would love a little girl so we could have a great relationship like my mom and I have, but also would love a little boy. Thrilled either way! 
  • I would like a girl as I already have a boy but if I have another boy, I won't be upset. I already know how to handle boys lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ugoglencocougoglencoco member
    edited April 2017
    I would like a girl, but I don't mind another boy of course. The only thing that has me leaning toward this one *maybe* being a girl is that with ds2 we didn't know gender until 20 weeks but had a girl name picked out at 7 and struggled with boy names.This time we can't find a girl name we love (a family member has since taken our first pick girl name) but have a boy name ready to go. My whole family is rooting for the girl (we would be the only chance at a granddaughter on both sides) so we will see in 2 weeks! Eek!
  • @ugoglencoco I'm actually having the same experience, but opposite! With DD, we picked out a girl's name without any trouble long before the anatomy scan, but we fought over boy names. This time, we've actually already found a boy's name we love, but we don't have a girl's name yet. I think that's a sign it's a boy this time! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really want a girl, but I've noticed a lot of people who know assume I want a boy automatically?  Not sure why.  But I definitely want a girl(s), since twins.  I'd be perfectly happy with a boy though.
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• @shepersisted That post really hit me. Thank you for that reminder. I truly feel for your friend and the sexist ideas she has to live under.

• I had a feeling with DD that she was a girl from the beginning. I have no idea with this LO! I don't want to find out but DH does. I don't think he can keep a secret, so I am sure I will know anyway because he will slip up. 
    Me exactly. 
  • @ShePersisted yes. Thank you. It's always good to remember how much privilege we live with !
  • @ShePersisted Great reminder. We're so lucky to live in a culture that teaches us to appreciate every baby no matter its gender! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • adirat said:
    @shepersisted That post really hit me. Thank you for that reminder. I truly feel for your friend and the sexist ideas she has to live under.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for that perspective @ShePersisted
  • I took the genetic testing Friday and now just waiting around like a crazy person! I try not to call the testing company everyday for the results I don't want to be that lady. But I am that lady. Lol It's so hard to wait knowing the results could be ready any moment. Fiancé wants a girl we already have a DS I'm really indifferent but I guess a girl would be great. 
  • My feeling is this baby is a girl. My feeling was right for my daughter and son. Chinese gender chart says girl and heart rate wives tale points to boy. I also crave pickles like I did with my son...so we'll see! I took the blood test last Thursday and the estimated completion date showing is 5/2.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• @ShePersisted Thank you for your perspective. You are right, we are very fortunate to be able to enjoy the fun of speculating the sex of the baby without fear or concern.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• @ShePersisted Some of my students' parents came here so they could have more than one child and / or not give away their girls so they could continue on to get a boy too. It's sad.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • We have two boys and a girl already so we don't mind either way. DH wants a boy because of the name we picked, James Tiberius, but I think it would be kinda cool to have two of each sex. I am 99% sure I am having a girl, I just have that feeling. We shall see in 10ish weeks. 
    Me: 30 DH: 34
    Married: 11/2013
     "Q" DS1: 3/2011
    "T" DS2: 10/2012
    "A" DD: 1/2014
    EDD #4: 11/26/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker

• At first I REALLY wanted a boy, in fact hubby is still hoping for a boy. Honestly, I'd be good with either. I do have a strong feeling it's a boy, though. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ChattyKitty17ChattyKitty17 member
    edited April 2017
    We still have a ways to wait since we are doing the anatomy scan route but I honestly will be happy either way. In a way a girl would be easier because they will be sharing a room and I already have a DD, as welll as all her baby clothes and things. But I would also love to have a boy for DH to have someone to pal around with (disclaimer: DH and DD are best friends and she does everything with him too, ) it would just be cool to have a tiny man to add to his guy time. 
    Since im not planning on being done this time around I don't have strong enough feelings either way but everyone else swears little one is a boy.
    P.S.sorry for the novel
  • I already have two girls and I'm 99% sure this one is a girl as well. That's cool.  B)
  • I have one of each already. I'm slightly hoping that this one is a girl, but have a feeling it's a boy. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I cannot believe how strongly I feel this is a girl. Is that weird for a FTM? I feel like I just know. 
  • We both secretly want a girl, but both sides of the family only have girls, so I suspect the grandparents hope for a boy. I don't really have a feeling yet on what it will be!  We have our genetic testing on May 10, so we should know by mid-May I'm guessing!
  • MKMandevilleMKMandeville member
    edited April 2017
    @bcashaw not at all. My husband's side has only had boys for four generations but when we got pregnant the first time we both knew from the beginning it was a girl. His whole family said it would be a boy since that is all his family had they were shocked when we told them they were wrong. 

I always have a strong belief that mom's intuition knows best. 
  • car1acar1a member
    @bcashaw @MKMandeville I have always had the feeling mine is a boy. When I said this to my mom and MIL they were shocked and tried to talk some science back into me, said they never had intuitions with their children. They also didn't have u/s done at that time unless it was an emergency, so they were likely in the state of mind where it wasn't too fun to contemplate. Well, we all have a 50% chance of being right! Time will tell.
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • With my 6yo I really wanted a boy. Like, in retrospect, I'm ashamed of how badly I wanted him to be a boy. 

This time around, we really struggled to conceive and will be so happy either way. My son and my fiancé want a girl, I *feel* like it's a boy but don't have a strong preference and probably feel like it's a boy because that's all I know. 

NIPT will be drawn Monday afternoon. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]