Missed Miscarriage 12 weeks — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Missed Miscarriage 12 weeks

im here for support as we go tomorrow for our d&c. My story...

My husband and I were married in August 2015. We had both been married previously and we each have a child, my son is 10 and his is 12. We immediately started TTC after we got married. November 2016 we found out we were expecting!! At 6 weeks on December 5th. I began bleeding and we had a horrible miscarriage. The doctor said we could start trying again right away so we did. I found out I was pregnant again on February 23rd. We immediately called the doctor and went in at 4 weeks to confirm and they did blood work to reassure me. All of my levels looked great. We went in at 6 weeks for an early scan, where we saw the heartbeat at 140bpm. The doctor said everything looked great. We went back 2 weeks later, again for peace of mind, where the doctor did an ultrasound on a handheld device. We saw the heartbeat and he reassured us everything was going well. After that we felt confident so we scheduled the next appointment 4 weeks out and would continue on the "normal" schedule. We went in for the 12 week checkup expecting to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. He immediately said oh no this doesn't look good as he checked on his handheld ultrasound machine. He wanted to go do an ultrasound on the big machine so they rushed me over there. There was definitely no heartbeat. We were told the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I was given the option to go home and let things progress naturally or schedule surgery. It was a Friday so we scheduled surgery for Monday. I did a lot of research over the weekend and decided we had to have one more scan to be sure before having the procedure. We had that scan today, Monday, and there is no heartbeat. I rescheduled surgery for tomorrow but, I'm still having a hard time coming to grips with what has happened. How could it still be in there after over 4 weeks! Now, almost 5. How come my body still gives my symptoms of pregnancy? My belly was still growing, my heart is broken. 

Re: Missed Miscarriage 12 weeks

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I had some answers for you. Just know that you are not alone. I was measuring 6w2d and should have been about 9w when the ultrasound showed no heartbeat. My body was also failing to realize that I was no longer carrying a viable pregnancy, and I made the decision to have a D&C performed three days later. I had no spotting whatsoever, so who knows how long it would have taken before my body realized.

Sending you so many hugs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss.  I was 9wks but baby was only 5wks 4 days when I had my d & c.  It can take our bodies a while to recognize that pregnancy isn't viable.  I started spotting two days before d & c but then it stopped day before.  I hope all goes well tomorrow as well as it can considering.  Be kind to yourself and take some time to heal both physically and emotionally